New Kingdom Hearts Coming to E3

Pages 1 2 NEXT

New Kingdom Hearts Coming to E3

There will be two Kingdom Hearts titles announced this year, and one of them will be making its debut appearance at next week's E3 - but neither of them will be Kingdom Hearts III.

In the latest issue of Game Informer, there's an interview with Square-Enix's High Summoner of Strange Fashion, Tetsuya Nomura, about the upcoming Western release of his Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep for the PSP. While Birth By Sleep is the main crux of the piece, Nomura also elaborated on his upcoming projects, like the long-dormant Final Fantasy Versus XIII (which may or may not be at E3) and the future of the Kingdom Hearts series.

Regarding the existence of Kingdom Hearts III, Nomura denied ever confirming to Ultimania that the title was in development. However, not all is lost, Kingdom Hearts fans: According to Nomura, there are two new Kingdom Hearts games "other than III" that will be revealed this year.

Nomura confirmed to GI that one of the new titles would be announced at next week's E3. It's possible that the new reveal will be Kingdom Hearts: Recoded, which was accidentally "announced" by actor Phil Snyder, set to voice Jiminy Cricket. However, given that Recoded is probably, by the sounds of it, a remake of Japan-only mobile game Kingdom Hearts: Coded ... that wouldn't be a very exciting E3 announcement, would it?

Nomura said the project that would be making its debut at E3 was born out of a desire to "do something for the North American fans," which means that announcing a remake of a cell phone game would be hugely underwhelming.

As for Versus XIII? Development is still proceeding smoothly "one step at a time," said Nomura, and that he "plans to showcase the title at a certain point."

Next week would be a pretty damn convenient certain point, Nomura-san. Just saying.

(Via The Examiner)

How can I describe my feelings? How can I a 16 year old boy describe his feelings without a fangirl squeal?

He can't.

*SSSQQUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Calumon: I don't speak dolphin.

Nomura is dead to me until I get my KH III confirmation.

GOD DAMMIT JUST GIVE US THREE OR I SWEAR TO GOD-

Alright, whew! Got it out of my system before I really said something bad. Day when 3 comes out is day I buy Ps3

I wouldn't be surprised if it was ReCoded, seeing as bringing a game that's been in Japan for a year and a half to North America could easily be described as "Doing something for North American fans"

BE THREEE! I want it so badly...

Deofuta:
GOD DAMMIT JUST GIVE US THREE OR I SWEAR TO GOD-

Alright, whew! Got it out of my system before I really said something bad. Day when 3 comes out is day I buy Ps3

The day Nomura gives us KH3 will be the day God decides it's time for judgement.

Seriously, as much as I love Kingdom Hearts, I can't put up with this forever. I've already forked out for a PSP, Nomura is just making me Sony's bitch now...

[email protected]:

Hahahah I hear you, man.

Why am I beginning to regret not getting a PS3 now?...

PLEASE be KH3! That's all we want, none of these spinoffs!

Not saying that they were all horrible, ( I personally didn't care for the chain of memories, since I can't stand anything that even remotely resembles a card battle game.) but come on.

There is nothing I can think of to say about this that doesn't involve excessive amounts of cursing.

I liked 1 and 2 and LOVED Chain of Memories, but holy shit Days was just boring boring BORING. If Birth By Sleep doesn't blow me away, I'm dropping this series.

As for Versus 13, I'd like him to take as long as he needs to. If the end result is an awesome Cold War FF with refined KH combat then by god I don't care how long I have to wait.

Or perhaps they should rename the title to Kingdom Hearts:You Bastard!

carlbarker:

[email protected]:

Hahahah I hear you, man.

Hahah I'm here with you too. I'm sick of hearing about a New KH and not having it be III. When three is announced i'll run around the streets naked

x -- A L P H A prime:

carlbarker:

[email protected]:

Hahahah I hear you, man.

Hahah I'm here with you too. I'm sick of hearing about a New KH and not having it be III. When three is announced i'll run around the streets naked

Dude, gimme a when and where! :D Oh...well, we don't need a when hahaha.

This may be my chance to try these games. I always thought these games looked cheesy and bad? Why is it a lot of people like these games? Just wondering so i can see if i can try them out.

