Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition Comes With Art, Soundtrack, and Gun

Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition Comes With Art, Soundtrack, and Gun

An online listing has revealed a Dead Space 2 bundle that is tooled up and loaded for bear.

The necromorphs of the Dead Space games are tricky beasts, because you need a very particular tool to prune their limbs and take them out. An axe or sword would do it, but you need to get awfully close to the monster to use them. Thankfully, the collector's edition of Dead Space 2 gives you access to a plasma cutter both inside and outside the game so you can battle off necromorphs if they try to jump you in the kitchen.

The listing for the collector's edition briefly appeared on Amazon, along with a picture, but was swiftly removed from the site. As well as the replica plasma cutter and the copy of the game, the collector's edition contains a CD soundtrack, a piece of Dead Space art and some exclusive downloadable content. Unfortunately, there's no word on how much the bundle will cost, but going off what publishers have charged for other collector's editions, assuming a price tag of around $100 seems like a safe bet.

Admittedly the picture of the plasma cutter is rather small, but from what I can tell it looks like a pretty detailed replica. Of course, this could turn out to be another Arkham Asylum situation, where the included batarang was cheap and disappointing, but hopefully the plasma cutter will just as cool as you might hope.

Dead Space 2 is scheduled for release for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on January 25th.

Source: Examiner via Eurogamer

looks cool, might pre-order it. :) Though that wont be for awhile.

Totally getting thsi! Plasma Cutter ALL RIGHT!

Wow this looks badass.

Hope it comes to the UK, I'll try and get it!

Please. Can I have? Please?

*starts to frantically look for a place to pre-order*

*fails*

*grunts..*

On the one hand: Totally awesome and I want it!
On the other hand: Yay, another game I want on release =_= *puts on already mile long wish list*

Major problem!! Gamestation and GAME stores in the UK will not sell anything that has realistic guns included. We had to stop orders for the Bayonetta model that came with her guns for this reason. So EA...sort it out now.

SalamanderJoe:
Major problem!! Gamestation and GAME stores in the UK will not sell anything that has realistic guns included. We had to stop orders for the Bayonetta model that came with her guns for this reason. So EA...sort it out now.

Technically it's a power tool. Doesn't even looks that much like a gun.

If not, hey there's always play.com or something.

If the Plasma Cutter is a good quality, this is one collectors edition I would actually consider.

If it's full size (unlike the Scaroborough Fair I got with Bayonetta) then I'm definitely getting it!

WANTWANTWANTWANTWANT!

That Plasma Cutter looks AWESOME!!!

Aw, that looks badass. I don't buy collector's editions though. Oh well.

*sigh*

God damn it.

I'm buying this.

Sennz0r:
On the one hand: Totally awesome and I want it!
On the other hand: Yay, another game I want on release =_= *puts on already mile long wish list*

Amen, here in Ireland,in one week, around 3 titles come out at once, and my fund can only afford one......

Have only bought one Collector's Edition game for my Xbox (Mass Effect 2). The stuff with this looks phenomenal, the Plasma Cutter especially. If it's brought out in the UK I will consider, despite already preordering the standard edition at GAME. Didn't have to pay a deposit though, so it can easily be cancelled.

This better come to the UK or I am going to RAGE.

Looks very, very awesome though. Me wants it!

The plasma cutter is enough to actually make me wanna buy a collectors edition for once.

January can't come soon enough. The first Dead Space was fucking awesome. I want this so much now.

probably cost too much and that plasma cutter looks a little small ... pitty T_T

*squints at dlc picture* o_o ... Isaac unatolagist something something something and a picture of armour possibly the advanced suit but with bits highlighted in red. hmm

That's pretty awesome... I really want this... Well, there's another $100 down the drain because this looks too cool to pass up. 2011 is going to leave me broke.

Aw man, I just may succumb to the temptation...

I rarely preorder games, let alone Collector's Editions, so this is quite a conundrum indeed...

Dude the plasma cutter looks freaking sick.

If they have those in the shops when the game comes out I might actually get this. :D

Sadly the UK will almost certainly not have this one as an option.

EDIT: I am partially correct. So far only the PS3 has one announced, and it comes with everything but the gun.

I never understand this, do the publishers thing Non-Americans won't like this sort of stuff? We do, I assure you.

Holy shit, I want that Plasma Cutter. Does the head shift by itself or do we have to shift it ourselves? Either way it is totally sick.

My parents actually pre-ordered this for me as a Christmas present. It looks freakin' sweet.

SalamanderJoe:

Funny how they don't seem to have a problem selling anime women statues but fake guns that look nothing like actual real ones are a big no-no.

Baaahhh!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here