Fan Recreates StarCraft, a la Lego

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fan Recreates StarCraft, a la Lego

If there were ever a Lego StarCraft game, it might look something like this.

Hm, what's that? Oh, apparently there's a sequel to this really old game about crafting stars or something that came out this week. I hadn't been paying attention, sorry.

In all seriousness, this week in gaming is pretty much all about the splendid StarCraft II (sorry, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift) and the legacy of the beloved first game. To get into the spirit, one Machinima moviemaker recreated a small sequence that you might see in the original StarCraft ... only he did it with Lego bricks.

It's a short, silly little vignette that manages to be remarkably faithful to the 1998 RTS despite being made entirely of Lego pieces rather than pixels. Though I guess the video is a better resolution than you ever saw in StarCraft, huh?

Stupid Carriers. Those things are so overpowered, even in brick form.

(Thanks, Alai!)

Carriers have arrived indeed. Interestingly done. I wonder when we will hit the Lego singularity, when everything has been made into Legos, and hours long Lego specials will be our weekly indulgence at the movie theaters...

Wow... That's pretty awesome actually.

Glorious. I wouldn't be upset if the next Lego game was indeed Lego StarCraft.

Carriers have arrived!!!! (I always *loved* the carriers)
That video is just... plain... awesome! I can't even begin to imagine the effort that must've gone into its making. Wow. Kudos to the guy who did that, he must really be a patient man.

So I guess the Zerg are too squishy to recreate in angular Lego form?

I'm surprised the Carriers arrived that quickly. I mean it was inevitable when you saw the Protoss there but still...

Excellently done.

Oooft. Their base got truly owned.

Oh man that guy got boned real quick after those carriers arrived.
I love Lego stuff like that. :D

Wait, how did he build that Marine before the Supply Depot was finished?

Why did the Goliaths use an anti-air attack against the buildings?

I think I'm looking to much into this.

thats pretty darn good.
that made me remember this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDe4v318f64

That little Anti-Aircraft thing towards the end is the most useless defense I've ever seen. And those Carriers just steam-rolled the other guys, I've never played StarCraft but they should really balance those Carriers more. Also, this needs to be a mod for SC2, I'm only mildly interested in it now, but if this came out as a free mod it would probably push me over the fence.

Fucking computer always cheats. No way could they have built carriers that fast.

... Wow. Mister Kobbs has too much free time on his hands, methinks. Still awesome, though.

Very nice, must have taken alot of time to put together.

So the creativity of the Blizzard community meets the insane determination of the lego community...

Brilliant!

Swarley:
Wait, how did he build that Marine before the Supply Depot was finished?

Why did the Goliaths use an anti-air attack against the buildings?

I think I'm looking to much into this.

I noticed that too. Plus, there's no way that two dragoons could take out a full bunker without either of them dying.

It's super cool though :)

Never actually played starcraft... But thats awesome...

Hehe! Starcraft II Lego! The next stage on plastic revolution!

Where does people find the time to do this? But it is still very awesome!

Man, those dragoons were op. Took down a full bunker without either dying.

That was awesome

Oh, Lego! Is there any way that you cannot amuse me?

I don't think you needed to play Star Craft to enjoy this video... mainly because I haven't and I enjoyed it. :P

Haha that is so awesome! I've been playing StarCraft II all day so seeing something like this is just so cool!

Oh lego, is there anything you can't do...

Man, that was awesome.

Damn Dragoons...

haha
well done, good work

i dont think goliaths used missle vs pylon or nexus though :P

this rly rly makes me wanna buy some LEGO and play -->.<

Tharwen:
So the creativity of the Blizzard community meets the insane determination of the lego community...

Brilliant!

Now we just need Lego Diablo.

thats so cool

Neat. I just wander if they used real Legos or a program, 'cause if they used real legos, that would be awesome.

I've never liked Star Craft or RTS' in general, but this is fantastic.

BlueInkAlchemist:
I'm surprised the Carriers arrived that quickly. I mean it was inevitable when you saw the Protoss there but still...

I call hacks, there is no way a Protoss could tech up that quickly.

That was the best carrier rush EVER! Too bad that had HAX written all over it.

Most Awesome thing I have seen all day, Thank you sir.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.