Resident Evil 6 News Coming Soon, Say Capcom

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Resident Evil 6 News Coming Soon, Say Capcom

Capcom says it wants to get the next Resident Evil game out of the door as soon as possible.

Resident Evil 5 did pretty well for Capcom, so well, in fact, that the company's head of global development Keiji Inafune says that it wants to get Resident Evil 6 on the market as quickly as it can.

Speaking to Spanish site 3DJuegos, Inafune said that Capcom was eager to capitalize on the momentum generated by RE5's sales, and would have news on a sequel soon. There is speculation that Capcom will announce Resident Evil 6 at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show, which begins later this month.

RE5 Producer Jun Takeuchi said last year that he believed that the next Resident Evil would have to reboot the series, but Inafune's comments make it sound like Capcom doesn't want to go messing around with a successful formula. If Resident Evil 6 is indeed imminent, it would be the first high-profile result of Capcom's drive to increase its output of major titles in order to normalize its yearly revenue.

Source: 1up

In following their current policy of no racism in videogames, RE6 will be set in a fictional land filled with invisible people and zombies.

The player will control Generic Male Hero 1(invisible) and Generic Female Heroine 2 (invisible) and fight against hordes of invisible non-denominational zombies (also invisible)

This is interesting, since if I remember correctly, they said before that it would take about 8 years for a new Resident Evil game to hit the market.

Well here's to another hopefully decent game, hurray!

IamQ:
This is interesting, since if I remember correctly, they said before that it would take about 8 years for a new Resident Evil game to hit the market.

Wait, what? They said that? Wow...

OT, eh, I'm honestly not interested to be honest.

I only liked 4 and 5 because of their style, but since I heard that they would not continue making the games that way, that leads me to believe it will go back to the awkward controlled version of the PS1 days and I absolutely hated that.

"Sheva Sheva Sheva Sheva Sheva Sheva Sheva Sheva!" "Chris Chris Chris Chris Chris Chris Chris Chris !" COMOOOOOOOOOOAAAN

Julianking93:

IamQ:

I only liked 4 and 5 because of their style, but since I heard that they would not continue making the games that way, that leads me to believe it will go back to the awkward controlled version of the PS1 days and I absolutely hated that.

Yep, I found a link here: http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2009/03/24/resident-evil-6-could-take-up-to-8-years/

I first heard of it on the Escapist, but I couldn't find the News' thread, so I just googled it.

IamQ:

Julianking93:

IamQ:

Yep, I found a link here: http://www.dpadmagazine.com/2009/03/24/resident-evil-6-could-take-up-to-8-years/

I first heard of it on the Escapist, but I couldn't find the News' thread, so I just googled it.

Shit. Well I guess they've gone back on that.

Good for fans I guess ^-^

You mean Resident Evil 4.2, no doubt.

They'll ride that wagon until it crashes into the milked to death cow they left lying around.

Oh god, maybe they can step away from the whole general zombie thing like they did with RE4. (be honest they weren't zombies, they thought, a hive mind, but there was thought)

Reboot the series please, or I wont be buying another one. RE4 was great, RE5 was slightly less so. The magic of the current set-up has waned for me, personally.

Julianking93:

If anything they should use a new style. Keep the over the shoulder view, ditch the laser and throw in a little more flexibility with the movement. Also... melee combat <3

Azure-Supernova:

Julianking93:

If anything they should use a new style. Keep the over the shoulder view, ditch the laser and throw in a little more flexibility with the movement. Also... melee combat <3

let us run and shoot with less accuracy than standing still and shooting at least. Hell, I would be okay with it not allowing percision aim while moving, just something to defend us with while running around.

that was the major deal-breaker I had for RE5.

Oh please, let them learn from their mistakes. Resi 4 was damn near perfect. If they hadn't felt the need to start fucking around with a winning formula that they obviously didn't fully understand, Resi 5 could have been even more perfect. Just change back all the stupid crap you pulled in Resi 5 and Resi 6 will be the finest game I have ever played, rather than just pretty good.

Please let it be less action and more survival horror. And Please... NO MORE MOTORCYCLE ZOMBIES! (they weren't even zombies....)

I wanna scream yeah I cant wait but RE5 was good but wasnt scary thats what i want. wahhhh

Does anyone really care about resident evil anymore? I mean, the bad acting in the first game was funny, but the gameplay sucked up until RE4. Resident Evil used to be about zombies and evil corporations, now it's about humorless cliches and giant worms that look like they belong in a godzilla film. Besides, THEY KILLED OFF THE MAIN VILLAIN. And Umbrella corp's gone, so what's going to replace that?

I played RE4 on a whim, loved every moment of it.

Played RE5, threw up in my mouth a bit.

RE6?.....I don't think I'll touch it until I see gameplay footage.

Screw RE6, I want to see another Onimusha damnit!

heyheysg:
In following their current policy of no racism in videogames, RE6 will be set in a fictional land filled with invisible people and zombies.

The player will control Generic Male Hero 1(invisible) and Generic Female Heroine 2 (invisible) and fight against hordes of invisible non-denominational zombies (also invisible)

I'm invisible, and offended at the popularization of invisibility in Capcom games!

Ih8pkmn:
THEY KILLED OFF THE MAIN VILLAIN. And Umbrella corp's gone, so what's going to replace that?

