WoW Red Shirt Guy Gets Auto-Tuned

Pages 1 2 NEXT

WoW Red Shirt Guy Gets Auto-Tuned

The World of Warcraft lore nerd who schooled Blizzard mastermind Chris Metzen at BlizzCon 2010 has made his big break into the music biz.

When a certain young Warcraft fan stepped up to the mic at BlizzCon 2010 to ask a question of Blizzard's Vice President of Creative Development Chris Metzen regarding the whereabouts of a certain character, he probably wasn't expecting to become quite so famous. The video in question now has over three million views, and he has been added into the game as a NPC.

Now, as has become increasingly inevitable with funny videos on YouTube, he has his very own auto-tuned remix. We all knew this was going to happen, people, don't pretend you didn't.

That said, it's actually a rather catchy tune, if not on the level of YouTube hits like Double Rainbow and Bed Intruder. It's more of a "trance remix" than a full-fledged musical number, really.

You can't help but admire the enthusiasm with which he proclaims, "No, he survived!" Yes, Red Shirt Guy. Falstad did survive in a way, and he lives on in the hearts of all of us.

Or maybe he actually survived and was put back in the game as an NPC. There's that, too.

Finally, a version of this video I can bear to watch!

This DEFINITELY needs to be Christmas number one.

That waaas... wow. (no pun in there, really)

I still like the original version better though. :p

Auto-tuning is for losers.

Like this guy.

Commander Breetai:
Auto-tuning is for losers.

Like this guy.

I love the auto tune videos because they can be catchy and funny. It also shows how talentless some of today's artists are. And I really don't mean to troll with that statement. =P

I hope for a day when I can go hunting for auto-tuning people and kill them with a dagger.

Goes to show how autotune can be "useful"

Uh, I feel ashamed for watching all of it.
Then I also watched all of Double Rainbow. Uhhhh, when does it end!

That was extremely annoying. Guess i just hate auto tune.

*sigh*
He WOULD get auto-tuned...
lol, its sad how auto-tune makes everything better except real music...

I'm finding this far funnier than I believe I should.

Luftwaffles:
Goes to show how autotune can be "useful"

Link incomming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc

look at the other symphony of science stuff. :D thats proves auto tune can be used for good. :D

neoontime:

More importantly, what does it mean.

Iggy Rufflebar:
This DEFINITELY needs to be Christmas number one.

Down with the League!

Umm...anyway, I agree. Sort of.

Auto tune always make funny people sound funnier, although I can only stand from 0:50 to 1:06

Irridium:

neoontime:

More importantly, what does it mean.

I don't know nor do I want to learn what it means!

Welcome to The Internet: Where things do not ever get old.

Thank you. Now I know I can definitely get through the week.

We really shouldn't be surprised ... the auto tuning was inevitable.

It's amazing how "good" that sounds when all they did was Autotune his voice add shitty techno music to the background, and then sync'd his phrases to the rhythm.

By "good", I mean virtually indistinguishable from half the shit I hear on the radio.
They just needed to add a rap segment in the middle of it and you have a platinum hit.

...Goddamn our music business is so fucking pathetic.

Wow...that was hilarious.

OMG I just watched the original Double Rainbow for the first time. It had me in stitches! I was literally crying with laughter. I haven't enjoyed something like that in ages and know exactly how that guy was feeling..

...uh completely metaphorically of course... without the aid of illicit substances...

¬¬

bad auto tune all he did was back up again and again with music in the back, not something i will say took alot of time to do

I hope this isn't all going to this guy's head. I mean, a little bit isn't bad, but I hope his ego doesn't explode. He seems like a pretty good (if fairly introverted) nerd in a red shirt.

All said and done, I'm glad he's getting such positive feedback from fans and Blizzard. Also, this song is quite catchy.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Another reason to bloodily torture and murder everyone working at Antares Audio Technologies. Bastards.

Alar:
I hope this isn't all going to this guy's head. I mean, a little bit isn't bad, but I hope his ego doesn't explode. He seems like a pretty good (if fairly introverted) nerd in a red shirt.

All said and done, I'm glad he's getting such positive feedback from fans and Blizzard. Also, this song is quite catchy.

Well he was ran through ICC25 Heroic and given Invincible, I believe.

Pssh, I don't know i actually liked the beat and song.

oh gods "Isnt Falstad dead?!" best part, who knew Metzen could rap XD

Fenra:
oh gods "Isnt Falstad dead?!" best part, who knew Metzen could rap XD

Well, he does everything else.

Loop Stricken:

Alar:

Well he was ran through ICC25 Heroic and given Invincible, I believe.

Well, crap. Looks like it's too late for it going to his head. He's probably King Nerd right now. :(

Or maybe he's a better guy than that! Guess I'll never know. :D

I honestly didn't care when this first came out. But with auto-tune I care deeply, thank you auto tune.

I love this, it's awesome! It's such an awesome auto-tune!

"NO, HE SURVIVED! HE SURVIVED! HE SURVIVED!"

(Did I have enough exclamation marks there?)

It's officially a meme if it gets remixed.

lol ok like it put a smile on my face for nothing else than its a pretty catchy tune :D

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here