Princess Leia Was High During Star Wars

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Princess Leia Was High During Star Wars

The actress that played Princess Leia has admitted to using cocaine during the filming of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

While juice boxes and donuts were likely the most dangerous substances consumed by the actors in the prequel Star Wars trilogy, the original trilogy's actors were engaged in much harder stuff. At least one of them was, anyway, with Carrie Fisher recently admitting that while she wasn't on camera as Princess Leia, she was snorting cocaine.

"We did cocaine on the set of Empire, in the ice planet," Fisher told Australian newswire AAP. "I didn't even like coke that much, it was just a case of getting on whatever train I needed to take to get high."

Fisher is currently traveling to various locations to perform a one-woman play called Wishful Drinking, based on her book of the same name. The book follows Fisher's bouts with alcoholism and drug addiction. As with many successful movie stars, the popularity she found in Star Wars wasn't enough to make her want to get clean.

After John Belushi, who died of a drug overdose, warned Fisher that she had a drug problem on the set of Blues Brothers, she began to realize that she was walking down a dangerous path. Fisher says she realized she was "losing her choice in the matter."

But Fisher doesn't blame her addiction on Star Wars or becoming a popular actress. "It's always been my responsibility," she added. "If it was Hollywood [to blame], then we'd all be dope addicts." Thankfully, Fisher was able to get clean, and we still have Princess Leia amongst the healthy. Not to make light of drug use, but I think you have to be pretty high to wear a metal bikini anyway.

Source: Yahoo

Tom Goldman:
Not to make light of drug use, but I think you have to be pretty high to wear a metal bikini anyway.

I suppose that this logic puts Lady Gaga somewhere around Mars in terms of altitude?

Wait, this is news?

Welcome to 1985, bub... TV ran this story in response to fans concerns after The Empire Strikes Back.

well at least it confirms that people can act while high.

And before anyone else does it.

I'M CARRIE FISHER THE ACTOR AND I DO CO-CO-CO-CAINE!

lacktheknack:

Tom Goldman:
Not to make light of drug use, but I think you have to be pretty high to wear a metal bikini anyway.

I suppose that this logic puts Lady Gaga somewhere around Mars in terms of altitude?

Mars? That bitch is fckin with the stars mate! Uv gotta be pretty high to even come up with the concept of what she wears

but see this worked to her advantage, she is probably the only cast member who has a legitimate excuse for the holiday special

rescuer86:
Wait, this is news?

Agreed. How could people not have known or at least suspected?

Being a Princess, leader of the Rebel Alliance and the daughter of the person you're fighting has to be a very stressful job.

...huh. I could understand her (or anyone else) being high during the Christmas Special, but... hm. Food for thought, huh?

Wasnt everyone high when they did star wars?

I wonder if she does a line occasionally in the Family Guy recording room?

"We did cocaine on the set of Empire, in the ice planet,"
Really?............like...the entire cast?...........literally on the set?

First reaction: Wait, what?

Second Reaction: Wait, WAT.

What!?!?

Princess Leia was a druggie?!

rekabdarb:

hell robert downy jr put in some oscar worthy performances while he was tooting up for years.

sir lawerance olivia or how ever you spell his name was constantly drunk a good portion of his acting career.

stevie ray vaugn plastered and god knows what else alot of the time.

or as bill hicks says; if you don't think drugs have done good things for us go home tonite take all your tapes, all your albums, all your cds, and burn them. cause you know what, all those great musicians that made that music that has enhanced your lives throughout the years.....real fucking high on drugs.

Why is anyone suprised by this? I thought everyone was high in the 70s.

Fischer and Ford also tripped the night before filming the cloud city scenes... i always thought that part was weird

Saucycardog:

QFT, it was the 70's. I would be more surprised if no one on that set was high.

Dang, wish I could have been an actor during the seventies/eighties. Everyone did that stupid one word at a time thing, regardless of whether they were on something or not. Come to work stoned, drunk, whatever.

I.... can't blame her?

Uhh.... yeah. It was like 1980 or something, EVERYONE and their cats did cocaine then, seriously even your mom did it if she was alive. Yeah, I'm talking to you.

Seriously go ask her, she will either admit it, and if she pauses before saying no, she's lying.

it's no shock at all, i don't know why this would surprise anyone, or honestly, why anyone would care. a persons recreational activities have absolutely no bearing on what they provide for us.

cerebus23:

rekabdarb:

hell robert downy jr put in some oscar worthy performances while he was tooting up for years.

sir lawerance olivia or how ever you spell his name was constantly drunk a good portion of his acting career.

stevie ray vaugn plastered and god knows what else alot of the time.

or as bill hicks says; if you don't think drugs have done good things for us go home tonite take all your tapes, all your albums, all your cds, and burn them. cause you know what, all those great musicians that made that music that has enhanced your lives throughout the years.....real fucking high on drugs.

some of the best songs my band writes is when we're completely hammered and occasionally something else. granted, we write some great songs sober, too, but i think our best... have certainly been under the influence.

Boyninja616:

rescuer86:
Wait, this is news?

Being a Princess, leader of the Rebel Alliance and the daughter of the person you're fighting has to be a very stressful job.

Didn't they talk about this years ago during one of the documentaries or DVD commentaries? I distinctly remember her talking about how she was so destroyed in a lot of her scenes that someone had to say the lines and she would just repeat them. The scene where her and Harrison Ford almost kiss on the asteroid, if you look at him you can see him kind of doing it.

This shouldnt come as a shock to anyone. Go watch the Holiday special, and you wont believe how stoned she is during the entire show. (I cannot say I blame her, as horrible as it was... and singing a song to the Star Wars theme? I would imagine that would be enough to bring on a sudden "sniffing" attack by itself.)

rekabdarb:

Nice avatar. Guts. High five.

And why is it MORE hilarious to me that they were doing it on the ICE PLANET? "Look at all this snow, man."

manythings:

Boyninja616:

rescuer86:
Wait, this is news?

Didn't they talk about this years ago during one of the documentaries or DVD commentaries? I distinctly remember her talking about how she was so destroyed in a lot of her scenes that someone had to say the lines and she would just repeat them. The scene where her and Harrison Ford almost kiss on the asteroid, if you look at him you can see him kind of doing it.

I'm not old enough to have seen the documentaries and we have the videos, not the DVDs. However, I do remember noticing Harrison's mouth moving sometimes when Carrie was speaking.

It's even in her Bio here: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/contributor/1800010395/bio

She was high even before this. She STARTED during the filming of the Holiday Special.

That says something when the only way to keep sane during the filming of that abomination was to be high.

Electrogecko:
"We did cocaine on the set of Empire, in the ice planet,"
Really?............like...the entire cast?...........literally on the set?

That wasnt fake snow.

Damn
My starwars fanboyism passes right over that and is more concerned you used a RoJ picture not a ESB one.

>.<

Tom Goldman:
While juice boxes and donuts were likely the most dangerous substances consumed by the actors in the prequel Star Wars trilogy...

Hah, Those kids from clone high smoked raisens.

"I can taste the sun!"

Bu meh, who cares.

Jaxs:

Saucycardog:

QFT, it was the 70's. I would be more surprised if no one on that set was high.

i traveled trough time to the set and wasn't high

while logical it's still interesting to know that they just did it on set

but from what I heard drugs make you worse at things,

wammnebu:
but see this worked to her advantage, she is probably the only cast member who has a legitimate excuse for the holiday special

Maybe the rest were also high. You know, that would totally explain its existence in the first place.

lacktheknack:

Tom Goldman:

CLEVER!

OT: Not that big of a shock really. It was the 70's after all.....it was the 70's right?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here