Justin Bieber Brainwashing Teens to Buy Kinect

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Justin Bieber Brainwashing Teens to Buy Kinect

When Justin Bieber performs in front of sold-out crowds of teenage girls, he doesn't forget to bring his Kinect.

Microsoft seems to think that Justin Bieber fans are the perfect audience for Kinect. The furry-headed teen pop star has been promoting the device during the intro to his performances.

In an apparent backstage video that was shown before Bieber began lip-syncing to auto-tuned music, we see Bieber's "crew" using Kinect to play Dance Central, where Kinect reads a player's movements and translates them to an Xbox Live avatar. Bieber, obviously off doing something way cooler than playing videogames, wanders in and observes his "crew" playing the game and gets into it himself.

The Bieb-ster then annoyingly hogs the 360 from the ten other people in the room to play a game of River Rush from Kinect Adventures, and becomes an achievement whore while losing all of the "friends" in his "crew." This is an inside look at what occurs regularly backstage at Bieber concerts.

Mr. Bieb went on to appear in smoke and do a cover of a song laced with the chorus from The Cardigans' "Lovefool." I think we have confirmation that Microsoft is really going for a super casual audience for Kinect, because maybe I'm being ignorant, but most Justin Bieber fans probably don't own a 360 and aren't considered hardcore gamers.

Or, could this be reverse psychology and an attempt to get hardcore gamers into Justin Bieber? It's worked on me: I already bought all of his albums and have them on repeat. Any 16-year-old that uses terms like "shorty" is cool with me.

Via: Destructoid

If Justin Bieber goes anywhere near any sort of product, I know it's not the product for me.

A bit low eh Microsoft?
Also Justin is a sell out. (Not that I know who he is, just any one who agrees to do shit like this is a sell out.) Oh and I feel this song is in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gO59rZrisQ

And the internet Explodes beneath me.

Calumon: Keep going. The hatred is down a bit more.

How many teen girls who are Justin Bieber fans own a 360 in the first place? Very little; they mostly will all have Wiis if any console at all. I can't see them running out and getting both a 360 and Kinect.

Well, I don't really care what he does. I'm already deadset against the Kinect.

This is... yeah, I'd have to say that this is quite possibly the worst possible way Microsoft could advertise their product if they were trying to aim it at people like me. Loving the sarcasm in your closing sentence Tom!

This has got to be the best ad idea ever.

MS chances of having a success with Kinect just got a whole lot better. Poor girls that are gonna buy this. If Bieber likes it, it must be great.

I don't know if I should be disappointed in Microsoft for catering to that audience, or if I should acknowledge that it is probably a really smart marketing-move.

A brilliant way to promote it to its casual audience. Also a brilliant way to alienate any hardcore fans.

Hmm... don't care?

... awkward...

And my faith in humanity drops yet again. Current score: -3.00x10^8

Also,

FargoDog:
How many teen girls who are Justin Bieber fans own a 360 in the first place? Very little, they mostly will all have Wiis if any console at all. I can't see them running out and getting both a 360 and Kinect.

This sums it up nicely.

He, they're trying to get attention. Tell me, how often have you seen Justin Beaver (yes, I know it's Bieber, but Beaver is slang for vagina, and is there for funnier) in the last week alone? If every time you saw him he was trying to sell you on Kinect, you would probably buy it after a while, if only because you think it will shut the little twat up.

FargoDog:
How many teen girls who are Justin Bieber fans own a 360 in the first place? Very little, they mostly will all have Wiis if any console at all. I can't see them running out and getting both a 360 and Kinect.

I see them running out and buying it, have you ever met a hardcore Bieber fan? Pretty crazy...

FargoDog:

They will now buy it... trust me.
This is a very good ad by MS.

Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

if Sony ever try something like this I'm pissing on my ps3 and then burning it as I cry for humanity

The end is nigh' brothers!

I hope he tries to read the German version of the manual.

Man, that'd be funny.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOBIEBER.

Just kidding, I don't care either way. He's not gonna make me want to buy something, and he's not gonna make me say "Ew! Bieber likes it!" I don't plan on buying Kinect either way, because it's pretty silly.

It's an advertisment technique used nearly all the time!

A business will get a celebrity in their ads.
The idea is that the viewers will think "oh he has that, it must be good" or anything similer.

Examples
There was the 3 sports guys [1] and Gillette.
There was David Becham (I think) and the sharpie permanent markers.

Edit:
Oh ho ho.
I just had an interesting observation.

The Escapist Staff know that the majority opinion in the escapist is that Justin Bieber is horrible and he sucks etc so they bias their articles to appeal to us.

Disclaimer: I do not like Justin Bieber, I just like neutral news.

I'm sorry, I think I was in a pissy mood the day I posted this.

[1] one of which I know was Tiger Woods, I do not recognize the other 2.

colonel_alzheimers:
If Justin Bieber goes anywhere near any sort of product, I know it's not the product for me.

Does that mean you're going to stop buying toilet paper?

Oh good God, what the hell next? I mean really?

Biebastard should go die in a fire.

Heeman89:

FargoDog:

I see them running out and buying it, have you ever met a hardcore Bieber fan? Pretty crazy...

Nope, and I don't wish to. But there's being a hardcore Bieber fan and spending over $300 on a games console and a glorified eyetoy. If their parents have any sense they won't buy it.

Hopefully there will be some kind of boxing or fighting game where he is in it.

Well, if ever there was a perfect matchup of product and pitchman, I haven't seen it yet.

I say that because I want to hurl both Bieber and the Kinect into the sun.

Tom Goldman:
Snip

You staff guys aren't even trying to hide you disdain for that annoying girl guy are you? :P

I'm obviously not the target of this campaign, that made me so much less interested in Kinect. Frankly, I'm a little embarassed to a part of the same sub-culture. Sounds like it worked for all those screaming girls in the crowd though.

That's actually the first time I've seen Justin Bieber outside of those updates when you log into MSN. I now understand the various remarks about him found...everywhere.

That's just low. That's just one step below asking a motherfucking prostitute to promote your product. Oh wait. Bieber's the same fucking thing.

I'd join the fingerwagging, but to be honest Justin Bieber fans are probably *the* exact target audience Kinect should go after. Or at least such is my impression. So...well done marketing departments and we'll see how low can the human race go this time. It will be intriguing. Also, my condolences to all the parents who will have to listen to their brats bitch about getting an overpriced gimick of a gaming system.

Macgyvercas:
And my faith in humanity drops yet again. Current score: -3.00x10^8

Also,

FargoDog:

This sums it up nicely.

I'm willing to bet everything I own that they're going to slap Bieber's mug on the fucking thing and every teenage girl from here to Timbuktu will buy the damn thing.

Goodbye to ever wanting kinect, you know at first as was like, wait a few months, let the linux monks bash out a driver for the kinect bar.

But after the IGN dashboard video and this, nu-uh.

Loonerinoes:
I'd join the fingerwagging, but to be honest Justin Bieber fans are probably *the* exact target audience Kinect should go after. Or at least such is my impression. So...well done marketing departments and we'll see how low can the human race go this time. It will be intriguing. Also, my condolences to all the parents who will have to listen to their brats bitch about getting an overpriced gimick of a gaming system.

Look at it this way. We'll have plenty of YouTube videos of fat teenage girls playing with Kinect. Enough for all of us to laugh at.

SnipErlite:
I hope he tries to read the German version of the manual.

Man, that'd be funny.

Ok first,

OT:Well that's my chance of getting kinect gone...

The screams, my ears, the horror.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or