E3 2010: Kinect Launching Nov. 4 With 15 Games and Star Wars

E3 2010: Kinect Launching Nov. 4 With 15 Games and Star Wars

Microsoft's controller-free "Kinect" will be in stores November 4th of this year, with 15 games - and at least one Star Wars action title on the way.

We've seen a ton of Kinect action in Microsoft's E3 2010 press conference, but our two biggest questions - when will it be coming out, and how much will it cost? - have yet to be answered.

Well, they just answered one: Kinect will be in stores November 4th, with 15 new games. Microsoft also said that it had an exclusive arrangement with LucasArts to deliver a Star Wars action title next year. Real-life lightsaber dueling? Yes, please.

Keep watching our liveblog for all the news from Microsoft's press conference.

Keep track of our E3 2010 coverage here.

Really? They could have picked a better name. At least Natal had a ring to it.

A Star Wars action title? Eh?
A Star Wars action tile that will register full-body movements and allow to force push and force chokes using ridiculous hand gestures - yes, please.

Sounds interesting, has the 150$ cost been confirmed? Star Wars sounds great, but I'll have to try it in my GS first before the thought of purchasing it.

Wasn't that Gears of War's so called "Emergence Day", too?

If Natal (far better name than Kinect) had a good price they would have announced it already, I'm waiting for the sting to the wallet to be announced before my ridiculous hype-o meter starts for the Star Wars game.

Natal/Kinect - An experiment to determine whether a gaming company can sell even the most pointless peripherals as long as they remember to license a Star Wars game.

And yet, I am still completely, utterly uninterested.

And why the heck did they change the name? Natal was better than Kinect. Bleh.

CoverYourHead:
And why the heck did they change the name? Natal was better than Kinect. Bleh.

It may have something to do with Natal being the relative word for Xmas on some parts of the globe.

Depending on the price that would be my end-of-year present to myself for being an evil boy.
Even though, if it turns out to be another way to alow gimickry a lone Xbox 360 will do the trick, since I'm already a proud owner of a Wii.

John Funk:
Real-life lightsaber dueling? Yes, please.

http://gizmodo.com/5560206/the-spyder-iii-pro-arctic-is-a-real-life-lightsaber

I hope you're ready for a surprise battle tomorrow :P

Skynet? Oh wait.

But the Star Wars game looked cool, and Forza 3. Ubisoft did shit again. I just hope that some companies can bring some cool games with Kinect

I thought it was cool when they gave everyone in the place free new 360's.

ThyNameIsMud:

John Funk:

....That is glorious.
I must build one right now.

ThyNameIsMud:

John Funk:

haha, get one before kids actually do this, get horribly injured, and the news gets everyone worked up to the point of making them illegal or highly restricted

It's Kinetckt now? I thought it was announced that it was called Wave? That was a faster switcheroo then the Ultra-to-Nintendo 64!

Anyway, it sounds promising enough. Still not going to get it but that's just me

Well, it's about time. Considering I don't have a 360, this isn't going to be the deciding factor to push me over to buy one.

For some reason none of my friends are very excited about this. I mean, motion controls could be annoying (ie: running in place and jumping for hurdles, heh) but they could be the start of something much greater, just to show that the technology is out there and actually moving forward.

Gods that was the biggest cock-block of all time. The whole Kinect thing had me in a downer, I was just hoping for a brawler game and that didn't come.

And then they mentioned LucasArts. I was ready to have like 243235253 orgasms at the same time, I was bouncing up and down my chair. Could this really be true?! And then they showed the game...

That looked ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!!!! Seriously, absolutely pathetic. It was like...sort of 3D, didn't look like it. And that droid....góds. Those explosions... Those Stórmtroopers... So sad, so incredibly sad.

Anyone know prices??

I hot s bad feeling on tons of shovelware...I really hope since spending do much on it titles will improve!

Hrm. New xbox is same price as old, still higher than the Wii. Unless the Kinetic is extremely cheap (and they may pull that since it needs the system anyway -- make it a loss leader kind of thing) I'm starting to think it's going to fall flat.

Too bad too.. the possibilities as an interface for your main entertainment system are phenomenal.

JourneyThroughHell:
A Star Wars action tile that will register full-body movements and allow to force push and force chokes using ridiculous hand gestures - yes, please.

But no ability to actually move - forward scrolling, very gimmicky sadly.

Really disappointing. Minus the Star Wars game. Even Turn 10 disappointed for me.

i saw that star wars game. it's either really good, or horribly bad.

it was hard to tell.

Yeah that demo looked pretty horrendous for the Star Wars title. It seems that you can't move on your own, that you have to defeat all the badly AIed enemies in the "layer" before you can move on. How... dull. The enemies didn't even try to hurt you even when you were standing practically on top of them!

ThyNameIsMud:

John Funk:

Does it come in red?.

Captain Pancake:
Really? They could have picked a better name. At least Natal had a ring to it.

Well, 'Kinect' is a lot more pronouncable, that's for damn sure. Still not fussed on the whole idea though.

That Kinect is a half-assed rip-off from "Connect" or something. Natal had a nice ring into it and was something you could say without fucking up your tongue. Dear Microsoft, you fail horribly.

They changed the name? Balls, Natal sounded better.

Still don't have high hopes for it, but we'll see.

They changed it based on kinetic energy and connect as in, you move using kinetic energy, and you can connect to your friends. Makes more sense than natal.. But I liked natal..

Whoopee-frikkin-doodah. I seem to recall some consoles were getting hyped by having a lot of titles attached to them. Dreamcast....Jaguar....Saturn....
At least in Microsoft's case, they can easily backtrack and just put out stuff that people will actually want to play usually. But so could have Sega with the Genesis after 32X and CD.
Will Microsoft break the trend and surprise the masses? Nothing's impossible, but probably improbable. Possibly.

Nurb:

ThyNameIsMud:

John Funk:

haha, get one before kids actually do this, get horribly injured, and the news gets everyone worked up to the point of making them illegal or highly restricted

Well their previous models haven't been hitting the courts or the news yet, at least not the big ones that get nationwide attention. But with this one being a recognizeable gimmick and more affordable, it is only a matter of time. Tick and tock.

Shoggoth2588:
It's Kinetckt now? I thought it was announced that it was called Wave? That was a faster switcheroo then the Ultra-to-Nintendo 64!

Anyway, it sounds promising enough. Still not going to get it but that's just me

Microsoft Wave is their hype-o-matic site.

Kwil:
Hrm. New xbox is same price as old, still higher than the Wii.

Though they did drop a hundred-dollar wireless card in there.

Mazty:

JourneyThroughHell:

But no ability to actually move - forward scrolling, very gimmicky sadly.

Well, I guess you have to take into consideration the limitations of most people's living room.
Although, yeah, that's quite a lacking feature.

I'll be buying it and Move just to try them out. This one seems more fun to me, but I'll test them both!
Super pumped, even if it is gimicky.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.