I think that's a great excuse to have a fresh new start, shake up the formula a bit and maybe bring back our beloved decaying zombies xD

No, fuck that.

Get back to work on Dead Rising 2. You ruined Resident Evil for me. Just shut up.

If they have ditched Sheva im game. Or ateleast improve the AI if you get a companion. NO DONT USE THE FULL HEAL WHEN I GOT A SCRATCH DAMN IT!

Resident Evil is dead. I lament to say that Resident Evil 5 was one of the worst games I have ever played: The story was terrible, the controls a mere shade of the Resi 4 excellence and the plot twists...? Eugh... Please Capcom. Dead Rising is really good, why not concentrate on that now? Instead of going all George Lucas on something which was once great...

Mornelithe:

I'm with you! The first Onimusha game I ever played was Dawn of Dreams and THAT GAME WAS AMAZING. I went back and played the others--but it was hard having to deal with the stumbles in gameplay that Dawn of Dreams fixed. Onimusha 3 was totally awesome, Jean Reno kicked so much ass.

OT: Like with most people here, I think they should return to Re4 style controls. The differences they made were relatively minor, but enough that it's not nearly as fun. Pluuuuus, Re4 has made me a Leon fanboy so I'd like to see more of him too >_>.

One thing to note is that Re5 is co-op. There's no turning back from here. Capcom won't go ahead and make their next game not co-op, so expect the same in Re6 (I really hope they provide the option to turn off the AI when you want to play by yourself. I hated putting up with Sheva when my friends were busy).

Visulth:

Mornelithe:

I'm with you! The first Onimusha game I ever played was Dawn of Dreams and THAT GAME WAS AMAZING. I went back and played the others--but it was hard having to deal with the stumbles in gameplay that Dawn of Dreams fixed. Onimusha 3 was totally awesome, Jean Reno kicked so much ass.

Wanna see some bullshit? Check this out:

"As for a new Onimusha game, Inafune's response no doubt included more laughter than fans of the series would have liked. The developer said that nobody ever asks him about the series except the Spanish gaming press. He then jokingly suggested that if there is a next episode in the series, it would surely be set in Spain."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6274938.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop%3Btitle%3B1

I live in the US, and in no way affiliated with Spain, whatsoever, and I effin love Onimusha. Damn Japanese developers being out of touch with everyone!

EDIT: Amusingly enough, that exerpt is actually from the conversation Logan's reporting, it's just further along in the interview lol.

My idea: end the Umbrella storyline, keep the shoulder cam, start a brand new story arc with new characters and enemies. Kind of a reboot.

Resident Evil Outbreak File # 3 PLZ!!
Waiting for File#3 is worse than waiting for Half Life: Episode 3, cause valve works on valve time, and Capcom works on gimmick-4-money time.

I'd rather they just re-release Resident Evil 4 with HD graphics for the 360/PS3 :P

If they don't give me back my briefcase, I swear to God, I'm going to be pissed. Tits with guns will not be holding my herbs.

Mornelithe:

Visulth:

Mornelithe:

Wanna see some bullshit? Check this out:

"As for a new Onimusha game, Inafune's response no doubt included more laughter than fans of the series would have liked. The developer said that nobody ever asks him about the series except the Spanish gaming press. He then jokingly suggested that if there is a next episode in the series, it would surely be set in Spain."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6274938.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop%3Btitle%3B1

I live in the US, and in no way affiliated with Spain, whatsoever, and I effin love Onimusha. Damn Japanese developers being out of touch with everyone!

EDIT: Amusingly enough, that exerpt is actually from the conversation Logan's reporting, it's just further along in the interview lol.

They should set it in Japan so we can fight zombie ninjas and zombie samurai.

Midnight Crossroads:

They should set it in Japan so we can fight zombie ninjas and zombie samurai.

Hehe, they're not 'really' zombies though, are they? Infected is more appropriate ;)

Hmm...if they do start soon, then I hope they stick pay attention to RE5's criticism, not just its sell figures. Also, make the game about older BOWs with the over-the-shoulder camera. If they think zombies would be too slow and easy targets, then add in some hunters, lickers, crimson heads, ect.

Edit:

Resident Evil is dead. I lament to say that Resident Evil 5 was one of the worst games I have ever played: The story was terrible, the controls a mere shade of the Resi 4 excellence and the plot twists...? Eugh...

Really? One of the worst? You must be astoundingly good at avoiding actual bad games. Resident Evil 5 was mediocre (especially when compared to some of the greats in the series, such as RE2, RE4, and the REmake), but it is not terrible.

heyheysg:

Or they could just make everyone white, because nothing is ever racist if your white... as long as they don't name zombies a group that actually exist... so, white zombie terrorists living in the middle east country of [Insert Fictional Name Here]-istan.

Can we not go back to old school resident evil?

One playable character, in a scary environment/setting, making the tension rise... etc. Not saying the original Zombies need to make a return, but I honestly think a return to the roots with a modern era twist could work.

Failing that, Resident Evil: Outbreak File #3 for Xbox 360 and PS3 please!

The Jakeinator:
No, fuck that.

Get back to work on Dead Rising 2. You ruined Resident Evil for me. Just shut up.

Someone's a bit mad, eh?

I can't wait to hear more on RE6.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook