Mario Wins NASCAR

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Mario Wins NASCAR

A Super Mario Galaxy 2-themed car proved to be a good omen for NASCAR racer Joey Logano, who claimed victory yesterday in the NASCAR Meijer 300.

Early last week, we reported that Nintendo's iconic plumber would be adorning the No.20 car of driver Joey Logano in the upcoming Meijer 300 race on Saturday, June 12th. Well, those amongst you with a sharp mind (or a calendar) may have noticed that Saturday, June 12th was in fact yesterday.

And Mario won.

Joey Logano became the first NASCAR driver in history to win three races at the Kentucky Speedway in a row when he triumphed in the Meijer 300 yesterday, all the while bearing the image of the videogame superstar (and his trusty steed Yoshi) soaring through space on the hood of his car.

While Logano attributes his threepeat win to an excellent knowledge of the Kentucky Speedway track from countless hours of practice, you and I know better: NASCAR authorities are investigating reports that Joey Logano may have used Power Stars and Red Shells during the race to assure his victory.

(Nationwide NASCAR - thanks, Zetona!)

I'm-a Mario, number-a one!

John Funk:
Mario Wins NASCAR

A Super Mario Galaxy 2-themed car proved to be a good omen for NASCAR racer Joey Logano, who claimed victory yesterday in the NASCAR Meijer 300.<

Early last week, we reported that Nintendo's iconic plumber would be adorning the No.20 car of driver Joey Logano in the upcoming Meijer 300 race on Saturday, June 12th. Well, those amongst you with a sharp mind (or a calendar) may have noticed that Saturday, June 12th was in fact yesterday.

And Mario won.

Joey Logano became the first NASCAR driver in history to win three races at the Kentucky Speedway in a row when he triumphed in the Meijer 300 yesterday, all the while bearing the image of the videogame superstar (and his trusty steed Yoshi) soaring through space on the hood of his car.

While Logano attributes his threepeat win to an excellent knowledge of the Kentucky Speedway track from countless hours of practice, you and I know better: NASCAR authorities are investigating reports that Joey Logano may have used Power Stars and Red Shells during the race to assure his victory.

(Nationwide NASCAR - thanks, Zetona!)

O: THAT CHEATER!

Sounds like someone found a use for those turtle shells on the side of the road.

Well, there was a record number of crashes that night...

Anyway, it's cool that this happened, though I'm sure on the other hand, there wasn't too much of an "It's-a me!" feel with the race. In fact, the car design itself was kind of overlooked.

This is why we need more mario in NASCAR to make thing a little more entertaining.

That entire race, nobody got a blue shell to throw at him?

Lucky bastard...

Could see the Mario cart jokes coming from a mile away.

I missed it....
One of the few races that really catch my interest....and i missed it...

What was his finish time? Were the appropriate number of fireworks shot off?

You know someone is going to photoshop a picture of that race with a turtle shell and/or bananas now.

All we need now is a Diddy Kong car and a Sonic car.

Luke5515:
Could see the Mario cart jokes coming from a mile away.

I had no idea the Wii could render that distance!

Har har.

Wow, that driver must be really good at getting blue sparks!

Magnatek:

Fucking banana peels...

Nascar is the one where all the people drive a big circle right, and they still manage to crash? It's amazing that we can go around roundabouts everyday here in england.

Ok, i'm joking it's just i'm not quite sure what to do with the knowledge that mario won. I mean I want to make a bad pun, but everyone else has beaten me to it.

I bet he found some bananas somewhere along the way.

Woo hoo!

Shut up, it's relevent

Ah, NASCAR.

Cars. In circles. For hours.
What fun.

red shells and power stars? na, had to be gold mushrooms

We all know he used

John Funk:

While Logano attributes his threepeat win to an excellent knowledge of the Kentucky Speedway track ...

I thought all Nascar tracks are the same... round.

But then again, I, as are most other europeans, am pretty clueless about this Nascar thing.

Seriously now? Extensive knowledge..about a track that's basically a circle?

Either way, these mario kart jokes are hilarious as hell. Here's waiting for an edited picture.

Congrates Mario!

But the finish line is in another racetrack.

haha! couldn't resist.

Straying Bullet:

Hey! NASCAR takes strategy!

There's a map like that in Mario Kart!
Whoever nails the snaking wins, so quite obviously this Joey Logano is a master drifter.

Who's bloody lucky the computer WASN'T a cheating bastard

Magnatek:

Super smash bros brawl, amirite?

For the snarky "know the track" folks, yes it is easy to know the shape of the track. But it is highly pitched, and this varies.

Loop Stricken:
In circles. For hours.
What fun.

Your post and your name together make me giggle.

Misterian:
Congrates Mario!

But the finish line is in another racetrack.

haha! couldn't resist.

Aaaaah I see what you did there.

Ha, that's great.

Also [email protected] Mario Cart jokes.

Patrick_and_the_ricks:

you mean this?

Tiamat666:

John Funk:

While Logano attributes his threepeat win to an excellent knowledge of the Kentucky Speedway track ...

I thought all Nascar tracks are the same... round.

But then again, I, as are most other europeans, am pretty clueless about this Nascar thing.

Straying Bullet:

Either way, these mario kart jokes are hilarious as hell. Here's waiting for an edited picture.

I'm not a nascar guy, but it's not hard to imagine that at the pro level of skill/speed, ANYTHING makes a difference. The precise length of the track, the angles on the turns, where the pit crews are located, even something like the paving could make a difference.

But that's just a guess. Honestly I have no idea.

You're more spot on than those saying it's just driving in a circle, Funk. Can any one of us drive 200+ mph, or 328 kmh+ for the metric people, at long periods of time like these drivers? I don't think so.

Anyways, hurrah to Mario showing those bland name sponsors how to win a race!

ForgottenPr0digy:

Patrick_and_the_ricks:

you mean this?

Why does sonic need a car!

sunpop:

ForgottenPr0digy:

Patrick_and_the_ricks:

you mean this?

Why does sonic need a car!

It is actually explained, and that reason is...

Demon ID:
Nascar is the one where all the people drive a big circle right, and they still manage to crash? It's amazing that we can go around roundabouts everyday here in england.

Ok, i'm joking it's just i'm not quite sure what to do with the knowledge that mario won. I mean I want to make a bad pun, but everyone else has beaten me to it.

No you silly Englishmen... they are driving in a big circle turning left for hours, that is totally different.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here