The Escapist's E3 Week: Monday Preview

The Escapist's E3 Week: Monday Preview

Just watching Crysis 2 coverage might melt your video card.
Just watching Crysis 2 coverage might melt your video card.

It's E3 week, and The Escapist is bringing you all of the juicy stories hot from the show floor! On the plate today: The Microsoft press conference gets liveblogged and we just might see some Dragon Age II...

There's an old holiday standard that refers to the Christmas (et al) season as the "most wonderful time of the year." I'm not saying that it isn't, but for gamers, E3 is pretty damn close. This is the time of year where we get to glimpse the future - we get to see all of the shiny new goodies that our favorite developers have in store.

This year, Team Escapist is out on the E3 floor in force. While the show floor isn't technically open yet, that doesn't mean that we won't be able to see anything awesome and new. Here's some of the stuff that you can look forward to today:

Microsoft Press Conference: At 1:30 PM EST, Microsoft takes the stage to show its hand. You can almost assuredly expect more news on Project Natal - or should I say Kinect? - as well as Halo: Reach, Fable III, Crackdown 2, and Gears of War 3. We'll be liveblogging this, so stay tuned!

EA & Ubisoft Press Conferences: They may not have the glitz or sheer oomph of the Big Three's pressers, but EA (5:00 PM EST) and Ubisoft (8:00 PM EST) have plenty to show - and we'll be at both of them. Expect Ubisoft to show more of the new Assassin's Creed, Scott Pilgrim, and perhaps the long-awaited I Am Alive. Meanwhile, EA has Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, and Dead Space 2 up its sleeve.

Let's not forget that EA is also the parent company of beloved RPG studio BioWare. If the rumored Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age II are real, then it's a safe bet they'll be announced at EA's shindig. And we just might see Star Wars: The Old Republic, too.

The show doesn't get really heated until tomorrow, but hopefully, today will set one hell of a spark.

To follow all of The Escapist's E3 2010 coverage, head to our official page.

Good article... But...

Let's not forget that EA is also the parent company of beloved RPG studio Ubisoft.

John Funk:

Let's not forget that EA is also the parent company of beloved RPG studio Ubisoft .

What the hell Funk!

Yay liveblogging! I'm not totally sure what that is, but it sounds cool and I want in.

CosmicCommander:
Good article... But...

Let's not forget that EA is also the parent company of beloved RPG studio Ubisoft.

Ninjamedic:

John Funk:

Let's not forget that EA is also the parent company of beloved RPG studio Ubisoft .

What the hell Funk!

Nothing. You saw nothing.

John Funk:

CosmicCommander:
Good article... But...

Ninjamedic:

John Funk:

What the hell Funk!

I know what you did. We don't forget. We never forget.

John Funk:

CosmicCommander:
Good article... But...

Ninjamedic:

John Funk:

What the hell Funk!

THE POWER OF FUNK COMPELS ME!

/brainwashed

John Funk:

John Funk:
Let's not forget that EA is also the parent company of beloved RPG studio BioWare.

Damn. The original statement sounded so much more interesting.

I'm really pumped for EA's future games, BulletStorm? yes please.

Let's not forget that EA is also the maker of beloved Raspberry Jam

Raspberry Jam fixes everything

ColdStorage:

Never forget. NEVER

If Dragon Age 2 and/or The Elder Scrolls 5 are announced, I think I will literally jizz.

I don't usually say that, but this situation warrants it.

Ninjamedic:

ColdStorage:

Never forget. NEVER

OK fine, next time John Funk makes a news article about Ubisoft I'll rib him about the comment.

Happy?

Oh man, here we go... the quiet before the storm is almost over!

The only thing that really interest me at E3 this year is what Valve has in store for us..

Motion controllers i don't care about at all.. I feel that they are all just something that will have its "15 minutes of fame" and will not last in the long run.. But thats just my opinion..

Let me know when you hear something on the new Zelda game. That's what I'm most interested in.

Looking forward to what news comeso ut of E3! I really want to see what they have to say on MAss Effect 3!

I'll be partying this up with my buds, we're going to watch all the conferences live together, though Microsoft's conference doesn't seem to be on G4. How annoying.

Oh well, Nintendo and Sony is what we're really interested in. E3 definitely looks to have some interesting things to show off...

Jumplion:
I'll be partying this up with my buds, we're going to watch all the conferences live together, though Microsoft's conference doesn't seem to be on G4. How annoying.

Oh well, Nintendo and Sony is what we're really interested in. E3 definitely looks to have some interesting things to show off...

