New Indiana Jones Will Be an "Old Fashioned" Film

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

New Indiana Jones Will Be an "Old Fashioned" Film

The word on the street is that the fifth and presumably final Indiana Jones movie will be set in the Bermuda Triangle and will be filmed "the old-fashioned way," without all the crazy CGI effects.

According to Stuff.co.nz, a script for Indy 5 is in the works, Harrison Ford is ready to go and the whole thing is expected to begin shooting next year. "George [Lucas] and Steven [Spielberg] have been working on a script and it's almost there," a source told the site. "Harrison is on stand-by for filming next year. This looks like being an emotional and exciting conclusion to the franchise, with Indy facing his biggest challenge yet."

In a bit of good news/bad news for fans of the franchise who were left flat by Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, LaBeouf will be back but the over-the-top CGI silliness won't. "Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son," the source added, "but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie."

LaBeouf, as you may recall, took some heat for stinking up the joint as Indie's son Mutt Williams, but he also earned props (at least in my eyes) for manning up and taking responsibility for his part in the half-baked film. "I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished," he said last month. "You can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven [Spielberg]. But the actor's job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn't do it. So that's my fault."

Here's hoping that everyone else involved has learned their lesson too.

I personally think they shouldnt of even made Kingdom in the first place, the series was already placed nicely in to hall of movie legends with the origional trilogy.

Can we just leave old franchises alone? Seriously, why do need a new Indy? Is it THAT hard to come up with some new ideas?

wooty:
I personally think they shouldnt of even made Kingdom in the first place, the series was already placed nicely in to hall of movie legends with the origional trilogy.

really, only the first one. The other two were shit.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! leave indy alone! please!

LEAVE BRITNEY.... I mean... INDY ALONE!!!

Seriously. I say let it die... And by die, I mean let it age finely on and on in our hearts forever. We grew up loving this, why are they beating a dead horse in the vain attempt to make glue and hold the shattered facade of this classic together?

Wow, could they possibly redeem the fourth one?

They'd have to try pretty damn hard. Atleast the baby steps sound promising. Shia earned big plus points for admitting that. He has a lot of work to do.

I won't watch it. My childhood has been damaged enough already.

Being an odd numbered film and not using too much CGI might not be enough. They need Nazis to fight.

I still blame everyone involved with producing Indy 4. No one stopped to look at what they were doing and even bothered to question it.

Still, I'm feel cautiously glad at this announcement. Maybe they can do something challenging. Like, I don't know, character development between father and son. Then again, that would be like asking the dog to go fold the laundry.

Sweet!
I love me some Indiana Jones! All 4 films!
Sign me up for the 5th!

let me find it

You know........there is a far worse south park image I could have used

Baby Tea:
All 4 films!

Haha, good one.

Now, to my mind Crystal Skull wasn't that bad until the last 10-15 minutes, which successfully trashed most of the good feeling I had towards the film but not the series as a whole. Indy 5 will be welcome here - and no big dumb CGI means no big dumb spaceship splattered across the screen like a big metal turd.

Sad to see that the orange woman from the Transformers film's coming back... but meh. Hopefully he'll get it right this time.

Elesar:
Can we just leave old franchises alone? Seriously, why do need a new Indy? Is it THAT hard to come up with some new ideas?

I think it would be better to try one last time to make a good film, so they can end the whole series on a high. I sure as hell don't want to remember Indiana Jones the same way I'll remember Star wars, so if they're making a final film that goes back to the roots of the franchise, then I can't think of any better way to end the saga.

MorteSphere:

wooty:

*cough cough* thinly veiled opinion disguised as fact through boistrous confidence *cough cough*

MorteSphere:

How..Dare...You...

OP: Well...good? I suppose?

I mean, I really didn't like the latest one, but I figure if everyone has realised what was wrong with it, and they seem to have, then there's realistically no reason why the new one shouldn't be good. Granted, I haven't got particularly high hopes, but I'll keep an eye out.

Brotherofwill:

Baby Tea:
All 4 films!

Haha, good one.

I enjoyed Kingdom of The Crystal Coconu-

I mean, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It wasn't nearly as bad as folk made it out to be.

Why is this so hard to believe?

But Shia Le Beoff (sp?) is still going to be in it...

Brotherofwill:

Baby Tea:
All 4 films!

Haha, good one.

I believe he was being serious, good sir.

MorteSphere:

wooty:

Aw come on, the third one has some great action scenes and some snappy one liners... And Sean connery, and guys in Fezs

The Last Crusade was fucking awesome.

Brotherofwill:
Wow, could they possibly redeem the fourth one?

They'd have to try pretty damn hard. Atleast the baby steps sound promising. Shia earned big plus points for admitting that. He has a lot of work to do.

