Space Marines Rumored for Next Call of Duty

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

So...the cliffhanger in MW2 will go unresolved?

Actually, I don't really care, the story of MW2 was terrible and should be forgotten.

Let's not get all "ooh, radical and changing, Call of Duty is the master of innovation" over this, Battlefield did the exact same thing a couple of years back, without making a big fuzz about it.

Still, it's better than keeping it in modern warfare ^^

Am I the only one who thought of this when I saw this piece of news?

I honestly hope some aliens attack the Earth in real life.
We've been playing so much space marine propaganda they wouldn't know what hit them ...

Also , doesn't this strike anyone as a mod fans should have made rather than a games company ?

Deofuta:
Sooo apparently Halo is the only sci fi future people can come up with? Sheesh, forum is antagonistic today.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. There's still a lot of potential with space marines and sci-fi universes because developers are given far more latitude in design. I'm all for it.

JeanLuc761:

Deofuta:
Sooo apparently Halo is the only sci fi future people can come up with? Sheesh, forum is antagonistic today.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. There's still a lot of potential with space marines and sci-fi universes because developers are given far more latitude in design. I'm all for it.

True, but knowing Activision they are just gonna make a run of the mill space marine shootemup coz they want to "play it safe".

Now Shattered Horizon was interesting...

Maybe it'll be just Future Warfare or something like that? Doesn't have to be that far in the future, just enough to make cool stuff. No aliens, still. I wouldn't like seeing captain Price going hand-to-...tail with a xenomorph.

orangebandguy:
I guess the game needed some righteous cleansing rage at some point.

I shotgun the Khorne Berzerker class!

Bah! I'll take Noise Marines any day over those madmen, either them or the Night Lords.

Is there any chance they could a "No Russian" level with Eldar instead of humans? :D

lol @ everyone jumping on the "OMG NOT ANOTHER SPACE MARINE GAME SO UNORIGINAL /NERDRAGE" bandwagon.

For one thing, IT'S JUST A RUMOR. For another, even if it's not, it doesn't mean they're making another "halo" clone. How about we all just wait and see if there's anything to this and what it entails before passing judgment?

You are all forgetting the big thing.
Infinity Ward will be making it.

So it's going to suck regardless of time period.

dalek sec:

orangebandguy:
I guess the game needed some righteous cleansing rage at some point.

I shotgun the Khorne Berzerker class!

Bah! I'll take Noise Marines any day over those madmen, either them or the Night Lords.

Is there any chance they could a "No Russian" level with Eldar instead of humans? :D

Noise Marines are pretty mad, when I say pretty I mean "raving crazy hedonistic".

If you read Fulgrim you will know why, in fact that whole book was a bit messed up to be honest. :D

What would be really awesome would be a (somewhat) realistic futuristic game set on (for example) Mars. Weapons would most probably use caseless ammunition and have very high capacity magazines, but pervasive light body armor will mostly negate that advantage. Gravity is slightly less on Mars, so people will be able to jump slightly higher. Mars has an atmosphere, so vacuum is not an issue, but oxygen is - everyone would be wearing breathing apparatus outdoors.

That's just some new equipment and some tweaks to the physics. Mars would give the game designers a great excuse to create some fantastic environments based on the photos NASA has gotten back from the various probes and rovers. It could be superb.

The campaign could be based on anything from terrorists to nativists, or both. The theme of people fighting other people should remain, however - I don't think it would be a good idea to introduce aliens.

wooty:
More power armour space marine orientated games? Can anyone else smell the stagnation?

I've been smelling it for a couple years now...

Say "no" to Space Marines, kids.

well its official: first person shooters are dead to me now.

Well considering Microsoft is going to do jacksquat with Halo, this may just be the filler that scifi fps'ers will want.
We shall see what the future holds.

orangebandguy:

Noise Marines are pretty mad, when I say pretty I mean "raving crazy hedonistic".

If you read Fulgrim you will know why, in fact that whole book was a bit messed up to be honest. :D

Yeah but atleast they want to have fun, all Khorne's followers are too busy looking for blood and skulls, boring! D:

And for the record, I fucking loved "Fulgrim" and it's my favorite from that series of books so far! :D

So according to the comments, space marines = halo now?

The God-Emperor wants a word with you all.

Also, how many games in recent years have been set several hundred years in the future with space marines? Seriously, how many? Right now it seems the OMGSTAGNATION fad is realistic, modern combat.

You guys annoy me so, sometimes.

