Full Rock Band 3 Soundtrack Revealed

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Full Rock Band 3 Soundtrack Revealed

Harmonix has taken the wraps off the entire 83-song on-disc soundtrack for the upcoming Rock Band 3, a veritable cornucopia of rock that ranges from the awesome to the awful.

This, I suppose, is what it's like to feel old. The Rock Band 3 set list starts off strong with a few great tracks from the 60s, gets serious in the 70s, hits a full-out stride in the 80s, tails off badly in the 90s and then we get into the new millennium and I have no idea who any of these people even are. Poni Hoax? Rilo Kiley? This must be how my dad felt.

"The addition of keyboards and vocal harmonies to the Rock Band platform massively broadens the music selection available to our players," said Paul DeGooyer, senior vice president at publisher MTV Games. "You haven't sung Queen's epic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' unless you've sung the harmony parts - and you can't do that unless you have Rock Band 3."

That's entirely untrue, of course, but we'll assume that DeGooyer is speaking solely in videogame terms and not belabor the point. In any event, here's the list!

1960s:

• Beach Boys, "Good Vibrations (Live)"
  • David Bowie, "Space Oddity"
  • The Doors, "Break on Through (To the Other Side)"*
  • James Brown, "I Got You" (I Feel Good) - Alternate Studio Version*
  • The Jimi Hendrix Experience, "Crosstown Traffic"*
  • The Who, "I Can See for Miles"

1970s:

• The B-52's, "Rock Lobster"*
  • Blondie, "Heart of Glass"
  • Bob Marley, "Get Up, Stand Up"
  • Chicago, "25 or 6 to 4"
  • Deep Purple, "Smoke on the Water"
  • Doobie Brothers, "China Grove"*
  • Elton John, "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting"
  • Foreigner, "Cold As Ice"*
  • Golden Earring, "Radar Love"
  • John Lennon, "Imagine"
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Free Bird"
  • Queen, "Bohemian Rhapsody"*
  • Ramones, "I Wanna Be Sedated"
  • Steve Miller Band, "Fly Like an Eagle"
  • T. Rex, "20th Century Boy"
  • Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, "I Need to Know"
  • War, "Low Rider"
  • Warren Zevon, "Werewolves of London"
  • Yes, "Roundabout"*

1980s:

• Anthrax, "Caught in a Mosh"
  • Big Country, "In a Big Country"
  • The Cure, "Just Like Heaven"*
  • Def Leppard, "Foolin'"
  • Devo, "Whip It"
  • Dio, "Rainbow in the Dark"
  • Dire Straits, "Walk of Life"
  • Echo & the Bunnymen, "The Killing Moon"
  • Huey Lewis and the News, "The Power of Love"
  • INXS, "Need You Tonight"*
  • J. Geils Band, "Centerfold"
  • Joan Jett, "I Love Rock N' Roll"*
  • Night Ranger, "Sister Christian"*
  • Ozzy Osbourne, "Crazy Train"*
  • The Police, "Don't Stand So Close to Me"
  • Roxette, "The Look"*
  • The Smiths, "Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before"
  • Tears for Fears, "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
  • Whitesnake, "Here I Go Again"*

1990s:

• Faith No More, "Midlife Crisis"*
  • Filter, "Hey Man, Nice Shot"
  • Jane's Addiction, "Been Caught Stealing"*
  • Maná, "Oye Mi Amor"
  • Marilyn Manson, "The Beautiful People"
  • The Muffs, "Outer Space"
  • Phish, "Llama"
  • Primus, "Jerry Was a Racecar Driver"
  • Rammstein, "Du Hast"
  • Smash Mouth, "Walkin' On The Sun"*
  • Spacehog, "In the Meantime"
  • Stone Temple Pilots, "Plush"
  • Swingin' Utters, "This Bastard's Life"

2000s:

• Amy Winehouse, "Rehab"
  • At the Drive-In, "One Armed Scissor"
  • Avenged Sevenfold, "The Beast & the Harlot"
  • Dover, "King George"
  • The Bronx, "False Alarm"
  • The Flaming Lips, "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1"
  • HIM (His Infernal Majesty), "Killing Loneliness"
  • Hypernova, "Viva La Resistance"
  • Ida Maria, "Oh My God"*
  • Juanes, "Me Enamora"
  • Metric, "Combat Baby"*
  • Paramore, "Misery Business"*
  • Phoenix, "Lasso"*
  • Poni Hoax, "Antibodies"
  • Pretty Girls Make Graves, "Something Bigger, Something  Brighter"
  • Queens of the Stone Age, "No One Knows"
  • The Ravonettes, "Last Dance"
  • Rilo Kiley, "Portions for Foxes"*
  • Riverboat Gamblers, "Don't Bury Me...I'm Still Not Dead"
  • Slipknot, "Before I Forget"
  • The Sounds, "Living in America"
  • Tegan & Sara, "The Con"
  • Them Crooked Vultures, "Dead End Friends"
  • Tokio Hotel, "Humanoid"*
  • The Vines, "Get Free"*
  • The White Stripes, "The Hardest Button to Button"*

* = Track will be included with the Nintendo DS version of the game.