I won't watch it. My childhood has been damaged enough already.

It can't suck any more than the last one did. Either that or I'll watch it to see it sink that expectation. Either way I'd watch it.

i believe its time for the south parks vid of steven and lucas raping indy. i would but idk if ill get in trouble for it.

edit: aw sht ninjad

I always thought Harrison Ford's reluctance to revisit his career-making franchises was his effort to save us [rabid fans] from ourselves.

Turns out, he was just saving some easy money for his retirement.

Flying-Emu:
I mean, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It wasn't nearly as bad as folk made it out to be.

Because people either can't see past nostalgia, or never truly 'got' what Indiana Jones was about: A tribute to the campy, over-the-top 1920s adventure comics with the all-American rugged hero. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull fits perfectly into that mold. People love the Ark causing heads to explode, but decry the nuked fridge. People love the guy ripping out a man's heart (and the man still being alive) and voodoo dolls, but scream about inter-dimensional beings.

I'll admit that Indy 4 wasn't as good number 1 or 3, but I'd put it on par with number 2.
And I can't wait for number 5!

Let's just stay positive... I didn't think Indy 4 was TOO bad, but maybe the fifth one will be better. FINGERS CROSSED!

Pipotchi:

MorteSphere:

wooty:

Aw come on, the third one has some great action scenes and some snappy one liners... And Sean connery, and guys in Fezs

The second one was the worst until *gulp* the abomination *wince*. If they were going to make a sequel, than they should have done it back when Harrison Ford * heavenly choir* could STILL PLAY INDIE, not some washed up version of his former self. What is with this crap that George Lucas' franchisees have to go into hibernation for twenty years, emerging from the cryo-tube looking like Frankenstein's monster? Maybe he's afraid he'll end-up like Duke Nukem Forever: being so awesome that he'll cause some kind of quantum collapse that will erase him from history and the memory of the entire human race.

I have to agree with Baby Tea, for once.

As far as unrealistic things go, there's nothing special about the 4th movie compared to the original trilogy.

Aliens are still more probable then "working" voodoo dolls, ripping people's hearts out, and I'm not even going to mention a fuckload of working relics artifacts from multiple religions - there were all the Christian things, the obviously-not-Christian magic stones from Asia, and so on.

You really got no ground trying to criticize the new Indiana Jones over it's campiness, (lack of) realism, or even plot. Acting, maybe, but I don't remember it being that much worse then the original trilogy in that department.

Im glad to see they are going back to the roots, not trying to modernise it.

Question now if they can pull it off, as with all what is available these days

It doesn't matter how good it is, we've had 3 (4 or if you dare) movies now, NEW IDEA PLEASE!

Lucas you have had two good movie ideas and stretched them into 10 films.
Think of a new one, you can't be out of ideas after 2!

I dont' want a fifth movie. I'd rather it just end on a sour note, not drug through the muck.

will be filmed "the old-fashioned way," without all the crazy CGI effects.

praise jesus
thank you moses

I hate CGI overuse. I loved the way the 5th element was filmed, and wish more modern movies would go back to their roots. It is more work and takes longer, but the product is superior, and timeless. I can watch 20000 leagues under the sea in color from 1954 and it looks great, better than many new flashy CGI movies. As a lifelong PC user and gamer, the CGI just looks too fake. It's too easy for me to recognise and it spoils the atmosphere/immersion.

Flying-Emu:

Brotherofwill:

Baby Tea:
All 4 films!

Haha, good one.

I enjoyed Kingdom of The Crystal Coconu-

Nostalgia's a bitch.

Honestly, I liked it. It wasn't as good as the other 3 in my opinion, but I still liked it.

I'll probably go see this one to. Can't wait!

Baby Tea:

Flying-Emu:

Because people either can't see past nostalgia, or never truly 'got' what Indiana Jones was about: A tribute to the campy, over-the-top 1920s adventure comics with the all-American rugged hero. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull fits perfectly into that mold. People love the Ark causing heads to explode, but decry the nuked fridge. People love the guy ripping out a man's heart (and the man still being alive) and voodoo dolls, but scream about inter-dimensional beings.

I'll admit that Indy 4 wasn't as good number 1 or 3, but I'd put it on par with number 2.
And I can't wait for number 5!

Thank you so much. A lot of people angry about #4, I think, just assumed the others were supposed to be super-serious and realistic for their time. The entire point of Indina Jones is to resemble a campy B-movie. Look it up.

Verex:
But Shia Le Beoff (sp?) is still going to be in it...

I am still curious when Indy films became a father/son thing... Adding the son aspect again just makes me not want to watch it.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here