Trump Hotels Charging Megabucks For Wii Personal Training

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Trump Hotels Charging Megabucks For Wii Personal Training

At Trump hotels, a Benjamin can get you a solid hour of some guy showing off the Nintendo Wii.

Current late-night talk show host and co-creator of the Man Show Jimmy Kimmel was surprised by a discovery he made while staying a an unnamed Trump hotel. The hotel was offering a really great, terrible deal of $90 for a so-called "personal trainer" to teach the oblivious or super-rich how to get fit while playing the Nintendo Wii.

Kimmel tweeted a snapshot of proof, saying: "Trump Hotel offers PERSONAL TRAINERS to do WiiFit w/ your kids. I miss PacMan. And sanity." $90 gets customers a 55 minute session of "Virtual reality/real results" where a personal trainer shows "you and your family how to get the most out of your gaming experience."

While Kimmel mentions Wii Fit, the exercise session is called the "Wii Sports Package," so Wii Fit might not even be involved at all. A random dude could just come up to your suite and play Wii Sports tennis against you for 55 minutes, and leave saying "Sucker!" under his breath as he fans himself with his earnings. Assuming a 40 hour workweek, one Wii trainer alone could be pulling in around $14,000 a month just by showing customers how to move their arms in front of a television.

Hotels are known for offering really expensive everything, sometimes charging by the Skittle, but this "personal training" offer is bordering on insane. I get that some people can throw around $90 like it's a can of beans, but those people should at least be smart enough to go buy a Wii for this kind of money. Or, I don't know, just go to a gym?

Via: Tanooki via Kotaku

Are you freaking kidding me? Isnt 90 dollars a good portion of what a wii console costs? Doesnt the wii fit tell you how to work out with on screen instructions? Why are people so stupid sometimes? Argh my head hurts

If theres a market for it...

DividedUnity:
Are you freaking kidding me? Isnt 90 dollars a good portion of what a wii console costs? Doesnt the wii fit tell you how to work out with on screen instructions? Why are people so stupid sometimes? Argh my head hurts

I am baffled too, sir.
That's just...mind-boggling!

Don't most hotels come with a free gym to use while you stay?

....Rich people are stupid...

Really stupid...

why didn't i think of this... i could make millions!! muhuwahaha

Are you fucking kidding me?

Are people so goddamn stupid as to not knowing that the wii can just tell you all you need to know?

There's one born every minute...

You know that employee doesnt make anything more then 15 an hour.

Well, good for them.
If there are people dumb enough to require "personal Wii training", they might as well pay up for it.

Right, for 100 bucks I could get a Wii in black. Seriously, people are being deluded by this kind of non-sense. Every console and especially the Wii as instructions how to utilize the device.

This is truly pathetic.

VitusPrime:
If theres a market for it...

That's the depressing part... What if there IS, in fact, a market for this?

" I get that some people can throw around $90 like it's a can of beans..."

And I need to be hanging out with those people. :)

This is pretty damn awesome. I wish I had a hotel and had thought of it first.

I don't know whether to say how stupid this is, or congratulate Trump for having the gonads to do such a thing. Next thing you know, he'll be charging for air in a can, like in Space Balls.

I wonder, is the market big enough to do this, I mean, JUST this? Teach people how to play games? That would be an interesting job...except trying to teach the people who would rather pay $ to learn what would only take a minimal amount of effort to learn.

Wow. Just...wow.

Bear in mind that to the people this service is intended for, $90 likely seems like a nickel to a regular person...

They're too rich to do their own workout. They pay other people to get tired for them.

Jandau:
Bear in mind that to the people this service is intended for, $90 likely seems like a nickel to a regular person...

Even so... Ughhh... They're retarded if they ask some sort of trainer for the Wii! I mean, the management can just instruct them to always wear that strap guard all the time, then they are on their own to explore, and that is the beauty of gaming; You explore it...

I'm lost... Still, I deem the person utilizing this kind of service a retard. :E

If people need a coach to tell them how to play Wii Fit, than they deserve to lose 90 dollars.
In a way, they are helping humanity by pushing idiots into poverty.

Ad thing is I bet some idiots will pay for it too...

Well, Wildly rich people with Insane amounts of disposable income...

I can't say that I didn't expect something like this to happen eventually...

*Opens mouth as if to say something, then just closes it and shakes it sadly*

Holy crap this is almost as good as telling people that their money is cursed so they give it to you.

Damn, I could have been making 90 bucks/ hour if I thought of this first!

Hahahah.

Now, if Trump's hotels offered professional MMORPG players with high level characters and epic gear who would join your raid/PUG when someone important left and help you finish the dungeon, THAT would be impressive.

About the only situation I could think of where you would actually be willing to pay someone to play games with you.

Somewhere P.T. Barnum is smiling.

Seriously, world? Seriously?

CoverYourHead:

yeah that's what I thought too

I wonder if they are hiring? Playing video games with rich snotty brats would suck though.

SimuLord:

Barnum's probably cursing himself he didn't think of it first.

But "Benjamin"? I'm assuming that's a founding father, but there's not a 90 dollar note is there?

CoverYourHead:

Depends what kind of hotel. >_>

On topic, that's just insane. Anyone into their Wii that much?

The_root_of_all_evil:

SimuLord:

But "Benjamin"? I'm assuming that's a founding father, but there's not a 90 dollar note is there?

Benjamin Franklin is on America's $100 bill (made famous by "It's All About the Benjamins", a 1998 Puff Daddy song). Considering most states attach a sales tax to things like this, $90 plus tax is close enough to a hundred bucks.

SimuLord:

The_root_of_all_evil:

SimuLord:

Benjamin Franklin is on America's $100 bill (made famous by "It's All About the Benjamins", a 1998 Puff Daddy song). Considering most states attach a sales tax to things like this, $90 plus tax is close enough to a hundred bucks.

Ah, merci buckets.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or