It's a pretty impressive set, although how awesomeness like "Caught in a Mosh" and "Midlife Crisis" ended up parked next to "Sister Christian" is completely beyond me. Man, I remember when Night Ranger used to be cool. Rock Band 3 is set for release on October 26 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii and Nintendo DS.

I'm 17, and I only know sounds from the 60s - 80s D:

Still no 'The Touch' or any sort of Anime song, again I shall pass on this game. Mostly because I suck at it, never have friends over, and dont wanna buy the instruments. Now post some news about a generic jrpg to make me and my ps3 feel not so lonely D:

Of all the Phoenix songs they could have picked... why Lasso...

"Them Crooked Vultures, "Dead End Friends""
Didn't they demo it with Caligulove?
otherwise, pretty nice looking setlist.

They found the one Elton John song that could work as part of the playlist. A definate buy for me just from the '60s and '70s.

Why No One Knows of all QotsA songs? Why not Regular John, or How to Handle a Rope, or I'm Designer?

Oh well, at least the game has Midlife Crisis. Love that one.

EDIT: You know, seeing as how many people there are that seem to dislike or outright hate most of the songlists for games like this, why can't they just release a game where you don't get any pre-picked songs, but instead a redeemable code so you can download a set amount of songs for free? Would make people happier.

So many songs used by Guitar Hero games of the past, but I'm still loving this setlist better than Warriors of Rock.

Some decent songs there and some mehs, but u can't expect all to be perfect.

Whoo! Avenged Sevenfold made the cut again! Although it the song that was on Guitar Hero 2... but then again it was the song that got me into the band, so it's still good.

I just hope Free Bird isn't the game's finale, partly because it's already been done and partly because I think it's somewhat overrated.

DO WANT! :D

This game has the best set list since Beatles Rock Band :D

EDIT: IT HAS BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY!

Batjimi:
"Them Crooked Vultures, "Dead End Friends""
Didn't they demo it with Caligulove?
otherwise, pretty nice looking setlist.

I was just about to say that.
Other than that, a decent list. Might be worth looking into.

Impressive. Cant wait for this game to come out.

Not only does it have a decent track list, but with Rock Band 1 and 2's backcatolgue, and all those delicious DLCs, Imma like this.

Cant wait for the Realism mode or whatever the hell their calling it either.

There's a lot of good music on that list. Finally, some Dire Straits for Rock Band, and with the keyboard no less. Hopefully they'll add some more with DLC.

Reveras:
Some decent songs there and some mehs, but u can't expect all to be perfect.

Let's hope they keep the option to import your old library into RB3 to make the set-list worth a damn...

That list sucks...
No Disturbed
No Three Days Grace
No Breaking Benjamin
No Journey
No Boston

But Wait theres freaking Amy Winehouse!

Decent list up to the 1990's, but am I the only one who was severly underwhelmed by the "2000's" songs?

Andy Chalk:

1970s:
Lynyrd Skynyrd, "Free Bird"

1980s:
Anthrax, "Caught in a Mosh"

1990s:
Rammstein, "Du Hast"

2000s:
Avenged Sevenfold, "The Beast & the Harlot"

Wow, it's almost like I played these song in a different game years ago. Yeah, don't at all pick songs like "Gimme Back my Bullets" or "What Doesn't Die" or "Asche zu Asche" or, uhm a better band.

Seems like a fairly good list, but I am surprised at there being no Oasis for the 90's, that band is practically the corner stone of the soundtrack to that decade

It might just be me but I swear half of those songs have been in previous Guitar Hero games.

Jhereg42:
Decent list up to the 1990's, but am I the only one who was severly underwhelmed by the "2000's" songs?

I felt that as well. I presume they'll get lots of good bands to offer DLC.

It always frustrates me to see songs I can play for real appear in Rock Band/Guitar Hero. First Guns 'n' Roses and now HIM and A7X amongst others. Makes for good pranks though.

Does it make me strange that I (born '91), know more songs from the 60s, 70s and to a certain extent 80s than those from the 90s and 2000s from that list?

