Metal Gear Solid: Rising Still Has Plenty of Stealth

Pages PREV 1 2

Tom Goldman:

Matsuyama also said that he plans to prove that Raiden isn't the whiny brat people think he is by showing off the "strong parts of his mental state." He says: "And don't worry, we're going to try and make him not the weak Raiden, but really strong willed, and physically strong - make it really cool, so that people really will really enjoy controlling him."

This isn't how you make a compelling character. You can't create a whiny wimp and make him into a tough cyborg who compensate's for being a whiny wimp and then expect everyone to believe he isn't a whiny wimp.

If anything people hated Raiden because he stole the second game. I hated him because of that. Nothing they do will change that.

I liked Raiden more in part 2 then in part 4. He might have been whinier but atleast he seemed a bit honest. He had some character development and some moments. In 4 he was just a shallow mix of a tough, blood spewing half-man and a whiny father. Ridiculous character. I wouldn't mind a character like that in an anime but next to the solemn Snake and backwards Otacon he was about as out of place as Yoda in Soul Calibur.

Make a new character or work with Raiden's mental weakness in making him likable in a flawed way (which MGS 2 was kind of striving towards I assume). That could work. Maybe an Action-Slasher game isn't the best place to try but it's better than:

"Hey look at bad-ass Raiden now! He's totally cool! He's got white blood and all and doesn't care if he looses limbs that a normal man would weap over! Bad-ass! Did we mention he fights with his feet? Embrace him!!!".

C'mon, that only works on 12 year olds.

ProfessorLayton:

Eldarion:
Sounds cool, I'm probably going to be the only one who is gonna say I am looking forward to this one.

In before "I love snake to much to play a game without him"

Edit=ninjad. I am not the only one exited.

MGS2 was the best MGS game. And plus you only actually control Solid Snake for 1 and 4. In 2 you get to play them in the beginning for like an hour but it switches out for Raiden and let me tell you the swordfighting as Raiden was a lot of fun in that game.

And it's good to know that you can play stealthy and beat the game without killing anyone. It looks like it will feel more like an action game though it will still be definitively Metal Gear Solid... I'm very excited.

I liked Raiden's character in MGS2 a lot more than snake. Raiden was an actual human being with personality and flaws, solid snake is a generic action hero. I think they just about ruined Raiden in MGS4, but then that was a mess of a game. I thought is was more about fan service than anything.

MGS2 was the best MGS game.

I thought so too. Great game.

Eldarion:
I liked Raiden's character in MGS2 a lot more than snake. Raiden was an actual human being with personality and flaws, solid snake is a generic action hero. I think they just about ruined Raiden in MGS4, but then that was a mess of a game. I thought is was more about fan service than anything.

Wow, I'm a nerd... and I thought Metal Gear Solid 4 was a lot of fanservice and it brought back pretty much every character ever... I guess it was a bad choice of mine to start playing it before I had beaten Metal Gear Solid 2...

ProfessorLayton:

Eldarion:

Wow, I'm a nerd... and I thought Metal Gear Solid 4 was a lot of fanservice and it brought back pretty much every character ever... I guess it was a bad choice of mine to start playing it before I had beaten Metal Gear Solid 2...

The spoiler sums up my feelings pretty much exactly. Snake is the least interesting character in metal gear solid.

I hated how all the cool mysteries of the previous games got explained away by LOL NANOBOTS!!!

Complete and total disappointment.

FargoDog:
To hell with your silly stealth! I am going to cut bitches to ribbons because I can.

LOL just like Lucy does :P

This game looks so gimmicky, but so much more fun.

FargoDog:
To hell with your silly stealth! I am going to cut bitches to ribbons because I can.

Stealth? OH the silence when everyone is bloody pieces of deli meat on the ground

Yeah, still all I'm getting is them jumping up and down waving their arms saying "See? Raiden is cool! We told you! Look at him! Look!" I'll try it, but I'm not expecting too much.

All the hate Raiden gets just makes me like him even more.

Demo first please. Or else I am not obtaining it.

Straying Bullet:
Demo first please. Or else I am not obtaining it.

How I feel, has potential but like to try it out first.

Jaredin:
...of course it will have stealth...its an MGS game...I never expected it not to have stealth, its what they do...

Why does that imply you need to be sneaky? Hell, I played though most segments of 2 and 3 without bothering to sneak at all. I preferred the murder route as it made things ever so much simpler.

I'm just glad we get to use the damn HF Blade for an entire game, seriously.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.