Pokemon Can Fight Battles AND Ask Out Your Crush

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Pokemon Can Fight Battles AND Ask Out Your Crush

What do you do if you're a Pokémon addict who's too shy to ask someone out in person? Use a Game Boy game to ask them out for you.

The Pokémon games are notorious for being addictive, but they're not exactly known for being a great way to ask someone out. However, a couple of photos that have surfaced show just how effective the original Game Boy versions can be at letting someone know how you feel about them.

A lot of details are missing, like who asked who out or what the end result of the proposal was, but the pictures are certainly entertaining. In the original photo, whoever it was that asked the other person left a copy of Pokémon: Red out for their crush, along with a note:

Hi, :)

We've grown really close and I want you to have this. I'm at the Elite Four right now, and I made you a special team to beat them.

When the game was fired up, the "special" team was arranged so the Pokémon names spelled out "Will you go out with me?" Looking at the levels of these different creatures, there was some serious time and effort put into this date proposal.

It's difficult to tell how old this story is, seeing as how this was all done with an old-school Game Boy and an original Pokémon: Red cartridge, but the story's had a surge in popularity across the Web over the past 24 hours. Still, that doesn't make it any less adorable. Or possibly creepy. It's still hard to determine which.

Source: Geek

It just struck me. What if she made a new game?

Awesome

Hah, that's awesome.

I'll have to remember that...

That's rather creepy...I'm trying to think of how many women in my office building, school, social settings would find that endearing and not completely sad, or grounds for a pitty hug...zero so far.

I'm going with D'AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW

someone just did the same....about an hour ago.

edit: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.220396-Asking-a-girl-out-with-Pokemon-Red
there, 4 hours ago

That...Huh.
Though unbelievably geeky, that would totally work on me.

Hope the guy got his date.

RangerSERE:
That's rather creepy...I'm trying to think of how many women in my office building, school, social settings would become anything but creeped out or just pitty you for that...so far its almost 100%.

Well, one assumes the would-be-sweetheart in question is a gamer, which should take a bit of the "you're a freak" factor out of it. It depends entirely on the situation, I think. Like the guy who rigged Bejeweled to ask his girlfriend to marry him, this could be incredibly sweet under the right circumstances.

AWWWWWWW. That's so sweet.

Thats so adoreable...One original way to ask someone to marry!

Aw, that's sweet.

Just hope he gave her some real dynamite pokemon.

I did something similar to that a few years ago... Along with other fun ways to ask people out.

that is awesome, nerdy and classy all rolled into one!

That is pretty funny.
Although not so much work would have to go into he Pokemon as you might think. You can change the Pokemon's names, so..yeah.

Laugh if all the "Special Team" was Magikarp.

I'll say the smae thing i said on the other thread with this in it. As sad as it sounds, i wnat to know the pokemon he used just to see his team.

Also, you have to ask yourself if the girl will be flattered or look at you as that "creepy nerdy" guy.

Somebody already made this thread. A non staff guy.

rokkolpo:
someone just did the same....about an hour ago.

edit: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.220396-Asking-a-girl-out-with-Pokemon-Red
there, 4 hours ago

Damn... I got ninja'd.

Elec0:
That is pretty funny.
Although not so much work would have to go into he Pokemon as you might think. You can change the Pokemon's names, so..yeah.

So? Get a Pokemon to level 98 and try to say it didn't take a lot of effort. Okay, so they weren't bred purely for the purpose of asking her out, but there was still some serious time clocked on that file to get them up to those levels.

I actually did something similar to ask out my girlfriend.

She came round to play FF:CC at mine since we both love the game and I arranged four characters to dislay the message. She loves telling her friends the story.

Naawwwww...

Susan Arendt:

RangerSERE:
That's rather creepy...I'm trying to think of how many women in my office building, school, social settings would become anything but creeped out or just pitty you for that...so far its almost 100%.

Well, one assumes the would-be-sweetheart in question is a gamer, which should take a bit of the "you're a freak" factor out of it. It depends entirely on the situation, I think. Like the guy who rigged Bejeweled to ask his girlfriend to marry him, this could be incredibly sweet under the right circumstances.

Yes, indeed it does depend on the situation and the person. I, of course, don't know a single person who at best would just hug you and say "we're pals right", or at worst laugh in your face(if said situation came up)...but then again i work for a heartless short selling/annuities company.

Using the original Zelda or link to the past, can't remember, me and my buddies made fun of each other. We never had a complete game on it. we would leave each other messages like I hate you, you are ugly and stuff like that lol.

Wow. Not much else to say besides that. I think that this man deserves a medal or something.

Bravo, good sir, bravo. I wish I had a girl to try something like this on.

It's a bit odd to go to that much trouble just to ask someone out. Although I suppose it shows a certain care, which is rare to see. I hope it went well.

All I know is that if they end up getting married, that proposal needs to be insane.

Awwwww, how cute <3 I hope it turned out okay.

The escapist
-where jpegs are news

It would be a "dawww..." moment if it was between two 12-year-olds wholike Pokemon a lot and talked a lot about it; otherwise it's creepy

"yes, My pokemon wants to go out with your pokemon too!
But YOU stay the hell away from me, or I'll get a court order."

Disaster Button:
I'm going with D'AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW

I second this.

qbanknight:
It would be a "dawww..." moment if it was between two 12-year-olds wholike Pokemon a lot and talked a lot about it; otherwise it's creepy

I'm seconding this, and my bet is on someone probably in their 20s or so.

Susan Arendt:

RangerSERE:

A guy rigged Bejeweled to ask his girlfriend to marry him? How did I miss that stroy?! Do you have a link? I have to see things.

OT: This is totally awesome. Seriously, words can't describe how totally sweet this is.

I think that a really sweet way to ask out a girl...

Assuming of course the girl is a gamer and an avid fan of Pokemon. I mean, if the girl isnt a gamer, isnt familiar with Pokemon, etc. then its a tad creepy. Thats like me making toons "Willyou" and "Dateme" on WoW, and showing it to someone who doesnt play WoW. Youd look stupid.

The note tells me she knew what Pokemon was, and was probably a gamer too. "Im at the Elite 4" and it was left as a gift, that tells me she knew something about those games.

That's actually awesome. Hope it worked out :)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here