8-Bit Parody of Cee Lo's "F**k You" Has Got Soul

8-Bit Parody of Cee Lo's "F**k You" Has Got Soul

The Nintendo 8-bit console is a spurned lover in a parody of Cee Lo's "F**k You" song: "If I were Sega, I'd still be with ya."

I certainly let out a giggle or two when I first watched the video for Cee Lo's "Fuck You" with its explicit lyrics and animated titles. Even the official video was pretty entertaining, if only because it confirmed that Cee Lo looked exactly as i imagined him. The original song had a videogame reference with the line, "I guess he's Xbox, and I'm more Atari," but chiptune composer Inverse Phase decided to take that one step farther.

With only the tones available through an 8-bit music processor, the titles of "F___ed 6502" are written from the point of view of a Nintendo console. What do you think it felt like when you moved on to the Sega Genesis?

Here's a snippet:

I pity the fool
That's playing games with you

Backup singers: (Oh shit you play Street Fighter)

Well

(better get yo' moves tighter)

Oooooh

I got some news for you

Yeah, and go throw your damn hadokens.

Clever stuff, and kudos to Inverse Phase for keeping the soulful flavor of the song intact with only the sounds available on NES.

Awwww, wasn't that adorable?
Really cool NES remade. ^.^

It's nice and all, but nothing beats the original.

NOTHING!

Allowing users to put popup captions on youtube vids that fill half the screen was a really stupid idea. STOP WITH THE MESSAGE BOXES WHILE I'M READING SHIT ON YOUR VID.

That was adorable and kind of sad at the same time. I'm a huge sucker for chiptunes.

Dear god, could he have made those text boxes any bigger?

Other then that the song is great. I'm just gonna pretend the original doesnt exist

Hearing the original made listening to this a lot better and yet I still love both.

Hehe - Epic. Love 8 Bit thatre, in all its glory

I heard that the other day and haven't been able to get it out of my head.

That is far too brilliant for words. I love the original so making it chiptune style was always likely to be a winner in my book, even without the parody lyrics.

Genius.

All I can say is...

Ophiuchus:
That is far too brilliant for words. I love the original so making it chiptune style was always likely to be a winner in my book, even without the parody lyrics.

Genius.

Agreed :D

And after watching this video I shall now go listen to Fuck You, because that song is friggin awesome.

This is absolutely...

I love this! I now want to share it with the world!

I cannot stop listening to this madness. I love the original and I love this just as much.

Cherry Cola:
It's nice and all, but nothing beats the original.

NOTHING!

icyneesan:
Dear god, could he have made those text boxes any bigger?

Other then that the song is great. I'm just gonna pretend the original doesnt exist

you guys do know you can disable those by clicking the turn off annotations button right?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here