Capcom Reveals Mega Man Legends 3DS, New 3DS Resident Evil

Capcom Reveals Mega Man Legends 3DS, New 3DS Resident Evil

Capcom added the icing on top of Nintendo's 3DS release date reveal by announcing a long awaited Mega Man title and more Resident Evil in 3D.

Mega Man Legends is back! Capcom has announced that the third entry (not counting The Misadventures of Tron Bonne) in the cult-favorite Mega Man Legends series is not only in development, but coming to the Nintendo 3DS. In addition, Capcom has revealed a new Resident Evil for the 3D handheld called Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D.

Mega Man Legends and its sequel dropped the traditionally 2D Mega Man into a 3D world gave it the gameplay style of an action-RPG. The series was very different than what Capcom had done with the series previously, but had remained in limbo until now due to what were seen as weak sales. Keiji Inafune has referred to it as one of his favorite versions of Mega Man and has been chomping at the bit to bring it back to life.

The game will be called the Mega Man Legends 3 Project, and all Capcom has revealed about it is that "fans will have an opportunity to be part of the development process like never before as they interact directly with the team." Keiji Inafune says Capcom is using a "new style of development" for the title, and that he "wants to make a game for you." Capcom is being very mysterious about it right now, but more information will be released at the New York Comic Con which takes place from October 8-10. Legends 3 along with Mega Man Universe seem to indicate a desire to stray from the typical kinds of Mega Man games that have been released in the past.

As for Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, it'll feature the mercenaries missions from Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, but now they'll be in 3D. Resident Evil's mercenaries missions typically give players a time limit to defeat as many enemies as possible and/or complete other goals while running through a particular environment. Capcom says The Mercenaries 3D will also add new modes and familiar new characters. The best part is that players will also be able to team-up to play the game cooperatively through Wi-Fi anywhere in the world. Along with Resident Evil: Revelations, Capcom now has two Resident Evil titles in development for the 3DS .

Neither game has a release date yet, so it's unsure if Mega Man Legends 3 or Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D will be launch titles for the 3DS. If so, and players somehow have an involvement in the development of Legends 3, Capcom better get moving because the 3DS launch is only five months away.

Awww.... I was really excited for MML3 but now a bit less now since they're making it on a handheld. It's not that I have anything against the 3DS or the DS in general but I just don't like handheld gaming. Sorry... maybe we'll get a good port to a console one day like what devs have done with Kingdom Hearts card game battle system thing... (those titles are all too confusing)

The 3DS just gets more and more amazing.

They better answer how they get Mega Man off the moon. I demand closure if they plan to pursue with this game. After all Roll's mother, Sera and Mega man are all alone on a moon...stranded...one guy...two women...

I wonder how many fanfictions have been written about that...

Well, that's my choice of handheld made up for me.. stupid Capcom blackmailing me with leaving Megaman, Sera, Yuna and Roll's Mum up on Elyisum >.> Did they even have food? One of them still happens to need it. Maybe I'll get a PSP2 eventually, though.

Oh well, MegaMan Legends 3/Rockman DASH 3 - hurrah!

Tenmar:
They better answer how they get Mega Man off the moon. I demand closure if they plan to pursue with this game. After all Roll's mother, Sera and Mega man are all alone on a moon...stranded...one guy...two women...

Tron'd come and get him back, you know it.

GloatingSwine:

With Roll...and then it would be four women on a planet alone with Mega Man...

That's right I'm destroying your minds!

Tenmar:

Nope, I've seen the naughty pictures around the internet, trust me, if they don't explain it well it's all on the internet if you're 18+. OH, and yes, it was awesome, and megaman is still confused.

Tenmar:

None, because Megaman fans are Yaoi Fangirls

*Falls to knees* Thank you Jesus! Now i dont have to hunt down for the PS1 copies of these games!

Man, and just when I ran out of game footage on youtube. Praise be to the gameing Gods!!

I was gonna get a DS for PKMN anyway but then I saw this...

And I wept.

Fuck. YES. I've been waiting a long-ass time for MML3. PRAISE INAFUNE!

...no...

So I have to buy a whole new system to play a game I've wanted since the ps1 days? that ain't happening, I purchased every system this generation I'm tapped out on cash for this generation. I want MM legends 3 on the HD consoles not on 3DS with possible ps1 graphics.

3DS just made my wish list just for megaman legends, I cannot seem to found a good used copy of megaman legends any where only legends 2.

Alright, that's cool and all.

JUST BRING 1 AND 2 TO THE PSN STORE, JACKASSES.

Yes! I really liked Mega Man 64, and now a new game just like that? :D

I was hoping to see the original Mega Man Legends announced for Virtual Console. Make it happen CAPCOM! In the meantime, I'll be looking forward to MML3.

Go go Megaman! Well, just when I thiought all my fristrations could fade away, heh

Wait wait wait wait. THEY'RE ACTUALLY MAKING A SEQUEL?!

Tom Goldman, you have officially made me the happiest man in the world this morning. Thank you.

FINALLY!!! I've been waiting for a third game in the Legends series for years!! I just hope they won't screw this up too bad. I mean, it is a launch title now, or something close to it.

Nicarus:
FINALLY!!! I've been waiting for a third game in the Legends series for years!! I just hope they won't screw this up too bad. I mean, it is a launch title now, or something close to it.

True, but it's also the only launch title that makes me want to buy the 3DS.

MML3 Only on the 3DS? I have nothing against that....but i'm saving up for a gaming PC first....damn....

At the title, I yelled "F yeah!" Then they said 3DS and I cried (not really). I don't have a 3DS and it's exceedingly unlikely that I'll ever get one.

Thank you Capcom, thank you. I've been waiting for this game for the past, what like 10 years? I was going to get the 3DS day one but this has just made my day.

Well, THIS was unexpected! I honestly thought we'd never see the end of the one-of-a-kind MML series! I'm getting this game (and a 3DS) the day it comes out!

Also, I can't wait to see what kind of weird shit the fans will suggest!

Yay, then nay, about sums it up.

I love we are getting Megaman Legends 3, but why the hell are we getting it on the 3DS? Release it on the frakkin Wii for gods sake if you're going with Nintendo.

Tenmar:

GloatingSwine:

Nah, see I don't see Roll or Tron as the sharing type. Megaman wouldn't stand a chance in the all out mecha war which would swiftly erupt.

Tenmar:

GloatingSwine:

Not really. Legends 2 already has a scene where you can make Mega Man walk in on Roll in the bathtub/shower (you don't get to see anything in-game but your mind fills in the blanks), complete with Mega Man doing a fist pump in celebration.

Although to be fair, in Legends, they aren't brother and sister so it's not so creepy.

Anyway hurray for Legends 3! But yeah, probably not a 3DS launch title, booo. :(

Well, never bought a system for a single game. Till now, anyway. Booya, MML3!

Another game with Ms. Tronne Bonne in it? SOLD!

Hell yes. The game is fantastic once you get past the terrible dialogue/voice acting/cutscenes.

Favorite part of the game was just running around in the tunnels, looking for parts to bring back to the truck to see what kind of cool arm attachment I'd get for it. And then I'd be disappointed that the cat I picked up was just a gimmick to make Roll happy, and not a potential weapon.

I hope those are not the final energy meter designs, because they look oddly phallic.

The one on the left is named Shaq.

no second analog stick.

I can see 3D gaming camera controls being something hectic like PSP was

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook