Atlus Throws Birthday Party for Demon's Souls

Atlus Throws Birthday Party for Demon's Souls

Atlus takes any opportunity to hold in-game Demon's Souls events, and the hardcore RPG's birthday is no exception.

Atlus is celebrating Demon's Souls' birthday this week, which was released one year ago in North America. After selling enough copies to make it into the PlayStation 3's "Greatest Hits" line, Atlus has announced that its demon baby is the most successful game in the company's history.

Atlus USA only published the From Software-developed Demon's Souls in North America, as opposed to other franchises like Shin Megami Tensei: Persona that are created by its Japanese parent, but that doesn't make much of a difference thanks to the hundreds of thousands of copies the PS3 exclusive sold. In Atlus USA's nearly twenty year history, not a single title has been more successful than Demon's Souls.

To celebrate, Atlus is holding two tendency events for Demon's Souls players to enjoy in October. From now until October 18, online players will be able to take advantage of a pure white tendency, while the rest of October will be pure black. For those that have no clue what Demon's Souls is, a pure tendency will unlock secret enemies and events not found during normal play, and they also make foes either extremely hard or extremely easy with appropriate rewards.

Atlus thanks everyone that bought Demon's Souls for "touching the demon" inside them. Unfortunately, Atlus won't likely get its hands on the Demon's Souls spiritual sequel Project Dark, because it's reportedly being published worldwide by Namco Bandai in 2011, but at least it was able to bring the awesome first game to waves and waves of masochistic North American gamers.

Sounds awesome. I still need to get Demon Souls regardless of how hard it is. (Still hard to believe Demon Souls and 3D Game Dot Heroes are the same devs!)

I just can't get into Demon's Souls. Too much of a timesink, and I've got other games on my plate. By the time I can get to it, the servers will be dead. I bought it when I got my PS3, though.

Go Atlus! Hopefully this will make you a more successful all around publisher in the West.

So happy. :D

Yeah and Project Dark better stay with Namco Bandai. Those fuckers at Atlus didn't release Demon's Sousl in Europe at all TT

If it wasn't for NB Europe would never have gotten it.

GeneticallyModifiedDucks:
Yeah and Project Dark better stay with Namco Bandai. Those fuckers at Atlus didn't release Demon's Sousl in Europe at all TT

If it wasn't for NB Europe would never have gotten it.

Well no duh they didn't, its called Atlus USA for a reason. >.>

O sweet. This will be nice for people making new characters.

I wouldnt mind getting this. Iv heard some good things about it.

OMG!!! I bought Demon's souls 2 weeks ago and I was getting frustrated over the world tendency requirements being so damn annoying. Couldn't have asked for better news! Platinum trophy, here I come!!!

I'm actually not too happy about this. I just started playing recently. I'm still trying to learn the basics and whatnot, and now they want to really confuse me by changing all the shit up on me. I'll just be leaving my copy of Demon's Souls on the shelf until November when it goes back to normal so I don't get any more confused than I already am.

SalamanderJoe:
Sounds awesome. I still need to get Demon Souls regardless of how hard it is. (Still hard to believe Demon Souls and 3D Game Dot Heroes are the same devs!)

They aren't, actually. Demon's Souls was developed by From Software, but 3D Dot Game Heroes (you got both game titles wrong BTW) was only published by From Software in Japan. It was actually developed by Silicon Studio.

Hmmm, maybe it's time to take another trip to ol' Boletaria.

Second greatest game of all time (losing to OOT).

I love this game. Happy Birthday Demon's Souls. May Project Dark be as great as you are.

mjc0961:
I'm actually not too happy about this. I just started playing recently. I'm still trying to learn the basics and whatnot, and now they want to really confuse me by changing all the shit up on me. I'll just be leaving my copy of Demon's Souls on the shelf until November when it goes back to normal so I don't get any more confused than I already am.

SalamanderJoe:

They aren't, actually. Demon's Souls was developed by From Software, but 3D Dot Game Heroes (you got both game titles wrong BTW) was only published by From Software in Japan. It was actually developed by Silicon Studio.

The game is actually easier in white world tendancy (enemies do less damage and have less health) but you don't get as many souls. Other then that and odd new event in different worlds, their is no change.

I loved the time I spent playing Demon's Souls, though now it got a bit glitchy on me and it's hard to get back in after spending so much time away from it. Regardless, I'm eagerly anticipating the "Project Dark" thing (I think it's called that), it looks very similar to Demon's Souls and that's not bad thing my any means.

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to Demon's SoUGHKKK(crunch)...
*killed mercilessly by random trap out of nowhere*

I am sooo taking this chance to harvest colorless soul gems.
Also, while it's in white, I can't power level. Dawwwwww.
At least when it turns black I'll e an easier time when invading worlds.
Yes, I''m one of them

Well done everyone. We managed to get a non-casual game past what is probably the most overrated series of all time.

Shin Megami Tensei

Any chance that we can get a sequel?

Disregard. Double post.

mjc0961:

SalamanderJoe:

Curses! So many company names appear before 3D Dot Game Heroes its mad.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here