Extra Stimulation Coming to Modern Warfare 2 in 2010

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Extra Stimulation Coming to Modern Warfare 2 in 2010

A second map pack for Modern Warfare 2 has been confirmed by Activision.

There was a time when buying a "map pack" meant that you wouldn't get lost on a trip across the country. Now it refers almost solely to the DLC that expands online first-person shooters, such as the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus map pack. Get ready to be stimulated again, because Activision has confirmed that a second map pack is coming to the game this year.

On a recent Activision recent financial earnings conference call, employees of Activision discussed earnings related to financial activities. Activision COO Thomas Tippl also revealed the second Modern Warfare 2 map pack, presumably in-development by the remaining employees of Infinity Ward. Even with the shake-ups going on at IW, if this new map pack surprises you, welcome to your first day outside of the womb.

The Stimulus pack clocked in at a slightly heftier $15 compared to previous map pack releases, and Activision is planning to keep the price right there. "The $15 price point has still provided a fantastic value to gamers.. we think that has worked," Tippl said on the call. While the fantastic level of the value here is in question, it doesn't matter, as more than one million people whipped out their $15 for the Stimulus pack on Xbox Live alone in one day. You screwed yourselves gamers!

No other details were provided on the second map pack, but they'll trickle out eventually.

Source: 1up

I guess there were enough suckers out there willing to pay $15 for a few new maps.

So... who's going to develop the map-pack.... Did IW ward make it before they left and Activision found it in the cupboard when they were cleaning out the offices?

I wonder which CoD: 4 map their going to bring back next?

And $15 bucks again? Well I know I'm not buying it.

Great, so im going to be spending 90 bucks total on agame that should be 40... Activision, if you fuck over bungie like you did IF, its on.

Another useless fucking map pack? How about some patches or a fucking "Gun pack" maybe?

The first one was already a disappointment. Why the hell would I want to buy another?

FANTASTIC VALUE!!!

there was bearley any creativity in the first stimulus pack

for £10 i want to see

at least five NEW maps....not three new ones and two old ones
Some new perks, equipment, gun add ons and guns
and some new game modes

only then will i shell out £10

As Einstein once said, the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

As schockingly bad value as $15 for a few maps the mod community could have knocked out in a week, people continue to astound me by ponying up the money to encourage it to happen again. Bend over gaming community, Bobby's coming round for another go.

Le Tueur:
Another useless fucking map pack? How about some patches or a fucking "Gun pack" maybe?

I might pay for unlockable golden camouflage and secondary weapon camouflage. Maybe.

I will buy a new campaign for the game. 1200 points is the price for GTA:SA and some Xbox 360 classics - not a few maps. A new campaign would be excellant. Preferably you play as Ghost.

IW, READ THIS!

Let's see. I was charged $10 for 4 maps (3 regular, 1 zombie) with WaW. That means for $15, gamers should get 6 maps. Anyone who owns the game, is that what you are getting? And are the maps any good? No for both equals a rip.

I'm so glad I didn't pre-order or buy the game like I was going to do. Even with all of my friends talking about it.

I did not, nor will i buy either of the map packs for MW2. Im just not online enough to bother with it.

Wow... 1 million people bought the map pack... dear oh dear. I'm stunned. Out of words. That fuck head Kotick proves over and over that he can charge any rediculous price on bullshit DLCs and maps and people will still buy it. Charging you for maps... christ

Milk it for all it's worth. You'll dry up and die like EA nearly did before having the balls to reinvent themselves.

Activision are pushing their luck HUGELY.

the way the first one was implement on PC is so fucking dumb there's zero chance i'll buy a second one.

LordCuthberton:

Le Tueur:

I might pay for unlockable golden camouflage and secondary weapon camouflage. Maybe.

I will buy a new campaign for the game. 1200 points is the price for GTA:SA and some Xbox 360 classics - not a few maps. A new campaign would be excellant. Preferably you play as Ghost.

