Valve Lifts Modern Warfare 2 Bans, Apologizes With Zombies

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Hubilub:
Valve has an excellent policy when it comes to issues like this:

"Oh snap, we fucked up!"

"BRIBE EVERYONE! EVERYONE!"

Yup, in this age of megacorps few go out of their way to create positive image for themselves. I bet when Bobby Kotick found out, he was like "LOLWUT?!?!?". I wish all companies would be bound by some cosmic law (Call It Karma) forcing them to maintain good PR.

By the way, i'm also gonna solicit for the L4D2, just in case.

Now THATS how you treat your customers. Take ownership of a problem, and, provide a high quality apology.

This is why we love Steam!

Onyx Oblivion:
They should've given away TF2.

It'd make more sense.

A primarily competitive MP game in exchange for lost time in another competitive MP game.

I'm aware that L4D has Versus, but you know what I mean.

Well they gave away two free games... Alien Swarm and Left 4 Dead 2 to those who were accidentally banned. Can't really be picky... :p

fantastic gesture. i like big companies looking out for the people that keep them afloat rather than screwing them constantly. especially in the gaming industry where it seems somewhat rare at times

ColdStorage:

Jedoro:

The Red Dragon:
Vale are so awesome. This is why everyone loves them.

Valve is pretty awesome, too, eh?

On a scale of 1 to awesome, how awesome are they?

wrong scale there mate, on a scale of 1 to VALVe how awesome are they

Onyx Oblivion:
They should've given away TF2.

It'd make more sense.

A primarily competitive MP game in exchange for lost time in another competitive MP game.

I'm aware that L4D has Versus, but you know what I mean.

I think it may have also been to give the online play a jump in users, as it has nowhere near as many active players as TF2.

I hope they accidentally ban me from TF2! Then they can unban me....WITH HATS!

Hubilub:

"Oh snap, we fucked up!"

Dang, that made me laugh so hard. I can imagine Newell banging his fists on the desk ("EVERYONE!!!").

Well, its nice of Valve anyway. Other companys wouldnt do this. Its really sweet.

Of course, Valve suck though. They are the biggest douchebags in history, and I fucking hate them. I hope every Valve employee gets too choke on a massive horse cock. And my opinion will not change until they finally fucking BRING OUT HALF LIFE 2 EPISODE 3 DANG CANT WE GET A TEASER TRAILER OR AT LEAST A SCREENSHOT???? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING AT, VALVE????

The Aimless One:

tehroc:
2 copies is a bit much, I paid for L4D2 and only got 1 copy. Doesn't make sense that because of an error people get handed 2 copies of a great game when 1 would do.

L4D2 is a co-op game......if you don't have any friends who play you might not enjoy it as much.
Handing out a second copy is actually what makes this so great, not everyone enjoys playing with random people.
Especially in L4D(2) it can be a real pain.

Oh I know I'm just jealous, none of my friends play the PC version. At least I did purchase it when it was a great deal a few weeks ago, I actually woulda bought the 4 pack if the economy was better.

Contun:

Well they gave away two free games... Alien Swarm and Left 4 Dead 2 to those who were accidentally banned. Can't really be picky... :p

Everyone can get Alien Swarm. It has nothing to do with MW2.

I love Valve. They're my friend.

I already own l4d2 though, and only have MW2 on the PS3.

Ahh, too many acronyms!

This is basically a basic PR marketing trick.

They basically turn around this nightmare and potential reputation damaging event to something positive. The consumers see this and are ever over-rejoiced and Valve instantly creates public advertising in a maybe cheaper way.

Good job.

Hubilub:

"Oh snap, we fucked up!"

Lol'd.. Valve is win!

tehroc:
2 copies is a bit much, I paid for L4D2 and only got 1 copy. Doesn't make sense that because of an error people get handed 2 copies of a great game when 1 would do.

What this tells me is that L4D2 recouped it initial investment on the game so there is no real loss here.

There's always one...

It's a co-op game, people will appreciate the sentiment more if they can then play it with their friends too.

OT: In Valve we trust.

tehroc:

Contun:

Everyone can get Alien Swarm. It has nothing to do with MW2.

Oh, I'm fully aware of that, but how many big name gaming companies just give away solid games like that? I can only think of Valve, and that deserves some major respect.

Nothing says i am sorry like a dozen bloodred zombies and some chocolate

AxCx:

Hubilub:

"Oh snap, we fucked up!"

Dang, that made me laugh so hard. I can imagine Newell banging his fists on the desk ("EVERYONE!!!").