Hubilub:
Why No One Knows of all QotsA songs? Why not Regular John, or How to Handle a Rope, or I'm Designer?

Because it's waaaaay more popular. And It's still far better than the rest of the dross from the 2000's list.

I just wish they'd put some Strapping young lad or something on it.
But then again I'm not going to play it anyway so I really don't care...

That's actually pretty decent. Nearly every music game I've played has only had about 3 or 4 songs I actually liked before playing the game. I can easily count ten there, from a variety of genres and eras. Should be good, Rock Band 3 could easily be the first music game I buy.

Frank_Sinatra_:
Let's hope they keep the option to import your old library into RB3 to make the set-list worth a damn...

All the existing DLC and tracks will work in Rock Band 3. They're up to around 2000 songs at this point.

wooty:
Seems like a fairly good list, but I am surprised at there being no Oasis for the 90's, that band is practically the corner stone of the soundtrack to that decade

... including Oasis.

Wow, what a fantastic set list, I don't play rockband or guitar hero, but this is the best of the set lists I've seen of any of them.

Someone sure likes Josh homme. With him featuring twice, and they have filter, I never would of guessed that.

Primus finally makes it on, I wonder if it will be the hardest base track yet? It's ridiculous to play irl after all.

Im Nightmare:
That list sucks...
No Disturbed
No Three Days Grace
No Breaking Benjamin
No Journey
No Boston

Not insulting your music taste, but I find it rather amusing how opposite my music taste seems to be to yours, I dislike all of the bands you asked for. :P

Hubilub:

Oh well, at least the game has Midlife Crisis. Love that one.

Because no one knows is pretty much QOTSA's most successful and well known song.
It's not my favourite by QOTSA, but I'd say it's very worthy of being the song chosen.
Besides, stoner rock might be a bit boring to play on rockband so they had to choose something which changes fairly regularly.

Although, I'm designer would of been great, personally I would really enjoy having better living through chemistry.

Well hopefully it will open the flood gates and maybe we can get a 6 pack of Whitesnake for DLC. Then who knows though, I haven't been playing Rock Band for quite a while though.

It really isn't worth getting for just Dio, Ozzy, and Faith No More (especially when I already have two other games with that song in it). And why do they keep reusing songs from older GH/RB games? I know "No One Knows" was on either GH2 or 3, same with "Smoke on the Water", "Free Bird", "I Love Rock N' Roll", possibly the Ramones song, and probably more. Geez Harmonix, way to be lazy. (and before anyone says that GH and RB are different games, I know they are, but Harmonix made GH1&2).

Arcticflame:

Im Nightmare:
That list sucks...
No Disturbed
No Three Days Grace
No Breaking Benjamin
No Journey
No Boston

Not insulting your music taste, but I find it rather amusing how opposite my music taste seems to be to yours, I dislike all of the bands you asked for. :P

You know I was about to say the same thing, lol. Journey and Boston I kinda like, but the other three suck.

They need more Rammstein tracks.

Urrrg.... an OK list i guess. But a 1990s list with no Soundgarden, Pearl Jam or Alice in Chains? Why?

I'd love Space Oddity, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Hey Man, Nice Shot, but most of the really good songs I've already played in Guitar Hero games.

I hate to be "that guy", but HIM no longer actually stands for His Infernal Majesty. Just me being nitpicky about my favorite band.

Not a bad setlist. I mean, its got HIM (and Echo and the Bunnymen. A band I never expected to see), which is an instant buy for me...

Or at least would be if Harmonix hadn't fucked over the vocalists. Still bitter about that.

Samwise137:
It always frustrates me to see songs I can play for real appear in Rock Band/Guitar Hero. First Guns 'n' Roses and now HIM and A7X amongst others. Makes for good pranks though.

I'm the opposite. I love seeing songs my band covers in Rock Band/Guitar Hero. I mean, I can't do a thing but sing, so this way I get to go along with the other instruments. Helps my timing significantly during the real thing.

Scrumpmonkey:
Urrrg.... an OK list i guess. But a 1990s list with no Soundgarden, Pearl Jam or Alice in Chains? Why?

Being fair there are a lot of bands crucial to the 90's that aren't there. Alice in chains is surprising, but then so are omissions like Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, Red hot chilli peppers etc. etc.

No Children of Bodom or Annihilator? I am displeased.

Also, Amy Winehouse? How did that get on Rockband

EDIT: At this point, there should be a Rockband version that contains every song every featured in a rock band game, and then some more.

EDIT2: Judging from some other people's comments, you can already do that. I feel stupid...

Will definitely be getting this.

Its a good set, and a nice selection of songs - Some I question, but made all the better with the sight of Bowie!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.