Lego Pokemon Artist Trying to Make 'Em All

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Lego Pokemon Artist Trying to Make 'Em All

When Lego and Pokemon collide, everybody wins.

Filip Johannes Felberg is a Flickr user known for creating lots of different items out of Lego, but forget all that because now he's doing the most important work of his life. Felberg's latest project is to create tons and tons of different Pokemon.

He's got to make them all. At least, I think he should. Felberg has nearly 40 Pokemon Lego creations under his belt to this day, so he's got a long way to go.

Starting off with everybody's favorite Pikachu, Felberg quickly moved on to others such as Jigglypuff and Koffing. I personally think his skills are improving as he moves along too, with more recent creations like Ghastly even using see-through bricks.

So now we know that Lego Pokemon needs to get into development alongside Lego Mega Man. Felberg is ideally posting four new Lego Pokemon per week, so keep an eye on his Flickr account to check out future creations.

Source: Game Informer

Just went through his whole gallery, it's pretty damn impressive, wonder where he gets all the pieces. Is it possible to make custom piece orders off the lego website or something o.O

some of them are good
while some of them are just weird
seriously look at eeves eyes

Looked at 'Em All, they're really impressive. Must have taken ages to do each of them.

Most impressive. The guy's got some skills. This makes me nostalgic for the old days when I used to play with Legos all the time. *sigh* Then was a simpler time, when all you needed were some colorful bricks to forget your troubles...

wow, is he going to do all 649? that's dedication.

Some of them are pretty cool, some could be better.
I am wondering why Venonat is just a cube when he made the effort to make Koffing and sphere, that being said I would never have to the patients to make as may as he has done.

Freedomario:

there aren't 649 you silly person.
there are only 151.

that's AMAZING, someone is either very talented or has too much free time

Hopefully Nintendo doesn't come into his house and smash all his figures

Ghastly looks scary O_O

Quite cool though

If I had the time and the bricks... I'd be making much worse ones.

Mister Benoit:
Just went through his whole gallery, it's pretty damn impressive, wonder where he gets all the pieces. Is it possible to make custom piece orders off the lego website or something o.O

Lego actually offers a piece of software that allows you to construct models digitally. You can then place an order when you're finished (price is determined by adding up the cost of the pieces + shipping and handling.)

The more complex fan-made sets are usually built using that method, though these look small (and simple) enough that someone could probably make them by hand if they had the pieces.

Pretty cool

although i bet this has already been done with every single pokemon in minecraft :P

Sounds great, but DAMN if it's not going to be difficult.

Awesome!!!! Checked out the gallery and it's pretty damn impressive. Wish I could make something like that, shame I don't have any patience.

He even made a Togepi! :D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4875799728/in/photostream/

Now make me an Arcanine!!

PureChaos:
that's AMAZING, someone is either very talented or has too much free time

Or both. It's still cool.

HAHA thanks cool!

just looked at his flickr pics, and they all look pretty good.

If this guy did decide to all the Pokemon including the Black/White ones, he deserves a prize. Btw, I like his Lego Pokemon. It's cute.

Neat! Maybe he'll be approached by Lego to design them as new sets they can sell... Haha, no. Lego would just copy his Lego Sculptures and design the rest themselves. Its a cool idea but he has a long, long way to go. He probably will never get finished as the games keep getting released.

I uh...sang the Pokemon theme song as I went through the gallery. Pretty nifty.

Let's face it, the first 150 Pokemon were the best ones and the second series of Pokemon which came after were OK and acceptable, but now they're just random shapes and colours basically.

This made me happy. I wanna dig up my Pokemon Yellow cartridge now.

His Staryu is mind-bogglingly awesome.

I couldn't help but notice his flickr account has all the thumbnails lined up in their actual numerical order...

I miss pokemon's original hayday :(

Cool, he has the same first name as me.

Yay! Lego Togepi made me 'squeee' ever so slightly.

Also, I (aesthetically and performance-wise) actually prefer some of the third and 4th gen 'mons to many of the 1st and 2nd gen (definitely the 4th gen starters! Except Infernape. I just don't like monkeys.) Not so many of the 5th gen though...

Freedomario:

Holy crap it jumped that high now? I don't think he will ever finish, what with all the new ones keep popping up.

OT: I'm not sure whether I should feel depressed about his lack of a life, or amazed at his badassery.

Thats awesome! I want one on my desk at work to scare and awe co-workers alike!

Kangaskhan looks like it has balcony on it's belly. But otherwise great stuff

How is he going to make the stupidly complicated 4th Gen legendaries, if he gets that far?

Lots of awesome dedication. Do like.

Wow. That guy is cool. :) It will take him a while to finish, but it will be awesome when he does.

Dr. Manhattan:
Let's face it, the first 150 Pokemon were the best ones and the second series of Pokemon which came after were OK and acceptable, but now they're just random shapes and colours basically.

Look at my avatar. And compare it to Jynx. Which one looks better? And take off the nostalgia glasses.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here