Epic Mickey Inks November Release Date

Epic Mickey Inks November Release Date

The retro-modern re-imagining of the world's most famous mouse will be hitting Wiis everywhere this November.

If you've been paying attention, we here at The Escapist are super-psyched for Disney Epic Mickey, Junction Point's new (and yet retro) take on Disney's iconic mascot. Not only is the game itself a blast, not only is the project helmed by a game-design legend, but Mickey loves The Escapist, too!

We've been waiting for a release date for this new title for a while now, and Disney has at last kindly obliged. The entertainment giant confirmed to Eurogamer that the game would be shipping at the end of November around the world.

Europe gets the game first for a change, with a planned release date of November 25th. The UK follows suit on the 26th, and us Yanks (and Canucks) have to wait until November 30th to start slinging around paint and thinner like it's going out of style.

In the meantime, we can always watch the game's intro cinematic - or rather, Unskippable's lampooning of said intro cinematic - to while away the hours.

(Eurogamer)

Could be a reason to dust off the ol' Wii console now...been collecting dust for a while

Sweet. My Xbox360 has been getting some love due to Reach. But once this is out, The Xbox is a dust collector again. I'm getting the collector's edition of it too.

This will be an interesting game to say the least.

I still can't figure out whether I want this game or not.

Ah the Wii. You ARE going to get used before christmas this year...

Wait, My brother is taking you to University?! GOD DAMN IT!!

Calumon: At least we keep the PS3, is that good?

I don't know if this game will be good. It'll be interesting at the least, but it seems like it way get repetitive. Warren Spector being behind it doesn't make me want it more. Seems too similar to Okami for my taste.

Europe gets first release for a change? How refreshing. =D

Anyway, I hope this game turns out to be good. I have recently been playing Deus Ex and I can see why the game has legendary status (and I want to hit myself with a brick for not playing it sooner). Hopefully, some of the philosophy behind that game will shine through Epic Mickey.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here