IW, READ THIS!

I beleive someone created a post to mock your idea of weapon pack...

It would be nice if they could fix the game instead of adding even more broken shit.

I've never had such buyer's remorse as I had form the Stimulus pack. I only got it because all my buddies were getting it. No damn way I'm spending another 15 quid on MW2, unless they add some more SP campaign (like 5 hours more...)

Malyc:

I beleive someone created a post to mock your idea of weapon pack...

Firstly, I before E.

"And?" is my response. No one has to buy anything and I would pay a small amount for a camouflage pack. Several other posters I have seen are keen for "More guns, perks and attachments" are they all joking?

End of the day people can mock me, but I would be happy with my purchase.

[/responding to you]

Hey man, theres no need to go off on me, im agreeing with you that weapon and camo packs would be good.
Also, sometimes my left hand gets ahead of my right when im typing.

this makes me sad.
especially as I suspect that another pack may be even more expensive.
woo-hoo
port over strike and crossfire, make a trio of mediocre maps, make millions of dollars.

derp.

LordCuthberton:

I'd love to see one of my shotguns in a woodland camouflage.

I'm a PS3 user, so that means I wont even be able to get this until a month after 360 does anyway. In that month, I'll decide if they're worth my money. I thought the first one would have been, but oh how wrong I was.

And this is why I hate people. Who the fuck would buy this crap

lol. Fuck that. I'll be busy playing MoH.

fix-the-spade:
As Einstein once said, the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

As schockingly bad value as $15 for a few maps the mod community could have knocked out in a week, people continue to astound me by ponying up the money to encourage it to happen again. Bend over gaming community, Bobby's coming round for another go.

He never said that, he said:
"Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.."
Translates to: Two things are eternal, the universe and human stupidity, but i'm not sure about the universe...
Edit: what am i talking about, he did say that.
Sorry my stupidity is truly limitless >.<
Ot: Well 1 million buyers kinda pales when you consider that 4 mmillion bought that retarded horsemount for wow for 25 euro.

I'm surprised how hungry Activsion is, i mean havn't they got enough money from this game, maybe they should invest it in a better game.

Lets hope this wont kill the EU PSN Store again!

Mad Stalin:
And this is why I hate people. Who the fuck would buy this crap

Fanboys who don't realize that MW2 is not an incredible shooter and they're getting ripped off by Activision.

Indeed, we did screw ourselves.

People will bitch about this map pack's price tag, but still lap it up the moment it comes out.

Just... dammit...

The only way this could work is if

A) They add like 12 Maps
B) They add Nazi Zombies
C) The cut the pretenses and make it when you use a knife with Commando Pro, it straight up plays the sword sound from Halo. Also, your head explodes.
D) They release two new perks: I Am Rubber (Causes all tubes and projectiles to bounce back to the one who fired them) and No More Mister Knife Guy (Insta Kills anyone who knifes with Commando)

This is blatant milking of the hardcore playerbase. 14 million copies of the game were sold, yet only 1 million paid for a new map pack. Id buy a map pack for 5 bucks, if just 2 million more of the 14 million felt the same way they'd make the same amount of money WITHOUT looking like greedy fools.

I predict sales of the new map pack will be even lower.

And seeing as the new MoH is being released prior to the black ops expansion...

*sings* "I see trouble aheaaaad"

Hey, it's their money. *shrug* I guess I can be a little happy that i'm not falling for this blatant money-squeezing. Buying the main game was enough.

GiantRedButton:
He never said that, he said:

He said them both.

I'll prove it with the insurmountable truth of the internet!
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins148851.html

How many people are left at IW anyway? Like 10?

At first I didn't quite understand why IW removed the map editor and dedicated servers from MW2, but recently I've begun to understand why.

They can charge us a lot of money for maps we (in all likelihood) would've gotten for free from a nice modder.

Didn't buy the last set, and I won't buy this. I've moved onto other games. =D

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or