Maxis Revealing Something Spore Related at Comic Con

Pages PREV 1 2

Dear Maxis,

I want a persistent 4x galactic space conquest game, set in your incredible (and incredibly boring) galaxy, where you can do actual 4x type space galactic conquest types of things.

Sincerely,
Thiosk

I'm still waiting for them to deliver what they promised with Spore. It was a cop-out on what you promised Will. I hung on your every word since you announced spore. It was like a Molyneux promise except I believed you. I even bought the galactic edition for petes sake.

Did I get a game were my creature would live or die depending on how well I made it? No I didnt. I could win the game with a 12 ft tall penis if I wanted. Maybe I'll consider buying another maxis game when youre ready to fix Spore

RelexCryo:
Walking into a Mos Eisley Cantina as a species you design yourself would totally rock.

I want something like this too. I want a species of hulking, mean-looking, badass arachnids... who are out to save the universe.

The Rogue Wolf:

RelexCryo:
Walking into a Mos Eisley Cantina as a species you design yourself would totally rock.

I want something like this too. I want a species of hulking, mean-looking, badass arachnids... who are out to save the universe.

Sounds awesome. :)

Remake Sim copter already!

thiosk:
Dear Maxis,

I want a persistent 4x galactic space conquest game, set in your incredible (and incredibly boring) galaxy, where you can do actual 4x type space galactic conquest types of things.

Sincerely,
Thiosk

Hear hear.

Korten12:

Irridium:
As one of the 6 or so people who actually enjoyed Spore, I find this exciting.

I loved it, I need to find my CD's.

I pray they make a console one...... (But then it will be even more dumbed down.... Why do the PC people get all the cool shite?)

Lets just pray this doesnt end up as the biggest disappoitment in gaming history like Spore was. I remember watching the 35min demo and thinking "holy shit this looks awesome" and then came the cartoons...

ChupathingyX:
Lets just pray this doesnt end up as the biggest disappoitment in gaming history like Spore was. I remember watching the 35min demo and thinking "holy shit this looks awesome" and then came the cartoons...

Here is the link to that epic 35 minute video, and likewise I was thinking the same thing when first saw it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198#

Isn't that whole "space adventures" thing essentially the whole point of Galactic Adventures?

Ah well I'll probably get it anyway.Spore is my favorite game ever.

jad4400:

ChupathingyX:

Here is the link to that epic 35 minute video, and likewise I was thinking the same thing when first saw it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8372603330420559198#

Ah yes thats the one, yeah i watched it for the first time on google vids too, I dont think it was on Youtube at the time. I loved how back then the creatures would walk in a unique way depending on their legs and body, in the spore that was released no matter what you did they always had the same walking animation. Also what I love about that video was how the creatures are all running wild, where as in the game they're all confined to just their nest, that was so stupid and really hurt the immersion of the game, not that the cartoons were already enough to ruin it.

ChupathingyX:
Ah yes thats the one, yeah i watched it for the first time on google vids too, I dont think it was on Youtube at the time. I loved how back then the creatures would walk in a unique way depending on their legs and body, in the spore that was released no matter what you did they always had the same walking animation. Also what I love about that video was how the creatures are all running wild, where as in the game they're all confined to just their nest, that was so stupid and really hurt the immersion of the game, not that the cartoons were already enough to ruin it.

Would just like to point out:

a) How your creature moves is based on the size,number and amount of joints of the legs.Creatures with lots of legs move like centipedes,creatures with long legs take massive strides etc.

b) Creatures (including yours on rare occasion) can and do migrate between other nests of their species,go to nearby bodies of water to have a drink and/or form packs to attack other nests.

Aeshi:

ChupathingyX:

Would just like to point out:

a) How your creature moves is based on the size,number and amount of joints of the legs.Creatures with lots of legs move like centipedes,creatures with long legs take massive strides etc.

b) Creatures (including yours on rare occasion) can and do migrate between other nests of their species,go to nearby bodies of water to have a drink and/or form packs to attack other nests.

Really? For me whenever I create a creature it moves the same all the time unless I give it no legs. The difference is very slight, for example if you watch the video, the part where he showcases "Buttface", you'll notice he walks very oddly, due to the released Spores version, you cant even recreate Buttface, I tried hard the best thing I could come up with walked normally. Also look at the bird creature in the video, notice how it sways, Ive never seen a creature in Spore do that. Also the nest, with the creatures "occasionaly" going to other nests and drinking water still doesnt make you fell like youre in an environment.

Oh wow I never saw that video before.It's a pity so much got taken out!

You can make "Buttface" in Spore as is.He'll probably walk differently but you can make him if you know how to attach limbs to other limbs.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here