These Are Your New Pokemon Black & White Starters

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

These Are Your New Pokemon Black & White Starters

Attention, Pokefans: This is what your new Pokemon Black & White starters will look like - if you were in a room with them and turned off all the lights, anyway.

Right on the heels of the announcement that Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver have sold a combined 8.4 million copies comes the reveal of the three new starting 'mons in Pokemon Black & White ... sort of.

The image you see here is the silhouettes of the three Black & White Version starters. Though one can assume that - as with every other game in the series - they'll be your standard water/fire/grass-type trio, we don't know which is which. Nor do we know their names, or anything about them other than what they would look like in a very, very dark room if the only light source was behind them, or something like that.

As with the last major Black & White reveal, this reveal came from the Japanese TV program Pokemon Sunday (at ~6:20), where it was presented by a cute girl and people dressed like Slowpoke and Chimchar. Oh, Japan.

Personally, I don't think the one on the bottom left is the Fire-type, since it'd look a bit too much like Charmander - my guess is it'll be the Grass-type starter, what with the leaf-like object on the tail. The presence of a beaver-like tail on the figure on the bottom right might suggest that it'll be the Water-type starter, but wouldn't that be too much like Bidoof/Bibarel?

So by process of elimination, that means that (as far as I'm guessing), the bottom-left is the Grass starter, some sort of weird lizard thing. The top-middle silhouette is the Water starter, which looks like a cross between a piglet and a rabbit. And the bottom-right is the Fire-type starter, which might well be some sort of rodent - or a woodland creature in general. Like ... a Fire raccoon/tanuki-looking critter.

But those are just my guesses, and I could be wrong. I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

(Via Destructoid)

Update #2: Yes, the images below are officially a hoax. I'm going to repeat, just in case some people don't get it: The ones below are not the official Pokemon Black & White starters. They're still an interesting fan take on what they could look like, though, so ... we'll leave the image up for now.

Update: The Escapist community member Hurr Durr Derp dug up what turned out to be a fan-made version of what the monsters could like in not-silhouette form:

We won't know what they'll look like for real until Nintendo chooses to unveil them, of course.

Apparently my friend said coloured screens have been posted, but IDK if he is BSing or not.

Either way, they look pretty ugly, I doubt anything will beat the first 3 generation of starts, I mean, they gave us MUDKIPS, how can you beat that!?

I realize I'm a total prick for judging them on their silhouettes, but I already don't like them. :(

I'm guessing a mutated Charmander, Chikorita, and Bidoof for starters.

Dyp100:
Apparently my friend said coloured screens have been posted, but IDK if he is BSing or not.

Either way, they look pretty ugly, I doubt anything will beat the first 3 generation of starts, I mean, they gave us MUDKIPS, how can you beat that!?

The Piplup family. Adorable critter to a giant steel penguin.

Considering this is the new generation, I wouldn't put it past them to possibly move away from the traditional fire/water/grass starters. I would love to see some kind of Ghost/Dark/Psychic choice or something like that. And seeing that these silhouettes aren't 100% clear on what type they are, who knows.

The Grass one best not be shyt like Chikorita! Turtwig and that little stoner gecko were mint and Bulbasaur... Bulbasaur was a GOD!

Dyp100:

Found it. Dunno if it's real or fake, but...

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:

Okay, my predictions were incorrect...

zHellas:

John Funk:
SUPAH SNIP!

I say lower left is Fire, middle is Grass, and lower right is Water.

That was exactly what I thought...but the picture Hurr Durr Derp shows different types on different silhouettes.

Either way, even though I've never quite been the 'older Pokémon look far better', I have to say that these new Pokémon look absolutely retarded. The Fire-type is cool, yeah, but the Grass-type looks kind of...eh, flat, and the Water-type has a fucking SNOT?!

Absolutely retarded.

John Funk:
SUPAH SNIP!

I say lower left is Fire, middle is Grass, and lower right is Water.

The one at the top could almost be an electric type...

Hurr Durr Derp:

Dyp100:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:

...Oh good God, I don't even think fire will fix this problem.

...Nuke it from space. |:<

I've seen coloured versions somewhere. Bear with me!

Collin Henderson:
Considering this is the new generation, I wouldn't put it past them to possibly move away from the traditional fire/water/grass starters. I would love to see some kind of Ghost/Dark/Psychic choice or something like that. And seeing that these silhouettes aren't 100% clear on what type they are, who knows.

Didn't everyone have that exact same train of thought with D/P?
Either way, my friend and I have already called Water-Grass-Fire (From left to right) for them. It seems rather obvious.

I also wanna put a quick out there that any colored images out there are probably fake. Word on the street is that Corocoro on the 15th will have the real thing.

