Doctor Who's Sonic Screwdriver Tranformed Into Wii Remote

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Doctor Who[/i]'s Sonic Screwdriver Tranformed Into Wii Remote

Doctor Who fans' dreams of owning an affordable sonic screwdriver have finally come true.

If you've always wanted to pretend your television is a Dalek and waggle a sonic screwdriver at it all day long, you're in luck. The BBC has teamed up with Blue Ocean Accessories to produce Doctor Who-themed accessories to go with the Doctor Who videogames coming to the Nintendo Wii and DS.

They aren't slapping Doctor Who's face on a set of cases and calling it a day either. No, any Doctor Who fan that owns a Wii will absolutely have to get his/her hands on Blue Ocean's Doctor Who Wii Remote, which is in the shape and design of a sonic screwdriver. The sonic screwdriver is Doctor Who's iconic tool that he never leaves the TARDIS without.

As if that wasn't enough, DS owners can also get a sonic screwdriver-shaped stylus. And if you did happen to want Doctor Who's face plastered on your DS, there will be slipcases released featuring both he and his current sidekick Amy Pond.

The accessories are reportedly planned for launch in October, just like the upcoming games, though only in Europe far as I can tell. Please just don't think owning them qualifies you to take on a Cyberman.

Source: ONM

Hmm the conflict of my love of doctor who and distrust of any software made for the wii.

I'm not really one for this type of stuff...
But that is rather cool.

Sucks that its only Europe, also it does appear it have a nun-chuck port.

I wants it. Not enough to move to Europe, but throw in some Nutella and some decent beer, and I'll think about it.

I called this about a year ago. I am only shocked it took this long.

heh. I didnt realise 8 year olds were into doctor who.............

I dislike the packaging. Mostly because it makes me think very... Unpure thoughts.

I don't like that season...

Gah. All this talk about Dr. Who annoys me immensely, since I haven't seen a single episode.

I sort of like that it is only released in Europe though. Finally you Americans get a small taste of what it's like over here.

Jonluw:
Gah. All this talk about Dr. Who annoys me immensely, since I haven't seen a single episode.

I sort of like that it is only released in Europe though. Finally you Americans get a small taste of what it's like over here.

All 10 of us who really care though ;)

...if this doesn't come to america I will bitch, loudly, even more loudly than if the ACTA passes.

That is actually very cool. I like it.

Is NOTHING safe from the corporate monster that is Nintendo?

Where is TimeLord?!

He MUST see this!

OT: It's fun if nothing else.

I think I know what I'm getting a friend for Christmas...

I want one. Even if I barely use my Wii, I want one.

Fantastic! Actually a Peripheral for the Wii that I thinks pretty damn cool!

DO WANT!

That's it, I'm hitting up the cousins in England to ship me the lot. Oh, the fangirly fun I shall have (even if it isn't compatible with my Wii...)!

Enough, guys. Not like that. XD

Laser Screwdriver. Who'd have sonic?

Argh, so tempted to get one but I know the game will be lame.... decisions!

Hmm, cute girl + funny shaped gadget; am I the only one who thinks their marketing trick is rather perverse?
If i didn't know Doctor Who i'd might get the wrong impression, especially if i was a parent.

Tom Goldman:
Please just don't think owning them qualifies you to take on a Cyberman.

Duh, it'd have to be gold to take on the Cybermen.

If I can just reverse the polarity of the neutron flow though...

Hell's teeth...I might even consider getting a console...

heavymedicombo:
heh. I didnt realise 8 year olds were into doctor who.............

...even though that's the primary demographic the show is aimed at? Yeah, it's enjoyable for adults too, but it's made with children in mind first and foremost.

Anyway, while I don't much care for the DS decals, I *must* have that stylus. Considering the show is fairly popular here, hopefully us Aussies will still be able to get our grubby little paws on them.

Jonluw:

Son, I am disappoint.

They wouldn't ship it? Wouldn't they like money?

OctalLord:
I dislike the packaging. Mostly because it makes me think very... Unpure thoughts.

You're not alone sir. Must... Resist... Stylus joke...

It's pretty cool. Depending on the price, I might pick it up in the January sales.

Well thats something on amazon.co.uk I'm gonna keep an eye on.

Who looks at a Wii remote and goes "this could be a little more sonic"?

I might consider getting one only for the screwdriver part... I could even use it on a friend's Wii from time to time.

drisky:
Sucks that its only Europe, also it does appear it have a nun-chuck port.

GAAAAAAAAAAH!

Why do they keep all the awesome stuff!?!

I freaking want these!

Quaxar:
Who looks at a Wii remote and goes "this could be a little more sonic"?

Nice one Quaxar!

On topic: Does this mean that gameplay will feature sonicing, i.e. you get one to one control? *trys to stop hopes getting up*.

It sounds cool, I might get the DS game when it comes out but right now I'm happy actually with the Doctor Who Adventure games.

Cool stuff this.. Would like to see it in motion..

PS: I accidentally pressed "report" button on OP when i was aiming for "comment button", i somehow double clicked and messed up..
Sorry Tom Goldman..

Hm, Amy Pond and a wiimote.
Yeah, no impure thoughts there whatsoever.

... oh, the thing? Well I would but I haven't turned on my Wii in over a year...

I suppose the shell would at least be a good collectors item.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Jonluw:

Son, I am disappoint.

That last clip looks familiar... It doesn't air on TV around here tough, so if I was going to watch it, I would have to use the internet, and, frankly, I can't be bothered.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.