Gearbox Owns the Duke

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I'm not really impressed by what I've seen of Duke Nukem Forever at the moment. The Duke has not aged well.

I know I will at least try it. It looked good from the PAX demo.

This news is buckets o' awesome

I saw "game play footage" from the new Duke Nukem and I must say... I looks very meh.

>_>

albino boo:

Andy Chalk:
Gearbox Owns the Duke

Beyond that, it's impossible to say where this non-stop debacle is headed; Gearbox appears to have big plans, referring to DNF ....

DNF doesn't that stand for did not finish?

It's both Duke Nukem Forever and did not finish... sounds just a coincidence right?

Alon Shechter:
lolwtf?!
Nobody owns the Duke!

I see what you did there.

Gearbox will do I guess. I'd expect Epic Games to make it.

Lordmarkus:
It would have felt better with Epic games manning the wheel of such an testosteron packed franschise but I guess Gearbox will do too.

And yet the Ninja...

Well, if anyone can pull off an old school balls-to-the-wall shooter, it's Gearbox.

I mean, they made Borderlands, right?

ilovemyLunchbox:
If you've played Borderlands, you know Gearbox is up to this challenge. They know the sense of humor required to pull off Douk, and they won't take this opportunity lightly.

If anyone should get the rights to this game it's them. If borderlands was any indication gearbox has the best odds out of any studio to pull this game off. I'm not saying it's certian to be amazing but at least they got the best team for the job

Now I want to make a scene with Nukem and Freeman duking it out.

Shycte:
I trust Gearbox with this.

You could trust anyone with it and it would come out sooner than 3DR ever planned. I'm gonna jinx everything and say that Gearbox will go down under by Christmas 2010. Just 'cause I'm that rotten. Nyeh-he-he!

I sincerely hope Gearbox improves the game drastically before releasing it. As it was when I last saw it, it looked like any other gray-brown mediocre shooter in the past few years. Except this one has Duke! It makes the game look, feel and play better almost instantly! /sarcasm

After this game took "Forever" to make, the question we need to ask now is, will this game be designed well enough to LAST "Forever". this game will be in the video game history books, so its up to Gearbox to make this game memorable in Full classic Duke fashion. I cant imagine the pressure they must be under. The IP's reputation is already hanging by a thread. so whatever we get will be a make or brake.

As a huge die hard fan, I sincerely hope Duke gets the revival he needs.

I'm so gonna get that game.

Alon Shechter:
lolwtf?!
Nobody owns the Duke!

Thank you, that was strangely awesome.

Let's hope they dont tone down the setting of Duke Nukem for a lower rating - aside from that, hurray for Duke Nukem :D I loved the hell out of Duke Nukem 3D, even though i was like 10 years below the minimum age to play the game >_>

Turns out gearbox disliked the art style and opted to re skin everything with cell shading... let see if this tactic has enough juice to save 2 games from mediocrity.

HentMas:
AND WHO ELSE REALLY THINK THIS IS JUST THE MOST ELABORATE PRANK IN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF VIDEO GAMES!?

To be honest, that's what I always expect...

Yes, I was playing games in the mid 90s. I would love to purchase your 12 year late game.

seriously, no sarcasim implied I'm so fucking stoaked for this.

If Gearbox owns him, does that mean he can cameo in the next Borderlands? That would be cool.
I was a wee lad when this game was started, so I don't know much about him, all I'm sure about is that he has guns and says one-liners.

So maybe this one won't be the fourteen disc super-game Yahtzee reviewed, but I'll be damned if the next one is not.

Might be wrong, but don't see a single spectacular game under the studio's belt... And I see a good handful of games with horrible design choices. Fortunately, I'm not a Duke fan, so doesn't bother me much :\

After all of these years, I finally realize that Duke Nuken Forever is abbreviated as DNF, which also means Did Not Finish. How did that take me this long?

I am genuinely interested. Gearbox made Opposing Force, a truly worthy addition to the Half Life franchise (Which is saying something), Brothers in Arms, one of the rare Wartime shooters that manage to evoke a feeling besides adrenaline addiction or deep strategic planning, and Borderlands, a top notch coop game on a very short list of most addicting games ive played. And since they own the franchise now, I see no reason to assume that the projects dubious past will have any effect on the game that will come out. I'm optimistic.

The Paradigm:
If Gearbox owns him, does that mean he can cameo in the next Borderlands? That would be cool.
I was a wee lad when this game was started, so I don't know much about him, all I'm sure about is that he has guns and says one-liners.

I can't help but think the 4th DLC will at least mention this somehow. Like there'll be some special place to buy guns, and it has Duke's face on it. Some sort of dialogue... Brick proclaims Duke as his undying hero. Something along those lines.

It still seems unreal to me.
A Duke Nukem game?

One sec, yep, pigs are now flying. I need to buy this even if its bad.

Jumplion:

THE DUKE LIVES!

Wow, I'd never thought I'd see the day. It's a Dukevolution!

The Duke Always RESPAWNS !!

Im gonna buy it, hell I'd midnight launch it.

All I need to do is look at Halo Reach and COD Black ops for all the inspiration I need to buy DNF. Duke is just a fun character, its like the latest Rambo movie, if just fun. Tonnes of mindless violence, stupidly oversized weapons and sexist commentary for one of my favourite voice actors ever.

It probably wont be groundbreaking or seriously polished. But I bet its fun and thats all I care about. This DX3 and Fallout NV are my hope for the shooter genre.

This all reminds me of the time Serenity got made for the Firefly fans. It was like a wish coming true after starring up at a starry night.

Thedutchjelle:
Let's hope they dont tone down the setting of Duke Nukem for a lower rating - aside from that, hurray for Duke Nukem :D I loved the hell out of Duke Nukem 3D, even though i was like 10 years below the minimum age to play the game >_>

I am going to go with "no". As you had to be at least 16 to get into play the game at PAX and there was a reason for that trust me. (At least two reasons)

Epitome:
It probably wont be groundbreaking or seriously polished. But I bet its fun and that's all I care about.

That is kinda the point people often forget. If it is fun then it 'wins'. We play games to have fun after all.

smart move......even if this game is shit sales will go through the roof

I personaly cant wait for the next generic, boring first person sci fi shooter from gear box

....you know i hope for the sake of the FPS genre they at least try somthing new with it

Orcus_35:

Jumplion:

THE DUKE LIVES!

The Duke Always RESPAWNS !!

The Duke is switchin' GEARS and BOXING the fail out !!

Id prefer id owned Duke Nukem. I know them better, and DOOM and Duke Nukem are blood reletives. Plus well...look at Rage. Imagine THAT behind a Nukem game?

Gearbox owns John Wayne?

Well I hope DNF turns out OK, given the development time, I have no idea what to expect.

Jumplion:

THE DUKE LIVES!

Haha I know aye. It's going to be so epic. =D

MattRooney06:
smart move......even if this game is shit sales will go through the roof

I personaly cant wait for the next generic, boring first person sci fi shooter from gear box

....you know i hope for the sake of the FPS genre they at least try somthing new with it

Yeah aye. Hopefully they will have some pretty awesome material. Or at least make it as close to Duke3D as much as possible. Because even though it was a run an gun ego shooter (what game isn't these days), it's still more fun then the shit being pumped out throught the producers automaking machines.

So where the hell is Blood 3? If Monolith is going to keep on with this FEAR and Condemned crap, maybe Gearbox should buy the rights to Blood.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here