Hurr Durr Derp:

Dyp100:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:

AHHA! That's what I was looking for. I hope fake... Whilst the Grass and Water ones are bearable. The Fire one is mega DERP!

Wow, they look... damn dumb.

They've really ran out of ideas.

I don't really like the look of these new Pokemon. There's just something about them that seems... off.

John Funk:

Dyp100:

The Piplup family. Adorable critter to a giant steel penguin.

Hmmm, it's pretty cute, but I still like the others starters more. Though, it's probably the best of the Pearl starters.

Also, you might want to update since coloured pics of the starters have been posted in this thread.

Hurr Durr Derp:

Dyp100:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:

Whoa man! Those just look bizarre compare to the other starters.

I wonder what their final forms look like...

Hurr Durr Derp:

Dyp100:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:

GOD ALMIGHTY! IT CAN'T BE UNSEEN! IT CAN'T BE UNSEEN!

What twisted sick man spawned these abominations? I can't even decide which one of them is the least freaky/ugly!

I mean seriously... a water-pig, a fire-koala-like-thing and a grass-... what the hell is that thing anyway?

The starters get worse every generation, it's not 'nostalgia goggles' or whatever, the original 3 really are the best.

Hurr Durr Derp:

Dyp100:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:

Fire aint gonna help out, yo. This makes the James in a bikini thing look acceptable

Hurr Durr Derp:

Dyp100:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:

I have to agree to your statement if that is how they'll look. Water and fire are completely unbearable(hopefully their evolutions look better), plant has potential though.

SICK0_ZER0:
The starters get worse every generation, it's not 'nostalgia goggles' or whatever, the original 3 really are the best.

I thought those of the fourth generation were pretty good, those from the second too. In fact, I think the only ones which are truly terrible to look at are those of the third generation and those we see here. In my eyes it's like this:

First generation - best
Fourth generation - second
Second generation - third
Third and what we see here - tied in horribleness

That's just ranking the starters, mind you.

Dyp100:

Hurr Durr Derp:

Dyp100:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:

This needs a bloody scorched earth solution, it's the only way to kill these things.

My guess is that the Grass Type will learn Horn Attack at some point, probably starting with Scratch. I like the Fire starter, he looks like he'll evolve into something cool. Water looks a bit like Azumarill with the ears.

Good lord, the only one I can even remotely handle is the grass one.

I've seen real colour pictures of them, not sure if they are legit or not, but they look so. Honestly, the weakest starter generation(going by the picture I saw, which may or may not be legit)

Well now we're going to have everone talking about the unconfirmed pictures. There are way too many fake pokemon that people claim are real, especially when new games are coming out. This happened with Zoroark, too, so I'm holding off on judgement until the actual pictures come out.

Daystar Clarion:

Dyp100:

Hurr Durr Derp:

Dyp100:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:

This needs a bloody scorched earth solution, it's the only way to kill these things.

Japan might be scarred in the process, but at least I have SoulSilver to distract me from these abomantioins.

Sworm:

Hurr Durr Derp:

Dyp100:

KILL IT WITH FIRE. D:

GOD ALMIGHTY! IT CAN'T BE UNSEEN! IT CAN'T BE UNSEEN!

What twisted sick man spawned these abominations? I can't even decide which one of them is the least freaky/ugly!

I mean seriously... a water-pig, a fire-koala-like-thing and a grass-... what the hell is that thing anyway?

It's all ok, i'm calling in an orbital bombardment to wipe out all evidence of these things existing, they can start again in a few thousand years once the atomsphere isn't toxic to humans.

Then again, I suppose they will look better after they evolve. I hope they do anyway, I wouldn't want to have to look at a screen with one of those on it too long.

Wow, the red panda (fire type) could have been really cool but it looks ridiculous.

I hope that image is fake, this far into the franchise they have to make a vague attempt to redeem themselves.

Collin Henderson:

Dark/Psychic/Fighting would retain the triangle aspect. But I don't think anyone really expects them to change anything as significant as that. Considering that the Colosseum games didn't do so well, and the success of the G/S remakes, they're unlikely to fix what ain't broke, even if it does mean making the same game for the nth time.

I am vaguely interested in what they're going to do with the Team Evil this time around, or the legendaries. They've gone from taking over the world to destroying the universe, and people are fighting each other with the Creator. Is it even possible to escalate things any further?

Am I the only one who actually likes the look of these Pokemon?

Sworm:

Baby Godzilla lizard thing?

Show of hands. Who thinks this generation will kill the franchise? *raises hand*

A leaf/dinosaur/bird hybrid
A racoon with stubbed limbs (not too bad to be fair)
And a swimming pig/rabbit hybrid

...seriously? What happened to pokemon being being inspired from one animal/object? (or humanish)

There's ALOT of animal species they haven't used that they could use, instead of coming up with these drug induced abominations.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.