Rodyle2:
I liked 1 and 2 and LOVED Chain of Memories, but holy shit Days was just boring boring BORING. If Birth By Sleep doesn't blow me away, I'm dropping this series.

As for Versus 13, I'd like him to take as long as he needs to. If the end result is an awesome Cold War FF with refined KH combat then by god I don't care how long I have to wait.

BBS will blow your mind, sir. I've played it already :)

Deofuta:
The day when KH3 comes out is day I buy a Ps3.

Same with me, but with all the spin offs I'm seeing, I doubt I'll have any idea what's going on anymore.

Chicago Ted:

Deofuta:

Same with me, but with all the spin offs I'm seeing, I doubt I'll have any idea what's going on anymore.

I haven't played Birth By Sleep (obviously), but you absolutely do not need Chain of Memories or Days to get what's going on. As long as you've played 1 and 2 then you're still good to go.

Ehra:

Chicago Ted:

Deofuta:

I haven't played Birth By Sleep (obviously), but you absolutely do not need Chain of Memories or Days to get what's going on. As long as you've played 1 and 2 then you're still good to go.

Ya but it leaves a lot of questions open if you don't. I remember constantly looking at Organization 13 the first time I played KH2 and wondering where the other half of the Organization was.

Kingdom Hearts 3 will be announced at the same time as Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Mark my words.

I really can't stand Disney, but Kingdom Hearts is delightful.

Something for the American fans...
Could it be?
It can't be...
I hope against reason.

Chicago Ted:

Ehra:

Chicago Ted:

Deofuta:

Ya but it leaves a lot of questions open if you don't. I remember constantly looking at Organization 13 the first time I played KH2 and wondering where the other half of the Organization was.

I think somewhere in Jiminy's Journal it just says that they're dead. If you haven't played Chain of Memories then you won't know exactly how they died, but hey close enough :)

I'm sure they'll make references to the spin-offs when KH3 finally comes out, but I would be surprised if you'll need to play them to understand it.

edit:

Zeromaeus:
Something for the American fans...
Could it be?
It can't be...
*snip*
I hope against reason.

That's exactly what I thought at first, but it seems like it's a little too late for them to expect a NA release of KH2:FM to sell well. Unless they release it on the Playstation Network or whatever it is the PS3 has.

JUST.
MAKE.
A.
DAMNED.
PS3.
GAME.

Oh, quit beating around the bush, man! Give us a proper sequel! None of this prequel/interquel nonsense! I wouldn't mind a release of Final Mix, though...

Jack and Calumon:
How can I describe my feelings? How can I a 16 year old boy describe his feelings without a fangirl squeal?

He can't.

*SSSQQUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE*

Calumon: I don't speak dolphin.

Dr. wonderful just squeal like a girl...and he do it again.

I love kingdom hearts the first game most of all but all these extra games tagging onto it are just making it too complicated and confusing for me as I tend to lose interest in the portable games, so when I went into KH2 having not completed the GBA game precedent to that one I was just like, WTF?

I really like Kingdom Hearts and I'm looking forward to Birth By Sleep, but with all of the spin-offs being made, it's starting to feel like Nomura is just trying to avoid III.

Also, Versus XIII had better be shown at E3. It's been way too long since I've heard anything about it.

Kh3 (or KH: the keyblade wars) is already out in japan isnt it? aparently, its a prequel starring sora's father.

Well, its a good series and nice to see them expanding on it. So cant wait to see what will happen with this...intresting news I hope!

Please just give us III already!! Sure I like the some off the spin-offs (CoM I didn't bother playing, just watched the cut scenes to pick up the story) and can't wait for Birth by Sleep but god dammit I need number three. It's just not the same when I'm not Sora with Donald and Goofy. And there better be more Riku in this one, was disappointed he wasn't in the last one more.

I don't know about the rest of you Escapisters, but I'd be very excited to finally get to play "Kingdom Hearts: Coded". I've been wanting to play that game since it was announced like three years ago.

Shame, I was expecting KH III to be honest. I'd punch my friend 'till he would let me play. Oh god, the already pictured memories I would obtain. But alas, no..I am a sad panda.

Looking forward to seeing whats confirmed at E3 then...wow I'm actually starting to get excited for E3 again.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here