Capcom Reveals How You'll Make Mega Man Legends 3

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Capcom Reveals How You'll Make Mega Man Legends 3

The power to help create Mega Man Legends 3 is now in the hands of anyone with the ability to click.

When the long awaited Mega Man Legends 3 was finally announced by Capcom for the Nintendo 3DS, there was a bit of mystery involved with its development process. Capcom's Keiji Inafune said that Mega Man fans would influence it somehow, but didn't reveal specifics. Now we know exactly how it'll work.

Capcom announced the creation of the Mega Man Legends 3 Project community developer room today as the portal through which anyone can influence the creation of the game. Visitors to the website will be able to vote on various aspects of design and the most popular will make their way into the game.

For example, the first vote taking place right now concerns Legends 3's heroine. Nine designs have been submitted by popular Capcom artists including Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune himself. He'll be sad if you don't choose his. Each is accompanied by a message from the artist, so the developer room holds plenty of fan service.

Will you choose the heroine with the poofy green dress or the girl wearing the helmet of classic enemy Met? It's all up to you. More features are said to be coming to the developer room in the future, so it may get even more involved than votes and forum discussions. This is a pretty cool way to let fans have an influence on Mega Man without totally ruining it.

Source: Capcom Developer Room

This is a great idea, and a terrible one at the same time.

I'll be voting for her...

Vote Shinsuke Komaki!

Right now Sensei Harukis indian cowgirl is winning, with about 32-33% of the votes.

Personally I loved the design of Itou, Kaji, Higurashi, and Nakayama. Komakis is good too.

The poll reflects my thoughts on it. I thought the two best designs were Suetsugu and Komaki. I went with Suetsugu because I feel his design is simple yet elegant. The character's outfit isn't too flashy, but it still has personal flair, and would be something I could see a megaman female heroin wearing.

Some of these girls need to put on some clothes.

Onyx Oblivion:

How unfair, people will come into the thread scroll down a little, and boom. Hynotoaded before they can look at any of the other designs.

tetron:

How unfair, people will come into the thread scroll down a little, and boom. Hynotoaded before they can look at any of the other designs.

And that's a bad thing? :3

Korias:

tetron:

And that's a bad thing? :3

I would thiAll glory to the Hypnotoad.

So we won't play as Mega man? Oh well, at least there's a sequel at all.

OT: Maybe I just don't understand Japanese culture, but most of those designs look really dumb to me.

HAYATO KAJI
Nuff said

Extreme Battle Network fan!

I'm still pissed this is a 3DS exclusive, I wanted a sequel for ages and this isn't want I was expecting. ARGH. I'm not buying a 3DS just for this game.

I'd first like them to clarify what they mean by "Heroine". There's already Roll. Inafune's design in particular looks somewhat "Roll"-esque.

EDIT: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! :D

Kazushi Itou due to not having goggles like most of the others.

Snotnarok:
I'm still pissed this is a 3DS exclusive, I wanted a sequel for ages and this isn't want I was expecting. ARGH. I'm not buying a 3DS just for this game.

Neitehr am I. I'm buying a 3DS for this, MGS3, Kingdom Hearts, the new Kid Icarus, the inevitable Kirby games, Star Fox, the inevitable Fire Emblems, and Golden Sun.

I don't know who to vote for. I like almost all of them. Itou, Suetsugu, Higurashi, Inafune, Nakayama and Komaki are all pretty good designs in my eyes. I don't know which one to pick.

Zeromaeus:

Snotnarok:

Neitehr am I. I'm buying a 3DS for this, MGS3, Kingdom Hearts, the new Kid Icarus, the inevitable Kirby games, Star Fox, the inevitable Fire Emblems, and Golden Sun.

I don't know who to vote for. I like almost all of them. Itou, Suetsugu, Higurashi, Inafune, Nakayama and Komaki are all pretty good designs in my eyes. I don't know which one to pick.

Lucky you that you have a reason for it then, I'm not a fan of those titles, especially not Kingdom Hearts, I've got a few choice words that I wont use.

Tom Goldman:
Nine designs have been submitted by popular Capcom artists including Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune himself. He'll be sad if you don't choose his.

Well I don't want him to be sad so I'll choose his, if only because none of them are that appealing to me so why not vote based on that.

Zeromaeus:

There is no Golden Sun for 3DS right now. If you were thinking of Dark Dawn, that's a regular DS game.

Onyx Oblivion:

Same. Unfortunately, she's not in first place. :(

We'll need the help of the Hypnotoad in order to bring her to first place!

Hmm. I would have to go for Higurashi's design first with Kaji and Komaki at a close second.

Zeromaeus:

There is no Golden Sun for 3DS right now. If you were thinking of Dark Dawn, that's a regular DS game.[/quote]

My DS is almost dead. As in, I give it another year before the screen has finished dying. I've used and abused it enough that I must move on, even for current gen games.

Snotnarok:

Zeromaeus:

Snotnarok:

Lucky you that you have a reason for it then, I'm not a fan of those titles, especially not Kingdom Hearts, I've got a few choice words that I wont use.

I'm sorry you don't enjoy those games. I find them quite amusing. They don't hold a very solid story, but I see it all in good fun. Ah, well, to each their own.
You don't like Metal Gear Solid though? I could've sworn I've seen your avatar in MGS threads. My mistake I guess.

Also, as far as the vote goes, I've narrowed it down mentally to the top right corner, the bottom right corner, the bottom left corner, and the girl that looks like Zero.

