Fable III Dev Diary Features Monty Python's John Cleese

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fable III Dev Diary Features Monty Python's John Cleese

What's better than a look at what Lionhead Studios is doing with Fable III? A Cleese-tastic look at what Lionhead is doing with Fable III, that's what.

I have to admit, there's something appealing about Fable III in this video. Maybe it's just Peter Molyneux's trademark brand of infectious enthusiasm (with only a dash of being totally crazy), but he does make something as boring-sounding as the game's GUI sound genuinely interesting.

Of course, it doesn't hurt that the video also stars Monty Python's John Cleese, either. For those of you who aren't in the know already, Fable III features the snarky British humorist as your character's butler, the NPC with perhaps the most dialogue in the game.

Seeing as all of that dialogue will be spoken by the silken chords of John Cleese, I'm okay with that, personally. The more Cleese, the better.

(G4TV)

Damn you Monlyneux! Damn you! I'm getting sucked into the Molyneux hype vortex! I hope this game doesn't disappoint me...

It has Cleese in it so I'm going to buy it... Plus I've always wanted to be King!

As much as I hate myself for thinking this. This game looks REALLY good.

I hate you Molyneux!

I'd rather have John Cleese writing the dialogue then speaking it.
As nice as his voice is, if the writings crap, it's just going to waste.

Flying Dagger:
I'd rather have John Cleese writing the dialogue then speaking it.
As nice as his voice is, if the writings crap, it's just going to waste.

But peter molineux says its gonna be good.... what could possibly go wrong?

John Funk:

I have to admit, there's something appealing about Fable III in this video. Maybe it's just Peter Molyneux's trademark brand of infectious enthusiasm (with only a dash of being totally crazy), but he does make something as boring-sounding as the game's GUI sound genuinely interesting.

I won't get infected by Peter; no, no, NOOO! Damn you Molyeux and your infectious over enthuaism!

AAAAAAH! nooo hes messing with my head again. molyneux get out.... shit to late

now i am actually considering it...

Doug:

I won't get infected by Peter; no, no, NOOO! Damn you Molyeux and your infectious over enthuaism!

It is. And I think I'm falling for it.

Honestly though, I think the decision to make the game less of an RPG is probably a good move. It was always fairly light on the RPG elements from the first game in the series.

Nice video, interesting promises there...The one issue I had with it...saying an Acronym (in this case GUI) as if it were an actual word. Odd thing to comment about I know but its a pet peeve of mine, along with the PC = Windows OS bullshit.

As much as I'm wary of Molyneux's hype, his enthusiasm certainly is infectious. John Cleese is always a good thing too. I would have actually considered buying this game if it was coming out on PC.

I'm salivating already. I always wanted to be the tyrannical king of Albion!

latenightapplepie:

Doug:

It is. And I think I'm falling for it.

Honestly though, I think the decision to make the game less of an RPG is probably a good move. It was always fairly light on the RPG elements from the first game in the series.

The sad thing is... so am I - how the hell does he do this every time? We know its not going to live up to being the 'best game EVAR' and yet he somehow manages to convince me it will be...that said, I do actually like the Fable series, and would probably buy Fable 3 regardless, but its the scary principle of the thing - imagine if Microsoft or Activison managed to work out how to replicate it?!

Even if the game isn't much good, you can be garunteed that the writing will be beyond spectacular.

Dr. Danger:
I'm salivating already. I always wanted to be the tyrannical king of Albion!

True - though I'll probably be the kindly king... unless the pleasants are too annoying and smelly.

Daystar Clarion:
[/b] I'm getting sucked into the Molyneux hype vortex!

Sounds like some astronomical landmark, think Star Trek TOS: "I'm givin' it all she's got cap'n, but I canna' pull her out of the Molyneux-Hype Vortex!" :P and it would probably be as huge and dangerous as the phenomenon you're describing ...
I myself never managed to get stuck in the Fable series so far, but this is actually making me think about buying a Fable 1-3 collection or suchlike, when it inevitably comes out. :P Curse your contagious enthusiasm, Molyneux!

is it just me or he loves his buttles as much as he loves the dog??...

another gimmick to talk about and focus? (while ignoring the whole of the other games)

good thing its not that bad of a game

John Cleese involvement has pretty much already sold this game for me anyway. His dialogue will make up for any bad gameplay!

I honestly can't wait for this game, bollocks to the haters! Fable II was the second best game I've played on the 360 (after Bioshock) and I am very, very excited for this. Especially since you can import your Fable II character into the game to play your father/mother.

Daystar Clarion:
Damn you Monlyneux! Damn you! I'm getting sucked into the Molyneux hype vortex! I hope this game doesn't disappoint me...

After Fable II I swore to myself I would completely and utterly avoid the hype for this one...and in a 5 minute video, he has broken this.
If this game disappoints me, I will petrol bomb Lionhead studios.

Well the postive reaction being generated is doubtlessly why they hired John Cleese to do the game and the advertisements and such for it. Basically it's working.

The ironic thing will be if you find that the majority of the development budget went to hiring him, and as great as his bit is, the rest is pretty much what you disliked about Fable (except maybe worse).... assuming of course you disliked Fable and badmouthed it.

This is a celebrity endorsement just like any other.

I am going to be honest here.

If Fable 3 allows me to keep a Harem of at least 10+ women in it, the game would be in my hands faster than my mind could react.

It's Peter Molyneux. If you get hyped, you will be disappointed.

Peter, I avoided your hype attempts twice. YOU WILL NEVER GET ME!

That being said, I loved the first 2 Fable games, because I didn't listen to the hype.

HEED MY WORDS ESCAPISTS! DO NOT LISTEN!

Ekonk:
It's Peter Molyneux. If you get hyped, you will be disappointed.

He fooled everyone twice. Lets hope they don't get fooled a third time. If they do, its their own damn fault.

i don't think you'll be able to make your Utopy...

I'm trying my hardest to be cautiously optimistic but honestly...
When this game gets seemingly better and better with every dev diary...

Damn you Molyneux...

Also, anyone else notice the parallels?

About having to make promises to the people, and you maybe not fulfilling them...
Sure he said its like World Leaders, but can't help but think its also a bit like Moleneux himself...

Little thought I had, felt like sharing.

Apparently John Cleese is an utter dick.

Devour:
Apparently John Cleese is an utter dick.

Really?

Anyway I take it I wasn't the only one to skip to the parts with John Cleese in it?

Molyneux is really good at building hype.

I know the Molneux has let us down .. I can still get angry over the disapointment I suffered after 3 hours of Spore ( god damn that made me angry)

But still.. So what if it isen't the greatest game EVAR .. maybe its just allright.. or maybe.. its just you know, fun.

I know I had a few days of fun with Fable 2 (before I traded it in XD).

There was a game mentioned in that video? Darn I guess I missed it being mentioned while I was so busy watching the legend that is John Cleese xD

No thanks Molyneux, not for me.

I was actually counting down the days to Fable 2 for two months beforehand. Never been more disappointed. I guess it's kinda put me off.

Dr Ampersand:
Really?

Anyway I take it I wasn't the only one to skip to the parts with John Cleese in it?

My old physics teacher did a few Monty Python's Flying Circus sketches (the Zulu one is one), and he informed me that even when he was a teen (he's in his fifties, now) John Cleese was a snarky old man and a bit of a Prima Donna..

I don't care what he says, this is a rental. I learned my lesson with Fable 2.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.