Microsoft is streaming their conference here: http://mjr.mn/9f2K6R

ColdStorage:

Ninjamedic:

ColdStorage:

Never forget. NEVER

OK fine, next time John Funk makes a news article about Ubisoft I'll rib him about the comment.

Happy?

Actually:

Had me in a fit of laughter.

Ninjamedic:

Actually:

:D
Thats what I normally do when trying to save the blushes of people arguing, edit there comments adding Raspberry Jam everywhere and ask them a bit of calm, I'm a big fan of self moderation.

John Funk:

Jumplion:

Will I get to see elephants playing on Natal? sorry Kinect or Wave....
Wait no, its called Move, or arc.

Thanks for the linky.

ColdStorage:

Ninjamedic:

Actually:

:D
Thats what I normally do when trying to save the blushes of people arguing, edit there comments adding Raspberry Jam everywhere and ask them a bit of calm, I'm a big fan of self moderation.

Keep doing it.

So long you people keep me connected with E3 and fill my RSS feeds with buzzy news from E3, count me in. Of course, there are many sources like IGN on my Iphone. Either way, lets get this shait rocking!

Jumplion:

How can I see the Zony* conference?, more specifically, a conference where the game in question starts with K and ends with illZone 3.

Also, how comes there's an escalator at the beach in your avatar?

edit: WTF, Zony?, am I French or something... erm, yes, yes I am.

So when is Valve's secret surprise?

I'm excited for E3, but I shouldn't be considering I'll want so much stuff that I can't afford.

John Funk:

Jumplion:

Thanks, though I'm still confused as to when it's starting in Central US. It says 10:30 at Pacific time(?) so I have no idea when it starts in whatever timezone I'm in. What's the timezone for Central US?

ColdStorage:
How can I see the Zony* conference?, more specifically, a conference where the game in question starts with K and ends with illZone 3.

Very old avatar, originally just the stickguy falling down, someone spruced it up for the summer last year. The Avatar creators thread thing I think. Should really change it now...

Jumplion:

John Funk:

Jumplion:

Thanks, though I'm still confused as to when it's starting in Central US. It says 10:30 at Pacific time(?) so I have no idea when it starts in whatever timezone I'm in. What's the timezone for Central US?

ColdStorage:

Very old avatar, originally just the stickguy falling down, someone spruced it up for the summer last year. The Avatar creators thread thing I think. Should really change it now...

It starts in 17 minutes :P There you go.

Jumplion:

Who the hell do I have to interrogate Jack Baeur style to get some info on KillZone 3?

John Funk:

There we go! That was oddly simple...

ColdStorage:
Who the hell do I have to interrogate Jack Baeur style to get some info on KillZone 3?

Sony's conference, according to G4Tv, is at 12:00pm Pacific Time. So get your Helghast helmet ready, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Jumplion:

John Funk:

ColdStorage:

Sony's conference, according to G4Tv, is at 12:00pm Pacific Time. So get your Helghast helmet ready, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

OK so if the Microsoft conference was at 10:30 PST which starts in now 14 minutes, I can deduce that the Sony conference starts 1 hour and 30 minutes after the alloted 14 minutes are up?.

I'm gonna go and play as Evil Sonic the Hedgehog on KZ2 till then, for those that don't know, Evil Sonic the Hedgehog is this guy;

Jumplion:

John Funk:

ColdStorage:

ColdStorage:

Jumplion:

John Funk:

ColdStorage:

OK so if the Microsoft conference was at 10:30 PST which starts in now 14 minutes, I can deduce that the Sony conference starts 1 hour and 30 minutes after the alloted 14 minutes are up?.

I'm gonna go and play as Evil Sonic the Hedgehog on KZ2 till then, for those that don't know, Evil Sonic the Hedgehog is this guy;

Sony and Nintendo are tomorrow.

John Funk:

Sony and Nintendo are tomorrow.

Damn it, I'm stupid, I could always just play KZ till then?, or be a human and eat and sleep.

Well, just finished watching Microsoft's conference, and I gotta say, to risk sounding like a complete fanboy, it sucked.

Personally, I don't care much for Microsoft, but I at least respect them in the industry. They have a good amount of heavy hitting titles that are appropriately epic.

But they just glanced over the big ones. They showed Gears of War 3, rushed through Fable 3, glanced over Halo: Reach, and then all they did for the last part of the conference was Kinect showing "casual"-tastic games and those two ESPN guys would not shut up.

As much of a fanboy I am, I really did want to be impressed by Microsoft, give them some props for some good games n' all. But this was just painful.

I hope Nintendo and Sony can ramp it up tomorrow.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here