Rumor: HD Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Coming In 2011

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Rumor: HD Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Coming In 2011

Rumor has it that Team Ico's last-generation masterpieces Ico and Shadow of the Colossus will be making their way to the HD life on Blu-Ray early next year.

If you were to ask one of the sixteen people on the planet who played 2001's Ico what they thought of it, chances are high that they'd tell you that the game - and its spiritual successor, 2006's Shadow of the Colossus - were goddamn masterpieces of the last generation. And you know what? They'd be absolutely right.

So even if the rumor that Fumito Ueda's last-generation gems would be given an HD upgrade and released on Blu-Ray as Team Ico Collection in Q1 2011 isn't true, I'm going to just sit here and cross my fingers that it is. I would buy this in half a heartbeat, people.

If true, it could signal Sony trying to take the same approach with Team Ico's upcoming The Last Guardian as it did with God of War III: Release the first two games in shiny modern(ish) glory to get fans pumped for the third.

I'm not going to complain. I'm really, really not.

And that was the sound of every SotC fanboy faint- *thud*

My brother owns both those games. If I knew where the hell they were and my PS2 weren't dead, I'd totally play them.

That would be so freaking Awesome.

What's next? An HD Okami?

Please.

Finally someone has a fucking excellent idea. If I don't go uni I might actually get a Ps3.

Well I missed the Ico and SotC boats, but I did watch my friend play SotC while at Uni and Hell YES I would buy the shiny versions to get a chance to appreciate these things!

If they do upgrade it to HD, my first hope is that they fix the framerate of both games.

I'll certainly be buying them eventhough I have the original copies.

Proteus214:
And that was the sound of every SotC fanboy faint- *thud*

Oh, sorry, I should faint less.

I got both when they were released, but I could never get into Ico. However, SotC was a thing of beauty and the idea of playing it in HD gives me very happy thoughts.

I would love to see HD versions if this epic series! So worth investing!

I never got to finish Ico, I borrowed it from my mate and I went looking for it in stores (I had no credit card then) after he took it back. But alas, twas no-where to be seen.

I'd pick this up if only to see how it ended, but with HD Shadow of Colossus too I now no longer fear my Phat PS3 breaking and having to buy a non-backwards compatible Slim.

Hhhmmm...come to think of it...now they don't have to worry about backwards compatibility they can do this with almost any games and not just notice an upsurge in people buying the original version second hand...touché Sony...

FANTASTIC! I never got a chance to play Ico (it's mucho expensivo now), but SotC was orgasmic. Also looking forward to their new project :)

I really hope they do, I still have to play those two games!

If this is true, I just hope that they don't do what they did with God of War and release the first two after the third is already out. I would like to play Ico and Shadow of the Colossus before The Last Guardian comes out preferably.

Any news of an xbox 360 release? No? Then I'll get them both over summer and dust off the PS2.

I currently enjoy playing Ico with my girlfriend and SotC with my girlfriend's brother.
They're fantastic games which with the right amount of HD polish could be made extra-special-awesome-sexy.

SotC in HD with smoothed framerate a la GoW Collection? Slap my ass and call me a bitch, I would buy that in a fraction of a heartbeat!

Its a shame those two games didn't sell more copies.

But yeah, I'll buy them again. Taking down those massive beasts in Shadow of the Colossus is just nothing like you've ever experienced before.

I really hope that they do release them so that I can finally know what's all the fuss is about.

And it's comming out just neatly in time for when most people abandon HD for 3D-HD.
Hum..

Irridium:
Its a shame those two games didn't sell more copies.

But yeah, I'll buy them again. Taking down those massive beasts in Shadow of the Colossus is just nothing like you've ever experienced before.

I know Ico didn't sell well, but SotC got Greatest Hits status in North America. That's pretty impressive for the kind of game it is. And that picture pretty much explains SotC.

Do we get cake for been one of the sixteen?

I would buy that. Mostly for SotC, because that interests me more than Ico does, but who knows? Maybe Ico will surprise me.

I would definetly buy Shadow of the Colossus again, I have no idea where my copy is right now. All I ever played of Ico was the demo version in a Wal-Mart and I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing so I would welcome a chance to finally play it properly.

An upgraded re-release of Ico and SotC would be enough to make this Xbox 360 fanboy buy a PS3, even though they'd probably be the only games I'd ever get for it. No shit.

Please for the love of Iesha, let this be true!

I wonder how much this will decrease the value of the original Ico...

OT: This'll be good, I never got to play Ico, it was too expensive and hard to find.

Anybody know how well the GOW collection sold? IT may help debunk this rumor I mean.... If gow sold really really well I have no doubt they would do this

J03bot:
Any news of an xbox 360 release? No? Then I'll get them both over summer and dust off the PS2.

No 360, I believe Team ICO is owned by Sony.

This rereleasing business is getting out of hand. I must admit that I really did like Ico. Bring it on then, Let's just hope it isn't a failed hypegasm

Never played either of these games. (Don't yell at me!)
I'll pick these up, I hope Square-Enix does something similar with the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts games on the PS2, then I wouldn't need to worry when my PS2 kicks the bucket.

PayJ567:
Finally someone has a fucking excellent idea. If I don't go uni I might actually get a Ps3.

Or go to uni and use your loan to get a PS3. That'd be the smart thing to do.

I'd absolutely love to play SotC if they fixed the camera and framerate.

The game is fantastic but I think it should of been released on the Ps3, it chugs quite a bit on Ps2.

If they did re-relase SotC, it would be cool if they added a few Collossi to the game. Every one I killed I died a little insie cos I knew it was an experience I would never replicate, since any time I repeated it it would be just that - a repeat.

Some new Collossi in the rerelease and I would chainsaw my way through crowds to get to it.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here