Modern Warfare 2 Makes a Resurgence With Five New Maps

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Modern Warfare 2 Makes a Resurgence With Five New Maps

Ready to spend fifteen more dollars for five more Modern Warfare 2 maps?

The second map pack for Modern Warfare 2 is now called the Resurgence pack and is scheduled to release on Xbox Live on June 3. Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling recently revealed details of the Resurgence pack's maps on the Major Nelson podcast. As he said, Activision wants to keep the maps "coming in hot."

The format remains the same as the Stimulus map pack: two remakes of maps from Modern Warfare and three new maps. The remade maps are going to be "Vacant," the Russian office complex, and "Strike," an urban town. Both will be updated with new visuals, atmosphere, and details.

The coolest sounding new map will be "Carnival," a desolate amusement park. It'll include a roller coaster, a funhouse, and a castle. Bowling says it's going to be pretty fun when players are taking fire "from a giant clown mouth." A second is called "Trailer Park," a maze-like map with tight corridors. And what trailer park would be complete without a pool and BBQ area? The third and final map is "Fuel," another wide-open sniper haven located at an oil refinery and warehouse.

Again, the Resurgence pack will only be released on Xbox Live on June 3. Other platforms will have to wait, as they did for the Stimulus pack. Resurgence will be priced at $15 (1200 Microsoft Points), also the same as it was for the Stimulus pack. Though Modern Warfare 2 already has a nice selection of maps, it wouldn't be surprising if a third map pack pops up before the end of summer as well.

....Ew. Again?

Maybe they could announce a $10 pack, with 4 new maps...or something like that. Hell, that's what Treyarch did. 3 new versus maps with each pack, and 1 new zombie map with each pack. Replace the zombie maps with a few spec op missions and BAM, there you go.

Ah. I sold my game to Amazon for $30 last weekend anyway. Not too shabby, considering I bought it for $40 from Amazon during the Christmas sale.

It'll be funny to see all the cries that its still overpriced, yet most of the haters will just end up buying it instantly. Like with the first map pack...

I won't buy it though. I've moved on from Modern Warfare 2. A man can take only so many kids crying about getting their nukes...

Loving the name....

Aside from that awful pun, this is nothing new. Just another kick at the cash cow.

I don't care when a developer brings new maps, but it pisses me off when they deliberately leave out maps they had in the last game just so they can bring them out again and re-charge people for them.

I am glad I don't play MW2 to be honest, I also wish Epic hadn't done it with Gears of War 2, and Bungie with Halo 3.

*groan* Again? Seriously, I haven't raged enough over the Stimulus. Alas, the large quantity of battery fanbois Activision has cultivated means this will break more records.

$15 for a pack of five maps is ridiculous. But yes, I'm still going to pony up to keep up with all the other cool kids on MW2 *sigh*

Ok guys, this is ridiculous. Taxes in, you're looking at a $100 dollar FPS. That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Imagine if they'd sold it that way boxed?!

The fact of the matter is that this game may have been well-designed, it may look good but it is just one shooter in a sea of shooters. The only thing that sets it apart is hype and Activision's amazingly effective tactics of squeezing customers dry. Hang up of these sonsofbitches and find something else to play!

Don't care, already destroyed sold both copies* of Modern Warfare 2.

*I needed a new xbox 360 and decided to spring for the MW2 edition one. Which I don't regret at all.

Crunchy English:
Ok guys, this is ridiculous. Taxes in, you're looking at a $100 dollar FPS. That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. Imagine if they'd sold it that way boxed?!

The fact of the matter is that this game may have been well-designed, it may look good but it is just one shooter in a sea of shooters. The only thing that sets it apart is hype and Activision's amazingly effective tactics of squeezing customers dry. Hang up of these sonsofbitches and find something else to play!

Perhaps you understand that map packs aren't needed to play? Thus, how does this raise the base price of the game to $100? If you count DLC as part of the base price...that's just...not right. Unless they FORCED IT into rotation for everyone, like they did in 4 and 5.

skcseth:
$15 for a pack of five maps is ridiculous. But yes, I'm still going to pony up to keep up with all the other cool kids on MW2 *sigh*

Why? Why do you feel the need to buy something that is this overpriced?

OT: As I said in another thread, I got 26 TF2 maps this morning for free, and there is no way in hell I'd pay the price of an indy game for maps.

I really hope other people don't buy it either, otherwise we'll see a massive shortage on map makers/mods in the time to come, and that is seriously going to hurt gaming.

what I dont get:

why the people that dont like this post that they dont like it.

thought: if you dont like something, why post?

OT: I never played Strike, but beyond that I cant wait to see what the three new ones look like.

They don't learn, do they.

I'll be buying that.....yes I'm a slave for MW2.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA[/B]

They are now trying to do the same SHIT again, most of you haters buy the Mappack either way and fail hard. You know what's more laughing stock? You falling [b]twice for the money-trap Activision has set-up. I am glad most of you are supporting this idiotic DLC policy.

