McDonald's Attacked For "Horrifying" Marvel Happy Meals

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

While I am against the CCFC and their ideals to not advertise to kids, the Marvel Superhero Toys in the McDonalds Happy Meals are Creepy. We have the Thing toy currently in our house, and it's so cheap and it's barely audible. They should have tried to at least make those cheap toys better.

this is hilarious. i remember when toys use to puke, belch, sometimes even bleed, and now were getting upset over "violent pg-13 movies?" EVERY KID KNOWS THAT THOSE ARE THE BEST TOYS!

Sir John The Net Knight:
But why Silver Surfer? No one likes Silver Surfer. Why not Thor, Gambit or Dr. Doom? Deadpool

[sarcasm]Thor has a hammer seriously? That's not right! Gambit will get kids into gambling obviously And im not even going to mention Dr. Doom, or Deadpool[/sarcasm]

Hehe could't resist =P

Were these people ever children or did they just spawn out of a pit of liquid stupid somewhere?
I remember when McDonald's gave away Super Mario Bros. 3 toys with their Happy Meals, this is nothing new.

Tom Goldman:

The CCFC seems to think that the toys will get children addicted to "violent PG-13" movies. I'm not joking.

PG 13! dear lord they will all become MINI SATAN'S!

Hahahahahaha! Sorry, but that is just hilarious. I like how they think these will corrupt the youth of today. Just how out of touch are they? 'Think of the children!' indeed.

Stone Wera:

arc1991:

Stone Wera:
I swear this is going to become most commented...

Agree'd, bring on the 20 pages of furry!

I hope you mean fury.

Woops! my bad

Mr.Mattress:
While I am against the CCFC and their ideals to not advertise to kids, the Marvel Superhero Toys in the McDonalds Happy Meals are Creepy. We have the Thing toy currently in our house, and it's so cheap and it's barely audible. They should have tried to at least make those cheap toys better.

Well honestly, what do you expect? None of the McDonald's toys are ever any good. I miss the good old days, around ten years ago maybe, when they gave out Pokemon toys in the Happy Meals. Those were the best.

Burger King > McDonalds.

But either way, such bull' I cannot accept anymore. Really. What's so wrong about the Hulk? Or the Human Torch? Aren't they fighting for justice or are they super villians now?

If the baddies won't listen to reason and threaten humanity, violence can be used to defeat them but not murder them. Those movies are usually good. I don't understand them at all. So screw you.

Iznat:
Superhero comics were written FOR KIDS.

OT: This is fucking ridiculous.

No, they wont get kids addicted to PG-13 movies. The movies will do that. The toys will just be there when the movies over so the kid enjoys himself.

Of course, I doubt anyone on this board disagrees with me.

Hasn't McDonalds had superhero toys before?

Anyway I lol'd.

The Toys are horrifying? Do they know what the Happy Meal is made of? Now THAT'S Horrific!

They do realize that superheroes existed before superhero movies, right? And that they were considered to be for kids almost exclusively at one point?

Jesus...this just goes to show you how short the memory span of our culture/bureaucrats is. I think we'll be doomed to repeat history forever.

Shouldn't the Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood be more concerned with the Happy Meals themselves, regardless of what toys they contain, as they're a commercial gimmick designed solely to get children to desire junk food?

It seems to me that they're ignoring the bigger issue... it's like the World Health Organisation complaining about a county using lead bullets to execute children (because there are more environmentally friendly alternatives available).

Funkiest Monkey:

Iznat:
Superhero comics were written FOR KIDS.

OT: This is fucking ridiculous.

Oh please, that's not the REAL Santa...

SuperMse:
Wait, what? Now superheroes are considered inappropriate for children? SUPERHEROES?!

These guys might disagree with the CCFG. I suggest that this group listen to them.

Wha? They are holding WEAPONS!!!!11! It must be bad for children if they are holding WEAPONS and using VIOLENCE to solve there problems! /sarcasm.

Oh no! McDonald's is promoting PG-13 rated movies to kids who require "parental guidance" to even get a Happy Meal.

. . .wait, what?

Had to be done.

Anyway...Uhm...Oh noes? Seriously how can superheroes be considered even remotely bad as they are "defenders of justice"! They fight for the safety of adults and children alike! Seriously I think its best for your child to read comic books to teach them some morals, even if it mean kicking ass.!

Since when has Marvel had violent movies seriously compared to the Dark Knight, Kick-ass and the Watchmen. Marvel are the movies I'll watch with my six year old cousin.

(Talking about the Fantastic four, Xmen, Hulk, and Iron man not punishier and the like)

Whaaaat? That's "we-todd-did".

Unbelieveable.

Not to mention, it's the toys that should drive people away from McDonalds??? Not the excessive fat and sodium in the food???? Idiots!

Can you say "free publicity"?

Oh well, at least this'll take the heat off video games for a couple of hours...

Tom Goldman:
What dimensional portal did these people just emerge from?

I think this sums up my thoughts exactly...

=.= seriously...wait no, not seriously? at least the anti-violent-videogames folk have SOME footing

I seen some bad toys, some REALLY suggestive crap, but these?

1. The designs are for the most part not even close to the movie character designs (outside of the ones that were already loyal to the source material).

2. They are colorful and and squishy and look perfectly kid friendly.

3. Why did nobody complain when there was about 12 thousand Marvel Cartoons in the 90s? Why these toys?

Wolfram01:
Whaaaat? That's "we-todd-did".

Unbelieveable.

Not to mention, it's the toys that should drive people away from McDonalds??? Not the excessive fat and sodium in the food???? Idiots!

Well, to be fair, the food doesn't fight crime. That means it's good for kids to consume! :P

Ridiculous. It's going to get to the point where they're "protecting" children so much, that they won't know what's hit them when they grow up and encounter the real world.

... Seriously?!

Seriously? I mean they are really complaining about something so stupid as superhero toys?

Stone Wera:

arc1991:

Stone Wera:
I swear this is going to become most commented...

Agree'd, bring on the 20 pages of furry!

I hope you mean fury.

Also, since when does agreed have an apostrophe? =P

OT: This lowers my perception of my country by -20 points...

Someone needs a good punch in the face. And by "Someone", I mean the CCFC. Not only is this logic completely idiotic, it makes no sense.

Another thing that I hate. Also why are superheroes bad for children now?

Many of those characters have been around since the 60's, if they caused violent behavior I think we would have noticed by now. And how dare they give children people to look up to.

Oh no, those damned costumed superheroes! They ruined my life! All that time spent idolizing Spider-Man, Super Man, Green Lantern, The Hulk, Batman, all of those terrible people! I mean, they inspired me to strive to be good and to help other people, and we can't have that, now can we? I entirely agree with the CFCC's decision to censor plastic toys! Think of the children!

They really ought to be more upset at how their commercials target children and intend to make them customers for life.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here