Duke Nukem Forever Having Drinks With Yahtzee

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Duke Nukem Forever Having Drinks With Yahtzee

Gearbox will be showing off Duke Nukem Forever at Yahtzee's Mana Bar this week.

There has never been a better time to take a vacation to Australia. Not only is Yahtzee's Mana Bar a high class establishment where you can have a few drinks and play videogames, but now Gearbox is going to show off Duke Nukem Forever at the watering hole for the very first time in Australia.

The Mana Bar is located in Brisbane and opened earlier this year. It was said the bar would be holding special videogame events, and it has been, but this might be the biggest yet.

Gearbox first revealed that it had taken over and was actually releasing Duke Nukem Forever at the Penny Arcade Expo 2010 after years and years of the game being stuck in the muck. Not only was the game announced, but it was also playable.

This week, Australians will get their first crack at the latest game to feature the Duke when Gearbox brings Duke Nukem Forever to the Mana Bar on October 16. It'll be playable by anyone on five screens from midday to midnight. There will also be 2K Games prize packs given away, and Yahtzee himself is going to host a Q&A with Gearbox top dog Randy Pitchford. If you couldn't make it to PAX, and you don't live in Australia, the next chance for you to play Duke Nukem Forever might not be until the demo comes out.

The concept of the Mana Bar was announced to be expanding through Australia and internationally in August, but it's not happening nearly fast enough. With events like this, I need one in my local town now.

BASTARDS! Come to Canada! I really just want to see the mana bar one day

At first I thought the voice actor dropped by and had drinks with the hat-wearing cynic. But this is way more awesome. We need a Mana Bar in Sweden, now!

Why doesn't Yahtzee live in Melbourne?! I'm not getting a chance to visit the Mana bar until November! Woe is me. :(

I need my Duke fix.

They do know about this, right? Or are they doing this solely to make awkward conversations with the manager?

Haha! Nice! One way to certainly keep it high on the map! Fantastic!

The Gentleman:
They do know about this, right? Or are they doing this solely to make awkward conversations with the manager?

Most likely.

...The Irony is amazing.

I REALLY want him to review the complete game next year.

I'm trying to be apathetic about Duke Nukem Forever, I really am, but Gearbox is putting such a good foot forward that it's hard not to be infected by their enthusiasm. They've already shown they can do good comedy with Borderlands, so hopefully Duke Nukem can be sharp and fun without seeming stupid or irrelevant.

Arkhangelsk:
At first I thought the voice actor dropped by and had drinks with the hat-wearing cynic. But this is way more awesome. We need a Mana Bar in Sweden, now!

Agreed. Let's have one set up in Gävle!

Mana Bar in Manchester. Come on. We can bomb 5th Ave so you can have that spot. Shit hole.

That Q & A better get recorded, or so help me god.

It's a shame I'm in Melbourne and not Brisbane... :(

I might drop by, if I can work around that "being on the oposite side of the world" issue. Will there be accusations of corruption if ZP gives it a favourable review?

Well, its a fitting place to have it seeing as Yathzee already has reviewed the game, and since Australian people dont get to see every game coming out due to politicians beeing utterly retarded..

Expand the Mana Bar to Perth in two years and I'll be there.

Well this took me be surprise. I just hope someone records and uploads the highlights of this unusual event.

Hopefully they tape it and put it on the internet.

Ah who am I kidding, someone will definitely put it on youtube.

I hope.

Yahtzee is going to rip them a new one for taking so long isn't he?

Come to Preston!

And also, may have to book a flight to Australia soon...

The place to demo DNF could not be any more ironic...or fitting

I guess this is how you know when you've made a name for yourself in industry when they start doing well publiced events in your side projects. Good on Yahtzee and his business partners.

Cripe, he really is the final boss of the internet.

A bit annoying with that misleading title, really.

Brisbane is a terrible location
taste that? that's bitter envy...

so who wants to pay for my ticket to Brisbane?

JediMB:

Arkhangelsk:

No, Stockholm!

Hahaha; Yahtzee you silly bugger; I have a feeling Gearbox might be thinking along these lines; 'Make fun of Duke Nuke'Em Forever when it's "canceled" why don't you? Well, have this A-bomb on your store!'

You all probably think I'm mad. I live 15 minutes drive from the mana bar, and have absolutely no interest in going to this :P

Also, it's really more like 'Yug's Mana Bar'...poor Yug always in Yahtzee's shadow =(
(give yug a hug)

I had a laughter attack unlike any other when I read the headline to this. Given the past history between DNF and Yahtzee...this decision is beyond epic. But yeah...we'll see how it goes when it does happen I suppose. Mana bar is the mana bar in the end, it's its own beast. But still...the implicated irony is too hilarious.

Clever advertising strategy.
Pity I don't live in Australia; this might have actually been worth the effort.

I'm still not sold on DNF. Not even close. But at least this advertising blitz is a whole lot more interesting than, say, Halo Reach's was (Suck it down Microsoft. Your massive expenditure of money did little more than annoy me).

PedroSteckecilo:
I'm trying to be apathetic about Duke Nukem Forever, I really am, but Gearbox is putting such a good foot forward that it's hard not to be infected by their enthusiasm. They've already shown they can do good comedy with Borderlands, so hopefully Duke Nukem can be sharp and fun without seeming stupid or irrelevant.

This is basically exactly how I feel. I never played any of the original Duke Nukem games (mostly because that fake 3-D they used gives me motion sickness), but the more I hear about this, the more I want to play it.

Gearbox is trying really, really hard to make up for all the bullshit that fans have had to go through just to play this fucking game, and you get the impression that not only do they love this game, but they want as many people as possible to play it. Honoring decade-old preorders, blatently making fun of the excessively long development, and handing out demos to the unwashed masses makes me wonder if, perhaps, I should have bet on the Duke.

That title would have been much more appealing as "Duke Nukem Having Drinks with Yahtzee."
I kind of have the impression that Yahtzee and the Duke could be bros...

Waw. That is going to be one awkward encounter, given Yahtzee's, erm, "not too kind review" of Duke Nukem Forever. But then again, this will make for some awesome material for Extra Punctuation.

The Mana Bar will become the next McDonald's, except with better food and no lame happy meals
At least that's how it should be.

Catalyst6:
Cripe, he really is the final boss of the internet.

You said it!

Arkhangelsk:

JediMB:

Arkhangelsk:

No, Stockholm!

There's enough stuff in Stockholm already!

...Let's compromise and meet halfway in Uppsala.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.