Take The Escapist Disaster Quiz!

Take The Escapist Disaster Quiz!

We kick off this week's examination of the upcoming Cataclysm expansion to World of Warcraft with a quick quiz about disasters both in and out of gaming.

There are all sorts of disasters that can happen in gaming (Superman 64, for example), but the kind we're talking about today are the natural (and not so natural) kind - floods, earthquakes, alien invasions, that sort of thing. We've included a few questions about real-world catastrophes, too, taken from the pages of history or the walls of the cineplex. We'll warn you now: Some of these questions are a bit obscure, so only the best of the best will ace this quiz without looking up an answer or two.

As always, you can take as long as you like to finish the quiz, and even try it multiple times to reach that 100%, but your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboards.

Assume crash positions and...Take the Quiz.

Congratulations, you scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct! You're currently ranked 4th out of 70 total entries.

w00t. I know this will not last long, but it's nice for now. Some nice questions here including some I really had to think hard on.

5/10 first try
5/10 second try

this is a disaster...

80% ...I know my end of the world, heh

70% by guessing, apart from FFX. God, I loved that game. Oh, and the Armageddon question. God, I hated that movie...

80% - That's pretty good I suppose. Total guesses for 4 and 10 though, which were apparently both wrong.

erbkaiser:
Congratulations, you scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct! You're currently ranked 4th out of 70 total entries.

w00t. I know this will not last long, but it's nice for now. Some nice questions here including some I really had to think hard on.

Hehe, I stole your position ;D. I'm 4th now out of 159 total entries, with 100%, time taken was 3:27...

This would be a lot nicer if I could see what I got without having to be in the top 25

40%

I literally had no idea what most of those were.

Not a fan of final fantasy and a lot of other pulp culture references I won't be in on.

I feel like I just took a history exam; I knew one answer, and guessed four right.

cool quiz bro, except for the part where I choose the Hindenburg answer correctly and it's wrong, then proceeding to choose all answers to be told i was right the first time.... 4 more turns then i needed... stupid quiz.

If it registered right i'd have beat it in 3 turns.

60%. I should have gotten the Final Fantasy X question right.

10/10, 2nd of over 300 entries on 1st try... not bad, with only two I had to guess at... I should go out more...

Woot, first place (as of right this second). Which is surprising, since I figured I'd get more than one of those answers wrong given I was guessing (I don't tend to play a lot of Japanese games).

Wow, I'm surprised, got 8/10 and I only knew two of them, the FF X question and The Armageddon one. Yay for winging it, my only real plan since 1991!

From the description I expected to do worse than I did. But I was pretty certain about 7 of them, guessed an 8th correctly the first time, and got the other two right on my second try.
Currently 1st out of 463 with 1:32. I'm happy because I've never been this high on the scoreboard before.

6/10 only got final fantasy question and The Amageddon one, guessed most of the others

DPunch4:
cool quiz bro, except for the part where I choose the Hindenburg answer correctly and it's wrong, then proceeding to choose all answers to be told i was right the first time.... 4 more turns then i needed... stupid quiz.

If it registered right i'd have beat it in 3 turns.

Bro? Come now. :)

Disaster Report was a question, I'm a happy panda. Really underrated game that was.

Wooo whoooo! 100%! ...after 4 tries. >_>

70%... not bad I guess... Can't believe I missed the FFX one, but knew the one about Armageddon and a few others, which is kinda rare for these quizzes... >_>

theSovietConnection:
Disaster Report was a question, I'm a happy panda. Really underrated game that was.

Agreed. It's quite intelligent, very different, and a lot of fun. Also, you collect rubber duckies, which is always a plus.

It's a disaster
It's a disaster
Whenever you have three nerd rappers.

All of the JRPG ones left me scratching my head :( Damned infernal JRPGs, ruining my chance at getting 100% on a quiz on the first try and not placing horribly. Damn youuuusssss!

80% first go and then for some reason I got a 90% with a question I was sure I was hitting correctly...The Armageddon and deep impact one? Yeah I know it's an obvious one and that's why I did it 5 times I was a bit confused as to why I was being told that I was WROOONG....

I was very impressed I remembered Populous...Infact I ONLY remember it because my mum was their receptionist for a summer...and we got free games.

after I did the test...i wasnt even told how well I did. it just took me to the ranking page. So i have no clue how well I did...AWESOME.

There are only two JRPGs, guys. That's not that bad!

2/10! Yay! Optimism!

60%, GOOD GAME.

Fifty percent... well, at least it was a better score than my most recent university examination. I'm improving!

A few goes and some research later, I have my 10/10^-^

top guy got 10/10 and in 00:29 seconds. How? =[

6/10

5/10. Meh. I didn't know a lot of these films, :(

9/10! Yay! I'm better than 90% of the contestants! Although I'm sure there are subjects where they would have done well because after all we are all different and we all have some talent, and let's not forget that winning isn't what matters; what matters is doing your very best.

8/10 got the FFX and Shin Megami Tensei q's wrong

I'm surprised I forgot the FFX answer considering I proudly list it in my top 15 of all time.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here