E3 2010: inFamous 2 Trailer Frostily Expands Cole's Powers

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

E3 2010: inFamous 2 Trailer Frostily Expands Cole's Powers

inFamous's Cole did just fine for himself by controlling electricity alone, but apparently his powers in the sequel will freeze his enemies with more than fear.

Let's face it, inFamous hero Cole MacGrath was a pretty cool guy, whether he was roasting civilians or saving them from evil trash men. The entire first game was based around the expansion of Cole's electricity powers, but the sequel's E3 trailer now shows those powers might expand to another element.

He'll still be climbing up buildings and jumping from rooftop to rooftop, but Sucker Punch has strapped a new weapon to his back that looks like a pretty lethal front fork of a motorcycle when charged with current. Is that all? Nope.

Even though Cole says that "some shit never changes," the end of the trailer shows Cole standing amongst an area frozen by ice. Yeah, it looks like he'll have ice powers to go with his electricity powers this time.

He'll probably need them, because we also see a man named Bertrand that is successfully inciting people to rise against him. Giant monsters may or may not be dragging people into black smoke and eating them too. Hopefully they're vulnerable to either ice or electricity, or Cole's screwed. inFamous 2 is expected in 2011.

Yup...I still feel no heart attack.

Maybe, when Oh I don't...I see sly cooper 4?

It looked pretty nice, but I suddenly lost interest when the voice over started in with the angst.
Pulled me back a bit when the lost monster ate someone, though.

Guess we'll see how it goes.

Intriguing... Cole has hair this time around. I much prefer this version of him to the original.

wheres the angry potato Cole i know and love?

Nice.

Very nice.

Definitely looking forward for this one! It'll be interesting to see how they integrate the ice powers now.

i'm a bit skeptical too the new powers, but I'm sure if anyone can pull it off, it's sucker punch.

Hey i didn't notice the icy bit during the live stream, must've skipped forward. Hopefully it's just the 2 elements we're controlling, it's nice to go into detail with just one instead of being drowned out by a zillion different attacks.

Expect some Iceman-inspired moves, perhaps a path of ice mid air?

Dexiro:
Hey i didn't notice the icy bit during the live stream, must've skipped forward. Hopefully it's just the 2 elements we're controlling, it's nice to go into detail with just one instead of being drowned out by a zillion different attacks.

Having said that, they'll probably give Cole pyrokinesis in the threequel.

If they make one... which they shouldn't. I'm not saying I have anything against Sucker Punch or inFamous, but threequels usually end up failing dismally.

Excited even more now, but is that a new guy voicing Cole? Much more gritty in Infamous 1, kinda liked it >.>

CounterAttack:

Dexiro:

If they make one... which they shouldn't. I'm not saying I have anything against Sucker Punch or inFamous, but threequels usually end up failing dismally.

Such as...? I'm not arguing, I'm really asking as for me at least third installments are usually good.

Please tell me he isn't going to get some cliche' "Power of Ice if Good" or "Power over Lava if bad" sceme we had in the first game...

I wonder if they will pull the Mass Effect 2, descisions carry over mechanic.

Did anyone else recognize Ellis when Cole started talking? Because that's totally who it is. What happened to him...?

I'd lol so hard if it wasn't Cole

Hmm. Not too sure on the new look or voice actor, but the first one was really fun, so I'm looking forward to this.

therandombear:
Excited even more now, but is that a new guy voicing Cole? Much more gritty in Infamous 1, kinda liked it >.>

Lol. I thought that was a different guy altogether. But, then again, Sucker Punch wouldn't ditch Cole for someone else. Would they?

Your probably right though. It might be a new voice actor.

As for the game itself, it looks pretty interesting. I was thinking that if they made a sequel, then there would be more than just electricity in the equation. Although, how they're going to make it work storywise is beyond me.

Is the voice actor different? This guy sounds kind of... I dunno, douchey :/

Very exited for this. Infamous was only of 2 games I've completed 100%.
I kind of predict a trilogy, which is a good thing.

K4RN4GE911:

therandombear:

Lol. I thought that was a different guy altogether. But, then again, Sucker Punch wouldn't ditch Cole for someone else. Would they?

As for the game itself, it looks pretty interesting. I was thinking that if they made a sequel, then there would be more than just electricity in the equation. Although, how they're going to make it work storywise is beyond me.

Yeah, I kinda thought it was Zeke at first glance, but can't be him...or can it? Maybe the sphere thingy did work? Dun dun dunn...~

ShredHexus:
Is the voice actor different? This guy sounds kind of... I dunno, douchey :/

Certaintly seems like they've recast him. Can't say I like the new actor. There was something appealing about a man who spoke like gravel in a blender. Ah well, can't judge a book by its cover at this stage.

O my god what did they do to cole?!
i loved the gritty tough guy from new york i mean empire city
now he just looks weird and the voice actor sounds like an angsty 10 year old with a voice changer
i cant believe they did that why would you get rid of the original i thought he was awsome and an actual person not some angsty guy that just wants to bitch about life i mean come on its a new york kind of city why wouldnt he look tough if this character was in empire city he would have gotten beaten up by the people for his lunch money i want the old badass cole!

Electricity and ice... That mix doesn't go well for anyone involved...

Looks interesting... but I don't get how ice and electricty are connected... I do like the 2-pronged sword he's got, though.

therandombear:

K4RN4GE911:

therandombear:

Yeah, I kinda thought it was Zeke at first glance, but can't be him...or can it? Maybe the sphere thingy did work? Dun dun dunn...~

Oooohh!! I smell a plot twist!! :D

...Cole looks like a Goatee-less Wil Wheaton this time round.

And while i'm mentioning Nerd Celebrities, in the words of Jerry Holkins, "Dude, that shit isTIGHT."

Hey maybe in inFamous 3 Cole could move the earth

CounterAttack:

Dexiro:

I hear he is fighting "the BEAST" in this one, so they should have no need to go any one further.

The world needs more games with ice powers

Is that the same guy?

I never played Infamous, but I've seen enough footage. Guy looks/sounds completely different imo

Stabby Joe:

CounterAttack:

Dexiro:

Such as...? I'm not arguing, I'm really asking as for me at least third installments are usually good.

I found that Red Alert 3 was nowhere near as good as the first two, although I do like the game. They could have kept the factions within the Allies and Soviets, and created some for the Empire, instead of just lumping them all together into a simple three-sided fight. I enjoy games where unique units can change the tide of battle.

Ick. I might not be able to stand listening to that guy all the way through the game. That's also a terrible redesign. At least I can freeze AND shock people, though my black lightning is oddly absent.

I just hope the whole moral choice thing isn't as overblown (or overhyped) in this one. Someone needs to drop Sucker Punch the hint that moral choices aren't new and exciting anymore, and they were horribly implemented in the first one, anyway. Great game regardless, though, so I'm looking forward to the new one. The story/characters weren't the high point of the first game to me, so I don't really care that Cole has changed so much.

I don't like the new voice actor at all. For some reason the old voice of Cole really grew on me. I also don't like the new look. But I'm going to give this game a chance anyway.

I'm interested to see how the ice and lightning will work together.

Now that the PS3 owners get their Infamous 2, us poor Xbox and PC gamers have to wait for Prototype.

I'm waiting, Activision, I'm waiting...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or