Camping Mama Trademark Filed

Camping Mama Trademark Filed

Looks like in addition to babysitting and cooking with mama, you will now be able to camp with her too.

The Cooking Mama Ltd. filed a trademark for Camping Mama in the U.S. this week. Last year, it was reported that the company responsible for the Cooking with Mama games had trademarked Babysitting Mama and a game by that same title was announced at this year's E3. Now, the United States Patent and Trademark Office website states that the trademark for Camping Mama was received on October 22nd, 2010 and granted today. Does that mean we'll see a Camping Mama game next year?

I have to admit that I have a morbid fascination with the whole Mama series. The first game was actually kind of endearing in its Engrish and it used the Wii Remote in an original way. Playing with my younger nieces and nephews was a blast and I wouldn't be surprised is it encouraged one of them to pursue the actual cooking that he enjoys today.

What would a Camping Mama minigame be like? Will you make fires or chop wood? Will Mama coach you on roasting marshmallows and making s'mores? I could totally see a minigame spraying yourself down with bug spray. What about getting drunk on PBR, pissing on the fire, and knocking down the tent before passing out on the wood that you just chopped?

On second thought, maybe Camping Mama isn't a good idea for kids.

Source: US Patent Office

Ahhhhh Majesco. Is all this just to punish us for not buying Psychonauts?

This is... interesting...

Greg I think you captured the true essence of camping right there

OT: wouldn't know what to make of this as I've never played a Cooking Mama game

They need to make a Super Mama since she can do almost everything.

She does everything... but spend time with her own kids. :(

Y'know... The Mama franchise is a really good jumping point to start the production of some quality adult entertainment- a media franchise which will draw up a phenomenal amount of revenue for Majesco!

I mean think of the possibilities...

-Dirty Mama
-Erotic Mama
-Hungry Mama
-Kinky Mama
-Impregnating Mama

Think of the potential customer base!

I'm pretty sure if I wanted to simulate camping, I'd listen to whiny teenagers on YouTube while pretending to have a gun.

...Ba-dum-tish

I'm pretty sure one's dad would be far more likely to want to take the family camping. At least in my experience.

Eumersian:
I'm pretty sure one's dad would be far more likely to want to take the family camping. At least in my experience.

Why do you think that? My nan is always taking me camping.

OT: This has made me want to play Harvest Moon for some reason.

Best Game Evar.

I love the Mama series. They're fun. So another one I must buy

To be honest I was happy enough with just Cooking Mama...

Cooking Mama at least is plausible...but I can't think of too many camping minigames past maybe 3-4.

Scrumpmonkey:
Ahhhhh Majesco. Is all this just to punish us for not buying Psychonauts?

I think its primarily because she failed her assassination mission.

seriously though, they had god mode turned on.

fucking hackers

OT: and a bit more serious, WHY?

WHY CAMPING? there has never been a good camping game. FACT.

WHY MAMA? well........she is pretty creepy, and who knows, maybe it will be a horror game with you running away from her.

RETURN TO ONE: WHY CAMPING? is there really a dire need in Japan for camping simulators? and if so, what does that tell you about todays society?

The Mama series has always interested me in the mini game mechanic but there's always that one niggling little issue I have with the negative (albeit foreign) social influences the game represents. I'd love to see Mama branch out into something less... domestic. Perhaps Nintendo isn't the right venue for this kind of social change but I can only be reminded constantly of this comic;

CosmicCommander:
Y'know... The Mama franchise is a really good jumping point to start the production of some quality adult entertainment- a media franchise which will draw up a phenomenal amount of revenue for Majesco!

-Dirty Mama
-Erotic Mama
-Hungry Mama
-Kinky Mama
-Impregnating Mama

I was actually just thinking about this. Also, I'm pretty sure all but one of those are Japan-only releases.

Wandrecanada:
The Mama series has always interested me in the mini game mechanic but there's always that one niggling little issue I have with the negative (albeit foreign) social influences the game represents. I'd love to see Mama branch out into something less... domestic. Perhaps Nintendo isn't the right venue for this kind of social change but I can only be reminded constantly of this comic;

Ninja'd. I was gonna post that comic.

I don't know....helping me cook? Now taking me camping?

Is she grooming me?

Is there something she cant do?

As long as they will make money on it i guess we will see more games with Mama.

Upcoming games:

Assassin Mama
Rainbow Six Mama
F-22 Mama
Gangsta Mama
Stripper Mama
Giant Enemy Crab Mama
Murder Mama
Murder Mama: Serial Killer edition
Wife Mama: Get me a Damn Beer Edition
Slaughterhouse Mama
Bourne Mama
Thief Mama
Medieval Mama

What next, Ghostbuster Mama?
Mind I do like Cooking Mama...

CosmicCommander:

-Dirty Mama
-Erotic Mama
-Hungry Mama
-Kinky Mama
-Impregnating Mama

You clearly don't know the Japanese homebrew community very well. It's all been done; with tentacles and without.

I'm surprised they finally let Mama out of the house and gave her some boots. I thought only Papa could have games like this.

Camping Mama?

Mmmm...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or