Go To Zombie School, Get On AMC's The Walking Dead

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Go To Zombie School, Get On AMC's The Walking Dead

AMC needs a few good zombies for the Walking Dead television series.

The first two episodes for AMC's television adaptation of Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic book are going to be filmed this summer in Atlanta, and AMC needs zombies. Think you've got what it takes to slowly decay while eating human flesh? Now's your shot.

On Location Vacations caught the call for Walking Dead zombie extras, which will be needed in the Fairlie-Poplar District of Atlanta over at least two definite weekends: June 11-13 and July 2-4. If you're interested and have an open schedule until September, email your information to [email protected] and make your big break.

But wait, it's not that easy. All extras must be trained in "zombie school," which apparently takes quite some time to complete. Classes include "How To Speak Without Vowels" and "Shambling 101."

I can think of nothing I would rather be educated in than the ways of a zombie, can you? Being an extra in film and television can generally be pretty boring, but being a zombie extra? That's nothing less than awesome.

Source: OnLocationVacations via io9

I'll only apply if the school is taught by that girl from Shaun of the Dead; the girl who teaches the gang how to walk and sound like a zombie.

Haha, I would love to see the look on a job reviewer's face when they see: 'Zombie School' under education.

Uh... I'm freaking in. I love the Walking Dead and I live in Tennessee and can easily make it to Atlanta. This is the best thing ever.

The truly great thing ( if you haven't read any of the comics ) is that it's more like a soap, its a tale of human drama and the fight against adversity, which happens to be going on in a world overrun with zombies.

The zombie element, at least I thought, wasn't the focus of the story, just one of the threats people had to face in this new world.

So, I'd say a genuinely interesting show could be made, and maybe even gain 'non zombie fan' viewers. There no reason this shouldn't run and run, if written well.

Walking Dead rocks, wish i was in America

Damn, I'm in New York. No way to make it there.

Ah well, I prefer NYC over Atlanta.

Verex:
Haha, I would love to see the look on a job reviewer's face when they see: 'Zombie School' under education.

So I see here you speak English, Spanish, and... zom--

I am fully fluent in all major forms of zombie dialect, including voodoo, evil space probe, and Trioxin.

...I see--

Seeeend mooore paramediiics...

What's up with everything being in Atlanta these days? NYC, LA, and Chicago not cutting the mustard anymore?

Zombie school? Please.

I've had plenty of teachers.

They're names are Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, World at War, and countless other games.
Ask what zombie you want, and I'll deliver.

Granted I need to find a way to get from Vermont to Atlanta...

Walking dead is awesome, i read the entire comic within a week after i saw the article here talking about the upcoming series.
I would give an arm to being able to participate in this, and that would probably increase my opportunities to get the gig.
Anybody has a chainsaw i can borrow?

I'd love to do it, but my mother would never forgive me for going into a dead end career.

Shit I need to finish that series, I stopped keeping up after they left the prison. Hmmm...I only live 2 hours away... Worth it?

People will turn anything into a gimmick.

I find it odd that they have a special school to teach people how to "act like a zombie".

I'm not sure if it's more disturbing that there are enough zombie movies being made due to the current fad factors where there is apparently a demand for this, or if there are people who will probably pay as much money for this as for actual acting classes, of which this should be a tiny part stemming from other things.

It sounds fun and all, don't get me wrong, I just... really don't like that it's come to that.

Pack your bags everybody, Were going to Atlanta!

...Anybody wana go sliptsee's on around... 2000 Plane tickets?

WanderFreak:

Verex:

So I see here you speak English, Spanish, and... zom--

I am fully fluent in all major forms of zombie dialect, including voodoo, evil space probe, and Trioxin.

...I see--

Seennnd Mooore Coooppsss....

Yeeeaaaaaaahh.... Like there's a special fucking degree for mumbling and shambling.

I could play a zombie in my sleep for crying out loud. L4D, Half-Life, Doom, Zombie Panic!, Killing Floor.. Not to mention all the zombie movies I've seen.. That's all the training I need.

...I hope the assholes who made up "Zombie School" get fucking ate..

If only I had a car, I live in North Florida.

Uggghhh!! If only I lived in/ around Atlanta!!!

im in washington... so im like.... the complete opposite of atlanta. im both too far north, and too far to the west. however, i do like roadtrips.

AkJay:
I'll only apply if the school is taught by that girl from Shaun of the Dead; the girl who teaches the gang how to walk and sound like a zombie.

Honestly thats the first thing that hit me. It'd be funny if she actually appeared.

If only I lived around there. I'd rather be a survivor :p

WanderFreak:

I have you see good taste in movies sir.

Oh it's very tempting to give it a shot but I'm not sure if I'm up to it.

Brains.... Brains....
Brian... I want Brian...
Its "Brains" you idiot!
Oh sorry, I messed up my line.
Moaning... moaning...

If I lived in the area would totally apply for it. Hehe, been a zombie could be fun!

I read the comic. first book, anyway.

THAT is a good comic.

Man, why do I have to be so far away! I'm not even in the same country.

If I wasn't 10,000km away, I would apply,
Doe's anyone want to pay for my ticket :)

This is why i need to develop superpowers.

Being in England sucks sometimes :(

Heh, I wish I could have taken that at college.

i'd do it, but i'm afraid i'd be biting off more than I could chew.

Now that would be a fun school to go to, but sadly I live no where near Atlanta (or the US for that matter) But I am looking for to this TV show, I read the first 7books in the story and it is really good so we all have high hopes for this

Don't let us down!

-M

Well, if it wasen't for the Atlantic ocean, I'd be in.

Low Key:
What's up with everything being in Atlanta these days? NYC, LA, and Chicago not cutting the mustard anymore?

The story starts in Atlanta. I really hope this show is good. The comic is what got me back into reading comics. And IMO made zombies cool again.

Aaauuu dammit! I mean, I'm glad they're sticking to the original area the story is set in, but I'm still sad. Promise you'll let us know if something like this ever happens near Boston. :/
Which, all things considered, is somewhat possible these days as MA finally reduced all the taxes and stuff associated with filming, so more stuff is going to be shot here (Such as 'Knowing', which I'm not sure that I liked, but it was fun seeing the local area).

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here