Wow, they're going to introduce a new protagonist? Looks like Mega Man's gonna have to get used to being stuck on Elysium...

Zeromaeus:
Snip-tastic

I'm surprised you or anyone notices me posting haha. MGS is a great series but I really only played 4, the others I watched because I'm not good with stealth games. Hell back when MGS 2 was out I was trying to play it, I remember being like a foot from my TV , mouth on the bridge of the controller breathing hard and heart pounding saying "don't find me don't find me don't find me!!!". I enjoy the games but more from an observing point of view, less stress on my heart.

Again it's not enough to get me to get it, I'm not bashing the DS or 3DS, I've just never really gotten the full enjoyment out of them because I like the option to put the game on the TV or whatever. With these dual screen devices most games simply couldn't be done on the TV, especially not with the 3d technology in it. You can do this with GB,GBC,GBA,PSP but not DS or 3DS. Not to mention the touch screen stuff, something else I'm not a fan of.

That's just my personal gripe with the units, nothing to do with Nintendo or anything, proof being I freaking LOVE the GBA, best handheld ever seriously. I dunno, I want MML3 badly, I was just hoping it'd be on more than one console so anyone could enjoy it.

busterkeatonrules:
Wow, they're going to introduce a new protagonist? Looks like Mega Man's gonna have to get used to being stuck on Elysium...

"Heroine" doesn't mean protagonist. Besides, they'd be idiots to switch the main character from, y'know, Megaman Trigger himself.

Snotnarok:

Zeromaeus:
Snip-tastic

I'm surprised you or anyone notices me posting haha. MGS is a great series but I really only played 4, the others I watched because I'm not good with stealth games. Hell back when MGS 2 was out I was trying to play it, I remember being like a foot from my TV , mouth on the bridge of the controller breathing hard and heart pounding saying "don't find me don't find me don't find me!!!". I enjoy the games but more from an observing point of view, less stress on my heart.

Again it's not enough to get me to get it, I'm not bashing the DS or 3DS, I've just never really gotten the full enjoyment out of them because I like the option to put the game on the TV or whatever. With these dual screen devices most games simply couldn't be done on the TV, especially not with the 3d technology in it. You can do this with GB,GBC,GBA,PSP but not DS or 3DS. Not to mention the touch screen stuff, something else I'm not a fan of.

That's just my personal gripe with the units, nothing to do with Nintendo or anything, proof being I freaking LOVE the GBA, best handheld ever seriously. I dunno, I want MML3 badly, I was just hoping it'd be on more than one console so anyone could enjoy it.

I can understand that. I've been waiting ten years for this just as you probably have, and if it had been announced only for, let's say, the PS3 I'd have been pissed.

Why are they doing is? D:
Roll is all they need and nothing more. Hmph!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah....I was Kinda hoping they'd at least go PSP or maybe still PS2...but DS?

It's been too long since Megaman Legends 2 came out and Megaman Legends 1 was the best in my Opinion.

BTW Keiji Inafune!!!

Secondly I think Yahtzee put it best, but what is it with Japanese Teenagers dressing like they ran head first into a Dumpster filled with Clothing articles from Hot Topic and an S&M fetish shop!?!

Zeromaeus:

Snotnarok:

Zeromaeus:
Snip-tastic

I can understand that. I've been waiting ten years for this just as you probably have, and if it had been announced only for, let's say, the PS3 I'd have been pissed.

It should be on PS3, and 360, and 3DS, PSP, it should be on bloody everything! It's Megaman Legends for god sakes!

Snotnarok:

Zeromaeus:

Snotnarok:

Zeromaeus:
Snip-tastic

It should be on PS3, and 360, and 3DS, PSP, it should be on bloody everything! It's Megaman Legends for god sakes!

Amen to that. If we were talking in the flesh, I'd buy you a beer. And by buy, I mean I'd go to my dad's house and bring a case of beer. Then I'd drink water. I hate beer.

Seriously though, it should at the very least be on the three main consoles instead of just on the one mobile device that hasn't been released yet.

Ryuji Higurashi :D
I like her goggles!

None of em

Roll and Tron Bonne all the way!

busterkeatonrules:

If this is the case. Damn. Storywise, Capcom really hates the Mega-Men.

The Original will always, always get tricked by Dr. Wily (although this is supposed to be funny).

The successor to the Original, X

And this Volnutt Character is

I just saw Keiji Inafune's drawing. He really likes pony tails and red, doesn't he?

Tarsuya Yoshikawa's design on the left is my favourite.

Megaman... Legends... 3... announced?

*goes to throw a party*

Pfft.

The real heroine will always be Tron.

This is off suject, but...

DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT!!!

I want to be part of the development team soo bad, but I don't know any japanese.

Ever since I was little, I've been making gaming schematics based on the megaman legends series. Granted, I knew that they could never come to life. But there's actually a chance that I can lend a hand to this development (as said so on the site)and I don't fit the requirements. It's like fate was taunting me!

AAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!

OT:I would choose the one on the top left. I like how she's drawn.

Either that or the one on the mid-left. She looks like a female Zero :)

God, this is one of the many reasons I hate anime.

um... I vote for... Megaman? /gasp I know... crazy... having megaman as the main character of a megaman game...

I really think Inafune's character is the best, but Suetsugu's character is also pretty adorable. Probably a lot of votes just going towards that cheerful smile.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here