Kinect Claims First TV Casualty

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

LordCuthberton:
That guy is a fucking wordsmith. His description was awesome.

According to the article, he is literally a wordsmith. Or, in another word, a writer. If he didn't entertain his reader, he wouldn't be doing his job very well! :)

As people have already said, the guy seems to be a really good sport about it.

Ahhh I found that so funny I nearly peed.
Fantastic - I wonder how long before we get similar websites to the wii incidents - how many people are going to break their tvs, themselves, their small children who think they're just dancing and run into the way...

Anyone else wondering what kind of massive ceiling-fan-chain-projectile this guy had dangling in front of him in order to do that kind of damage to a TV? Or is this just the weakest TV in the whole world? If I spiked my ceiling fan chain into my TV, you'd hear a tiny plastic "plink". O_o

cool story bro!

Good shot, and a nice rainbow effect added to the TV!

STOP MAKING ME LOSE THE GAME! Seriously it's getting annoying.

I am now a fan of this man. Normally, they would sue-

1.Microsoft
2.The TV makers
3.The person who made the fan

And then comment how video games are destructive to society.

Noble Cookie:
Aww that sucks...but when it said he hit the fan with his arm, i was imagine it would say something along the lines of the fan chopping the guys arm off, and his arm flew into the TV and broke the screen.

:D

LOL WUT

The first of many casualties to come. R.I.P. 47-inch LCD TV.

Greg Tito:
the game

-.-

very funny indeed...

That guy is incredibly good natured for losing a 47 inch LCD TV.

Wait... Kinect came out?

Greg Tito:
the game

damn you I was doin so well till i saw that. :P

Desrali T Bear:
Anyone else wondering what kind of massive ceiling-fan-chain-projectile this guy had dangling in front of him in order to do that kind of damage to a TV? Or is this just the weakest TV in the whole world? If I spiked my ceiling fan chain into my TV, you'd hear a tiny plastic "plink". O_o

Many HDtv screens are pretty fragile, heck the first one I tried to purchase, I got home and unpacked it to find that the screen within the screen was cracked.

Also, I have seen some ceiling fans that spin extremely fast, some look like lethal speed. If a person makes the cord swing up to that, it's obviously going to tear it off and shoot it at a high rate of speed. Something going just about as fast as a car, is going to break stuff.

--------

I like the guy's attitude. A person would have to be pretty stupid and immature to blame Microsoft for this. Seriously, it was a Grade A freak accident. I wouldn't even blame the guy, shit happens, and sometimes nobody is truly to blame. He couldn't have known he was going to make his ceiling fan shoot a missile of doom at his tv.

maybe the first time, definitely not the last time.

TheYellowCellPhone:
That guy is incredibly good natured for losing a 47 inch LCD TV.

Wait... Kinect came out?

Not sure, but I think columnists if they have an inside with the game industry, can get things early.

Desrali T Bear:

THats what I was thinking.
I've only ever encountered light plastic angling at teh end of the cords. Maybe the Tv just really sucked.

He did atleast take it with a good senne of humor.

But damn i would get pissed.

I can only hope that someone will read this story and think "hrm, maybe I should move my TV away from all other objects that could damage it, like this hanging chain, this potted plant on a stand, or these small children".

I can't really blame the guy too much. You get into the moment, and when you're not holding a controller, it might just feel more natural to play those motions out with vigor.

At least he didn't put his fist through the TV. Do you think anyone's going to accomplish that?

Ahem....

DAMN YOU GREG TITO!!!!!

A moment of silence for his TV. *bows head*

I'm just wondering how long before the first lawsuits come in...

the first casualty of the microsoft vs Tv war.

well at least he didn't throw a wiimote into it only to have it fall over and crush the wii itself...

but still

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

I was expecting to hear that his shoe had been kicked off into the screen or something, that's just... odd.

First off: This guy just sounds awesome! I don't know why, but he just does with that superb recounting of the tale.

It will be interesting [read: Hi-larious!] to hear of the inevitable Kinectcidents people manage. After all, this guy sounds rather level-headed so I can only imagine what the morons of the world will accomplish. My bets for most entertaining will come from the human-pollutants of Xbox Live that we all so hate.

Gotta say, I like Kinect's style for punishing stupidity.

epsilon246:
The lesson? be sure to have plenty of space around you when using this thing.

nah, the lesson. to hell with kinect and move, just stick to controller when playing any game.

Just wait till they make giant rubber suits ala the wii controller sleeves

sadly, this will probably only be the first television casualty in a likely violent streak of broken screens as more people get kinects...

WOPR:
well at least he didn't throw a wiimote into it only to have it fall over and crush the wii itself...

but still

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

ummm.... did that happen to you or something because thats pretty bad....

and yet we haven't heard about this happening with the move. wierd.

Well...shit has hit the fan,and then his TV. Kinect 1 - Villareal 0.
Good that he's positive about it, he probably had hard time explaining it to the kids.

Boned & Owned. Always make sure you have space with this thing, I thought Microsoft was rather clear on this.

On the FML website we say:

YDI for attempting in a constricted [email protected] [ YDI = You deserved it ]

Only in America

sanguinator:

WOPR:

but still

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

ummm.... did that happen to you or something because thats pretty bad....

No, a dude here did it

he always threw away the Wiimote Straps and gloves calling them Wii-condoms then said "I don't play with 'protection' " like it was original and funny, then one day when he decided to pop in wiisports baseball (instead of brawl the only 2 wii games people here seem to know about) he threw the mote through the screen (glass screen) after a quick freak-out and swearing he noticed the TV started to topple and it fell over and crushed his wii

I've always used both strap and glove and the most I've done is hit the mote softly ageist the wall (I backed into a corner playing Red Steel 2 on athletic)

but yeah... his parents bought a new TV... and him a new Wii (further proof that he's a spoiled brat that thinks everything has no consequences)

so yes, I just found that situation hilarious
and I'm amazed his parents didn't KILL him

Playing Kinect.... 1:30 AM.... has a blog.... Is this guy trying to piss me off?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here