Well, its nice of Valve anyway. Other companys wouldnt do this. Its really sweet.

Of course, Valve suck though. They are the biggest douchebags in history, and I fucking hate them. I hope every Valve employee gets too choke on a massive horse cock. And my opinion will not change until they finally fucking BRING OUT HALF LIFE 2 EPISODE 3 DANG CANT WE GET A TEASER TRAILER OR AT LEAST A SCREENSHOT???? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PLAYING AT, VALVE????

Rage guy?? :o

OT: This is why we like valve :D

Yay Valve, this is why you're loved by gamers all around.
I'm glad this all had a happy resolution.

Hubilub:

Suki the Cat:

Hubilub:

"Oh snap, we fucked up!"

I wish other companies would bribe me for mistakes that affect me >>. I was bribed with some free hair accessories once, but never anything to compensate for my annoyance OO.

Out of curiosity, exactly what was the incident that earned you some hair accessory bribery?

3 month delay on some stuff for cosplaying. I never got to cosplay Suigintou from Rozen Maiden this year =(. But they claim to have shipped the rest of it now, so I'll have to save it for next year, still annoying tho =p.

dam sobs i hated MW2 so i didnt buy it after renting

Suki the Cat:

Hubilub:

Suki the Cat:

Hubilub:

"Oh snap, we fucked up!"

I wish other companies would bribe me for mistakes that affect me >>. I was bribed with some free hair accessories once, but never anything to compensate for my annoyance OO.

Out of curiosity, exactly what was the incident that earned you some hair accessory bribery?

3 month delay on some stuff for cosplaying. I never got to cosplay Suigintou from Rozen Maiden this year =(. But they claim to have shipped the rest of it now, so I'll have to save it for next year, still annoying tho =p.

Why can't more Swedish women cosplay nowadays? D:

I MUST SEARCH FOR THEM UNDER ROCKS!

Very nicely handled, Valve. This deserves an applause.

dammit, the ONE weekend i'm not playing :(

OK, i can understand giving away one free game for an apology; But TWO copy's of a free games?!?!?! I swear Valve are angels in disguise.

ColdStorage:
We need to send them a monocle, they are complete gents.

They give us Portal for free when we buy the orange box, then they give us Portal again... FOR FREE, then Valve make an error and they give L4D for free?

Jedoro:

The Red Dragon:
Vale are so awesome. This is why everyone loves them.

Valve is pretty awesome, too, eh?

On a scale of 1 to awesome, how awesome are they?

Awesometeen.

But yeah, what they did was pretty awesome, I can't imagine any other developer doing that. I'm also looking forward to playing that Alien Swarm game next month, when my limit resets.

Hubilub:

Suki the Cat:

Why can't more Swedish women cosplay nowadays? D:

I MUST SEARCH FOR THEM UNDER ROCKS!

And under rocks you shall find them OO.

Not an awful lot of Norwegians cosplay tho, but at the yearly expo you feel left out if you dont XD. I felt soooo out of place OO. Maybe I should have just taken one of my older outfits, but I so wanted something new >>.

That's awesome, and they didn't even choose to give out the old L4D for free, No no, The newest of em'. That also shows that not only are the excellent bribers (Sorry, Developers) but also not greedy(? sorry I'm danish, English isn't my native language so I don't really know how to rephrase that)

Dear god valve, you must be out of your minds. OUT OF YOUR MINDS I SAY!!! quick someone schedule a labotomy, They are suffering from having to much pure awesome!

Contun:
Okay seriously Valve..... seriously..... can you even try to be more awesome? No, seriously. Is that even possible?

GG.

oww. who ever made that has f'd up hands. my hand now hurts

Ahhh, Valve. Will you never cease to be awesome?

Excellent save on your part, Gabe.

Props to Valve. The sweet deals and then this. Respect.

Suki the Cat:

Hubilub:

"Oh snap, we fucked up!"

hey Bioware; Mass Effect 2 was glitchy as fuck and Rockstar the story to RDR sucked and felt cheated of my $120... can I has a free copy ot KotOR and LA Noir (when it comes out)? No... well i'ma play my free copy of Portal then.

If only we lived in a better world.

Other developers should look at Valve and take a lesson. This is how to earn trust and loyalty.

Godamn, I never got banned but one of my clan members did, feel like I've missed out.
Shame valve never responded to his ticket asking why he'd been banned, but hey, free games!

This is why you have to love Valve. Great games, great service... and you don't even need to wear pants.

But, if you have a copy and have no one to give it to... well, lets just say I'd be mighty grateful.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.