You make the world a better place [ sarcasm. ]

Hardy fucking ha. Infinity Ward are just naive thinking that us mindless sheep will shell out another handful of cash for a few more maps.
Then again, I've always disliked CoD so I wouldn't think about buying them anyway.

Kalezian:

Because it will could eventually harm other games I like.

Sigh, another pointless thing I'll end up buying...

i think i will resist, as i did with the last map pack. i would love to see the good ol' cod4-maps with my fancy new weapons and perks, yes, but..30 bucks for 10 maps, half of them not even new?
i remember a time, there were those things called "patches" and in them there sometimes was content, for free! dig that, free stuff...it was considered good service by the developers to add killhouse and chinatown to cod4 just because. *sigh* well, those days are over for sure.

Nah, I like the original maps more and do not wish to get my ass handed to me trying to master the new ones. So, no buy for me. Neither this nor the Stimulation pack. Unless they decide to offer something more than just maps (new perks-guns-killstreaks), I won't be sucked into this. I love the game a bit too much to begin sucking at it again.

Gah, still no Backlot and Shipment. They ignore my favourite CoD4 maps. Although props to them for including Vacant.

Anyway, I don't care. I kicked my addiction and haven't played MW2 since January. That game can burn for all I care. I inagine many people will be complaining about the price, but it'll set a new sales record nonetheless...

Wow, they are really milking this cow.

I sold Modern Warfare 2 at a substantial loss, and I'm glad for it now. 5 maps for 15 bucks is a little annoying, especially with Microsoft's shitty points for cash service that is sold in inherent blocks that make sure you have points you can't spend on anything.

will1182:
Gah, still no Backlot and Shipment. They ignore my favourite CoD4 maps. Although props to them for including Vacant.

Anyway, I don't care. I kicked my addiction and haven't played MW2 since January. That game can burn for all I care. I inagine many people will be complaining about the price, but it'll set a new sales record nonetheless...

oh lord, shipment...with the ammount of abuse currently going on, can you even IMAGINE the wholesome massacre that would happen on that map?^^

Onyx Oblivion:
Maybe they could announce a $10 pack, with 4 new maps...or something like that. Hell, that's what Treyarch did. 3 new versus maps with each pack, and 1 new zombie map with each pack. Replace the zombie maps with a few spec op missions and BAM, there you go.

Ah. I sold my game to Amazon for $30 last weekend anyway. Not too shabby, considering I bought it for $40 from Amazon during the Christmas sale.

sounds good but i have a better idea just change the specact part to actually zombies i might actually go out and buy the full game this time instead of 50% off(got more trading it in than i bought it for ftw)

Ready to spend fifteen more dollars for five more Modern Warfare 2 maps?

*bends over*

Kathinka:

will1182:

oh lord, shipment...with the ammount of abuse currently going on, can you even IMAGINE the wholesome massacre that would happen on that map?^^

Oh my god, you're right...that'd never work with MW2 in it's current broken state.

Could you imagine getting an AC130 or something on Shipment? Ugh, it's not pretty to think about.

It is really the fact that they did it again that amazes me, but the fact that so many people complained and they announced it so early after the first. The stimulus one wasn't even released two weeks ago on PC.

And why does the 360 get everything first? Not that I really give a shit about this game or the 360, but it doesn't seem fair (and yes I know life isn't fair). I could understand why consoles got the map packs earlier than PC for CoD5, but since PC players have to pay for it now too, it doesn't make any sense. Oh well...

I don't play, but out of curosity how many maps were in the original game? The way I figure it, there's going to be a third map-pack come say Aug/Sept...so that 15 maps for $45...so are people going to be getting more or less maps than were in the box for MW2? I figure there should have been a good sight less than 15 maps in the original box to justify this...

Oh and as an aside, I played the co-op missions with my mate and loved the co-ops that put one of ye on a plane or helicopter covering the ground assault...why no more of these???

Haven't bought the Stimulus package and never will. Funnily enough I won't buy this one.

Ever feel they are trying to squeeze what they can from us gamers for little product..

Kalezian:
what I dont get:

why the people that dont like this post that they dont like it.

OT: I never played Strike, but beyond that I cant wait to see what the three new ones look like.

For that matter why post if you do like it? Do I really care who will buy these maps? Its called using a forum.

will1182:

Kathinka:

will1182:

Oh my god, you're right...that'd never work with MW2 in it's current broken state.

Could you imagine getting an AC130 or something on Shipment? Ugh, it's not pretty to think about.

i think one would not even need that...the typical laming mw2-kiddy wold probably solve it like that:

- equip hardliner
- tube your way to a predator
- switch to danger close via oma (or start with it right away, so you can easyer tube people..have to tube one more though..)
- let loose predator and harrier you subsequently get for sure
- enjoy nuke, win game
- cry yourself to sleep allone, for you know you will not accomplish anything in your life and die a virgin

i really dont know why, but I keep buying these JUST to play the old maps again, but then I think to msyelf, what's stopping me from playing CoD4, better weapons? more balance? *sigh*

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here