Darth Vader Raps: "Galactic Empire State of Mind"

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Darth Vader Raps: "Galactic Empire State of Mind"

Jay-Z, eat your heart out: The Dark Lord of the Sith is here, and he's ready to force-choke his way to a Grammy Award for his slick rhymes.

It's almost the end of the work day on Friday here at The Escapist HQ - time to relax and enjoy the weekend, and maybe catch Iron Man 2. What better way to kick off a May weekend than with the white-hot raps of Mr. Coruscant Boy himself, Darth Vader - a la Jay-Z?

In case you're not familiar, "Galactic Empire State of Mind" is a parody of "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z (ft. Alicia Keys). The lyrics are a hilarious summary of the original Star Wars trilogy, the rapper is talented, the production value is sky-high ... and okay, we're all thinking it: That Leia is smoking hot.

"Galactic Empire State of Mind" is the handiwork of the almost-always-hilarious folks at College Humor. Well done, guys.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Nice! Great way to kick off my weekend, lol. hilarious!

Saw this a couple days ago. One of the funniest things I've seen in my life xD.

That is one the best rap/Star wars parody I've seen.

Yeah, I saw it yesterday. Practically blew my mind. I was literally speechless throughout the entire thing.

Usually, I hate rap... But c'mon, this is so insanely awesome. Wow.

I've seen a lot of great parodies from CollegeHumor, but this one takes the cake. Pure Genius right here.

This was posted ion CollegeHumor like a month or two ago, pretty old. Either way great parody!

Better than the original. Then again, Jay-Z, as the annoying talentless hack that he is, ruins the original.

Things worthy of note:

- The lyrics are REALLY well done. Kudos.
- The voices are fantastic. If imitating Jay-Z isn't particularly hard, whomever filled in for Allicia Keys didn't have it easy, and lived up to it. Nice.
- Redundant but, the girl is quite hot. Oh dear, the "slave Leia" suit... I'll say no more.

Must be a pretty slow news day for the Escapist staff. Well, whatever fills up the page.

Collegehumor never fails to disappoint with any of their material.

Almost certainly the best hip-hop synopsis/parody of a major science-fiction/fantasy film series I've ever seen.

Gh0st1y_H:
Must be a pretty slow news day for the Escapist staff. Well, whatever fills up the page.

Oh come on. We see something cool, we post it :P Pretty simple formula.

No "Vader Voice"? I would've said "massive fail" if it wasn't still awesome.

It would've been more awesome with Vader Voice though.

>_>

Bust some moves, Vader, this an amazing parody.

I saw this a while ago, but I still give you, John, an A for awesomeness!

I usually don't like rap, but this is just fantastic.
Really well put together too, with the costumes and everything. Also, their Leia is pretty hot.
Excellent video and song, I'd actually like to download it if it's possible.

Star Wars
Empire is out to find Leia
Death Star plans in R2
Shoot the exhaust ports
Kenobi may now be see-through
But the Force is within Luke
Let's hear it for New Hope, New Hope, New Hope

...Yeah, "Leia" totally steals the show.

Hilarious! And that last outfit the girl wore...yeah, I'll be back in about 15 minutes....

Aww, Youtube seem to have removed it :(

I'l to to college humour to check it out.

I saw this a couple weeks ago.

It is good, but I still prefer the original, as I'm not a huge Star Wars fan.

All in all, I thought it was a good video. True, I was a little disappointed they didn't use the Vader voice, but all that respirator noise probably would have ruined it. I got a laugh out of how bad the Ewok costumes were! Still, it was pretty good. And I agree with everyone else: that chick playing Leia wasn't half bad looking.

Definetly better then the orignal. It's pretty god damn awesome. Well done

Hahahahahaha.

Lol..............just lol.

Also- oh:

SilverHammerMan:
their Leia is pretty hot.

GodKlown:
that chick playing Leia wasn't half bad looking.

............yeah she wasn't bad.

That was all around enjoyable, Thanks for starting my weekend off right, Escapist Staff!

The stormtroopers dancing is perhaps the best thing ive seen in ages.

The wookie needs a hairbrush and the girl playing leia is really nice looking. Her heaphones are awesome

Also the lyrics are really well written it mustve taken them ages

Both the rebels and the stormtroopers had some good moves.

But the "Star Wars:gangster rap" is better than this.

John Funk:

Gh0st1y_H:

I don't blame you, but this is old. And Collegehumor isn't really an out-of-the-way site we're talking about. It's more like "let's check on this weekly to see if there's anything to report on."

It's an source of good news coverage, which requires little to no effort to check out, that went unchecked for far too long.

Saw this last night, has to be hands down one of THE best college humor parodies.

Three things occur to me when I watch this:

Damn, this is really well made.
Damn, she is hot.
Damn, half a million hits in two days.

Gh0st1y_H:

John Funk:

Gh0st1y_H:

I don't blame you, but this is old. And Collegehumor isn't really an out-of-the-way site we're talking about. It's more like "let's check on this weekly to see if there's anything to report on."

It's an source of good news coverage, which requires little to no effort to check out, that went unchecked for far too long.

Yeah, I think you're nominating yourself to be the Escapist CollegeHumor watcher at this rate.

John Funk:
Galactic Empire State of Mind

Predator Rap still bests all...but then again, it doesn't have any breakdancing...

Ah College Humor. They do good work.

And yeah that Leia was sweet.

ForgottenPr0digy:
Both the rebels and the stormtroopers had some good moves.

But the "Star Wars:gangster rap" is better than this.

I remember that. I haven't seen it in years. Thanks for showing it to me again.

Yes, I agree, Gangsta Rap was better but that doesn't mean this one wasn't great.
Damn, rebels got some moves!

Truly awesome video. Well made, good lyrics, and an all round good video. Made my day, it has.
Anyone know the names of the singers, out of interest? The guy sounds familiar.

I could only understand about a third of the rap because of the loud background music. If they're going to parody a music style that is normally hard to understand, you'd think they'd put in some subtitles or lower the back beat a bit.

Wahful:
Aww, Youtube seem to have removed it :(

I'l to to college humour to check it out.

I'm getting an embed disabled by request when I try to watch the video. D:

To Google!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook