World's Strongest Robot Deserves World's Silliest Ceremony

Pages 1 2 NEXT

World's Strongest Robot Deserves World's Silliest Ceremony

The pinnacle of German engineering may just be the KUKA Titan robot which can lift 1000 kilograms and chase you down a dark alley.

The Kuka Titan is the strongest industrial robot in the world. In a ceremony that borders on the comical, guests were asked to add weights to the dumbbell until it reached mythic proportions. Then the robot performed a "clean and jerk" with the dumbbell weighing 1000 kilograms, 2204.6 pounds or a metric fuckton depending on your nomenclature.

But even more disturbing than a crazy German ceremony displaying the Titan's lifting capability is the newly added mobility. The KUKA OmniMove base allows the Titan to chase down perpetrators and crush them with its amazing strength. The OmniMove uses multidirectional wheels that allow the Titan to turn corners and maneuver itself quite well.

The cute little youBot in the foreground, basically a smaller, less capable version of the Titan, is just adorable, if deadly.

I don't know about you, but I'm frightened for how our robot overlords might use the KUKA Titan as shocktroops in their eventual takeover of the human race. For the love of all humanity, please don't connect the Titan to the Internet. We don't want to aid Skynet any more than we already have.

Source: BotJunkie

So now the upcoming robot revolution finally has its "ED-209"! OH SNAP!!!

Someday, that arm is going to be attached to a giant mecha....and it will be awesome!

come onnn

I know you wanna make a joke or even mention Skynet

don't hold it

I guess the designer's expectations ... *puts on glasses* really held up.

YEEAAA!!!!!!!

Greeaat...now the Germans are in on the killer robot buisness? Is anyone going to do anything about this?

Fox242:
Greeaat...now the Germans are in on the killer robot buisness? Is anyone going to do anything about this?

well.......... Japan might ally with them.......

It may be able to lift a thousand kilos, but can it beat Rocky Balboa in the ring?

Kalezian:

Fox242:

Isn't that the last thing we want?! Why have two of the greatest enginerring nations collaborate to create our future robot overlords?

Kalezian:

Fox242:

At least if Italy decides to start making robots we'll notice a trend

Greg Tito:

The Kuka Titan is the strongest industrial robot in the world.

ahem. The FANUC M-2000iA/1200 can lift 1200Kg's with the option for fittings to take a further 600Kg's and is just as flexible.

I have to say the omnidirectional platform is damned impressive mind.

As for those of you, not knowing the German language, I hereby post the totally unimportant translation of the ridiculous ceremony (I don't even understand every single word he says ...:

0:28-0:31 Ladies and gentlemen, the attempt on a world record shows (?) how strong it is!
0:46-0:58 Well well, how's it going? ... the ton is applied, the ton is screwed ( o0 )
Simon (?) will give the signal for the attempt on the world record!
then, at 1:34 the slightly exagerated melody of a show which is the german equivalent to "I bet you will" for the folks above the age of 50, but including much more stupid bets (like climbing 5metres on a rope made of toilet paper

and moderated by the person who makes the ads for gummi bears in germany, plays, and everyone in the audience freaks out because the show is so amazing. This just pulls up associations better kept locked away...

But anyways, let's talk about the robot... uh

amazing :]

Greg Tito:
I don't know about you, but I'm frightened for how our robot overlords might use the KUKA Titan as shocktroops in their eventual takeover of the human race. For the love of all humanity, please don't connect the Titan to the Internet. We don't want to aid Skynet any more than we already have.

Oh... you're just over reacting...

*goes back to stockpiling munitions and supplies in strike-hard bunker hidden in forest*

Greg Tito:

The STRONGEST?! Someone call the ice fairy, we've got a contender!

(Too obscure?)

If I ever loose my arm, I now know what will replace it.

slowpoke999:

Kalezian:

Fox242:

If Italy gets involved, we really don't have anything to worry about.

The best part is that a buddy of mine is working in an artificially intelligent, learning, teaching program at Carnegie.

SomeBritishDude:
If I ever loose my arm, I now know what will replace it.

You'll have to replace both, and then use them for walking.
That thing doesn't exactly look like it weights ten pounds.

RebelRising:

slowpoke999:

Kalezian:

Fox242:

If Italy gets involved, we really don't have anything to worry about.

Germany's been kicking America's butt in terms of mechanical and electrical engineering for many years already. I'd be more concerned with the lack of development on our part than the ample development on theirs.

slowpoke999:

Kalezian:

Fox242:

So Japan will make the sex robots, Germany will make them really strong and probably add the soldier sofware, what will Italy add the ability to eat pasta?

I kid that is a scary idea killer sex robots, the enemy is in your own bedroom awaiting orders. Activate order 66.

2fish:

So Japan will make the sex robots, Germany will make them really strong and probably add the soldier sofware, what will Italy add the ability to eat pasta?

Italy will make them go really fast.

Anarchemitis:

2fish:

A fast sexbot, that seems like a letdown to me.I mean the idea works for Italy's part but the idea makes me sad. Sex Bot 2.5 she/he is faster than you are! The parts are interchangeable you buy the robot not the gender. We don't ask and you don't tell ;).

Damn... I wanna use that thing to flip cars! :D

Well either that or hook up the biggest gun that I can find for it and send it out onto the battlefield. That thing looks like it's part of some kind of giant mecha or robot.

Germany is just an awesome place... to observe from a distance.

Guys, this problem can easily be solved.

We just create weights that are 1001kg!

LOL......The huge button they press in the first vid......it's a closet light that's sold in the U.S. I have about 5 of them in my house. Mount it on the wall/ceiling/wherever, press it, and it turns on.
I was scared when I read the title of the article, but I honestly think I would win in a fight against that thing.....it would just take about a year with no weapon, and by weapon I mean tool.

Formica Archonis:

Greg Tito:

The STRONGEST?! Someone call the ice fairy, we've got a contender!

(Too obscure?)

Not at all. If it lifts ⑨000 kilograms I would be more impressed. I'm pretty sure your average fork lift can do the same.

Oh no! A killer robot that can lift a shit ton of stuff!

*runs up a slight incline*

2fish:

Anarchemitis:

2fish:

A fast sexbot, that seems like a letdown to me.I mean the idea works for Italy's part but the idea makes me sad. Sex Bot 2.5 she/he is faster than you are! The parts are interchangeable you buy the robot not the gender. We don't ask and you don't tell ;).

Or it has wheels attached to its feet so it can travel at 500km/h.

Skorpyo:
Oh no! A killer robot that can lift a shit ton of stuff!

*runs up a slight incline*

It has wheels that allow it to sprint, so have fun being run over, and then when your legs snap and are pinned under the machine, all the joy of being torn in half when it seizes your upper body and yanks.

Killer Robots are serious business

Electrogecko:
LOL......The huge button they press in the first vid......it's a closet light that's sold in the U.S. I have about 5 of them in my house. Mount it on the wall/ceiling/wherever, press it, and it turns on.
I was scared when I read the title of the article, but I honestly think I would win in a fight against that thing.....it would just take about a year with no weapon, and by weapon I mean tool.

I couldn't finish the video I was laughing so hard as soon as I saw it! :D

I guess they needed a "dramatic big light-up button" to press for the cameras but didn't want to go through the effort of actually hooking it up to anything....

OT: That's pretty cool I guess

give a youBot a gun. Then we'll really have shock troops lol

Rather would like to consider the KUKA a bouncer XD

These guys appear to be rather proud of the technological terror they have created.

Death and destruction made in Germany! Well, we stick to what we know, right? ^^

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here