It Infinity Ward... so... were going to have a scene where the player dies at the end of every battle, and half of those are ones where you have to gun down civilians, burn puppies, and bunch baby seals, but you have the option at the beginning to skip those missions, cutting the campaign from 4 to 2 hours. Then multiplayer will have a 10 kill streak death ray where the player that gets it first wins and all the achievements involve sitting in the same spot and not moving for certain amount of times/kills?

Owlslayer:
Maybe it'll be just Future Warfare or something like that? Doesn't have to be that far in the future, just enough to make cool stuff.

That what ive said, have weapons and tech that the miltary either plans on using, or is in prototype/theoretical stage.

permacrete:
What would be really awesome would be a (somewhat) realistic futuristic game set on (for example) Mars. Weapons would most probably use caseless ammunition and have very high capacity magazines, but pervasive light body armor will mostly negate that advantage. Gravity is slightly less on Mars, so people will be able to jump slightly higher. Mars has an atmosphere, so vacuum is not an issue, but oxygen is - everyone would be wearing breathing apparatus outdoors.

That's just some new equipment and some tweaks to the physics. Mars would give the game designers a great excuse to create some fantastic environments based on the photos NASA has gotten back from the various probes and rovers. It could be superb.

The campaign could be based on anything from terrorists to nativists, or both. The theme of people fighting other people should remain, however - I don't think it would be a good idea to introduce aliens.

I love it!

bfgmetalhead:
for the emporor lol

no no its. DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPORER!!!

and i would love to see a Cap'n Price. Space Pirate. game... that would be awesome.

Then they'll set us off ballance with Call of Duty: Steampunk Warfare :P

But seriously, not matter what time it'll be, we'll be fighting Russians, if the Call of Duty series has taught me anything, it's that everything can be traced back to evil Russains/Nazis, it's on this basis that i say the next enemies will be a: Space Russian Nazi...zombies.

dalek sec:

orangebandguy:

Yeah but atleast they want to have fun, all Khorne's followers are too busy looking for blood and skulls, boring! D:

And for the record, I fucking loved "Fulgrim" and it's my favorite from that series of books so far! :D

Fulgrim was awesome, most of the Horus Heresy books are.

Except for the Dark Angel ones.

Early in its development MW2 was going to be in the sci-fi genre, they changed their minds with that.

Activision/ Blizzard seeks to merge CoD with Starcraft, creating an FPS that features Terran Marines

Won't be buying the next one so it doesn't really matter what it is. Bought Black Ops for cold war theme only to go wtf am I playing. Yeah, time to do something else and watch this pile o shit franchise crash and burn from afar. Anyone bother making Manhunt: Run Devs Run for me? :)

Edit: I swear, if I see one more dizzy, crawling on floor, getting stomped in the face scene before I finish this game I'm putting on my military boots and stomping my money out of these leeches.

Hmm this could be fun. They should just drastically overhaul all the graphics, controls and gameplay elements to suit them for 80 foot tall mechs (and then give you an 80 foot tall mech)

...Yeah I just want the new Mechwarrior to come out faster =/...

Logan Westbrook:
Snip

Why isn't the space marine photo something from Halo? It seams far more fitting in this situation :P

Can't wait for this, it's been too long since we had a really decent punchbag.

KSarty:

bfgmetalhead:
for the emporor lol

Unfortunately it wouldn't be 40k Space Marines, THQ has exclusive rights to the 40k franchise for video games. If anything it would be Starcraft marines.

Wait, so basically a Starcraft FPS with the CoD name slapped on it?

And then setting during the rebellion or something so they can pretend it's still 'realistic' becuas rhtye're not shooting aliens.

samsonguy920:
Well considering Microsoft is going to do jacksquat with Halo, this may just be the filler that scifi fps'ers will want.
We shall see what the future holds.

Actually, I've heard that Microsoft's planning to do anything but jack squat with the Halo franchise. OK, not on the scale of milking seen in Call of Duty (or Guitar Hero), but that cow will get milked.

Logan Westbrook:
It's hard to tell whether those domain names are just one piece of "Call of Duty: Space Marine Combat" puzzle, or just Activision trying to prevent other games trading off the "Modern Warfare" name with a sound-alike title, but my money is on the latter.

Surprising, my money is on the former, since I doubt anyone would try to use "Call of duty" in the title.

Ehhhh, at this point I'm doubtful of the COD franchise. I prefer games with a good campaign or story along with a good multiplayer aspect (Red Dead Redemption for example). And if it is damn near only multiplayer (like MW2 was, it had what 5 hours of campaign, right?) won't it just be like Shattered horizons with gravity?

Tipsy Giant:

Somehow I get the impression you're against this decision?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.