Doctor Who Rocks the Stage at Glastonbury

Doctor Who Rocks the Stage at Glastonbury

With the current season of Doctor Who finished - in the UK anyway - a certain Time Lord has found a novel way to spend his summer.

Matt Smith, who plays the 11th Doctor in the long running sci-fi series Doctor Who, surprised attendees at the Glastonbury festival this weekend when he joined techno group Orbital on stage for their remix of the Doctor Who theme. Smith spoke briefly to the crowd before taking his place with the band as the familiar music played out to thousands of festival-goers.

I'm not a huge festival fan, but I must admit that even I would have liked to have been there to see Smith on stage. I have no idea what Smith actually did during the song, as it's much too dark on stage to make out what's going on, but honestly, I don't think it really matters. It must have been incredibly exciting, especially for those who had missed the season finale the night before.

Source: Twitter

Muddy Countryside AND Doctor Who? What more else do I want?

Calumon: Cheap good food! Oh wait, THAT'S THERE TOO!

Yes! Matt smith is hilarious!

Haha, was watching this live before. Nearly jumped out of my seat when I realised what it was.

...that's the most awesome thing I've seen this year, but I think all those lights have now made me cross-eyed.

Thats. Epic! I love it! Best thing there I bet!

That would have been cool if the band were capable of playing the melody in time with the backing.

Which you would think would be their last problem with a Time Lord involved.

Oh wow, that's brilliant. Is he playing the keyboard too?

Jack and Calumon:
Muddy Countryside AND Doctor Who? What more else do I want?

Calumon: Cheap good food! Oh wait, THAT'S THERE TOO!

CHEAP???

Food at festivals is painfully, painfully expensive.

I watched this last night, I really enjoyed it.

So did my family, it was a great show.

Woo!

MysticnFm:
That would have been cool if the band were capable of playing the melody in time with the backing.

Which you would think would be their last problem with a Time Lord involved.

ZINNGGGG!

And the light-show was pretty amazing.

I love that remix. And I'm not really a festival person, but I would have gone just for that.

Festivals are cool. And he did just save the Universe.

Seeing the band with just the lights on their heads in silhouette made me think of Doctor Who Nemesi. Quite cool. :)

That is brilliant

Why, oh, why did I not go to Glastonbury this year!?!?!

Man I wish I could have been there.

Just got back from Glastonbury! It was awesome!

That remix was awesome. I really wish i could of gone this year, to see Muse and of course that! Luckily i'l be seeing Muse in September. :D

That looks like the coolest rave in all time. Glowsticks, laser and a spiced of Doctor Who theme including the Doctor himself?! AWESOME!!!

That's pretty epic. I was at the main stage though, watching Stevie Wonder. Shit got seriously funky over there.

Isn't that him on the Keyboard?

That's... just... win. I have never envied festival goers until THIS day.

*tears*
I wish I was there.

Actually, according to Atomic, he played the keyboards (also upping his awesome factor).

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/News/218193,the-doctor-plays-glastonbury.aspx

Gotta love the weekly newsletters.

And I HATE living in Australia! I could have seen the Doctor being musically awesome. Wonder if I get away for next year...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here