Pop Quiz: Which of These Movie Trailers Looks Great?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Pop Quiz: Which of These Movie Trailers Looks Great?

The Daniel Craig vehicle Cowboys and Aliens and the Twilight wannabe Red Riding Hood both released trailers today. Guess which one looks awesome?

Good news first: Cowboys and Aliens, the new film from Iron Man director Jon Favreau, released its first trailer today. While the title may seem exceptionally ridiculous, the trailer released today promises a pretty kickass movie-going experience. Now the bad news: Red Riding Hood also released a trailer. The film is the newest from Cathrine Hardwicke, director of the first Twilight movie. Note that she was actually fired from the first Twilight movie, presumably for good reason.

Cowboys was scripted by Damen Lindelof (Lost), Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (both of the recent Star Trek reboot), and will feature Daniel Craig (James Bond in his recent incarnation), Harrison Ford, and Olivia Wilde (Tron: Legacy). The title appears to be pretty descriptive, but the amnesiac-based mystery hinted at in the trailer looks promising.

Less promising is Red Riding Hood, which appears to have lifted its filming locations, casting archetypes, and score right from its more famous vampiric predecessor. The film will feature Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight, Harry Potter, The Fifth Element) and Virginia Madsen (Dune, Sideways, A Prairie Home Companion), who are apparently both strapped for cash.

Cowboys and Aliens comes out July 29, 2011, and Red Riding Hood will hit theatres a few months earlier, on March 11. (I know y'all want to be first in line for that midnight showing.)

Source: Tor.com

I find this article very biased, almost inflammatory.

I think they're both fine trailers but Cowboys and Aliens looks more fun.

Red Riding Hood is the answer to the quiz, right?

Right?

On a serious note, Cowboys and Aliens looks pretty good. Combining two of my favorite genres in one movie, which has Harrison Ford in it, for Christ's sake!

And while Red Riding Hood looks like another teenaged girl fap-fodder, it's not really fair for this article to base its judgement solely on a trailer. Leave that to the critics to decide, this, however, is news.

Cowboys vs. Aliens looks to be directly inspired by a Gary Larson comic on the same subject.

Here's hoping that Cowboys & Aliens doesn't suck ass.

Damn. Ninjas.

Although...I know I'm gonna be disappointed, but I'm gonna see Red as well.

Cowboys and Aliens is officially the best movie of all time. I declare it to be so.

COWBOYS AND ALIENS. AND HARRISON FORD!

This shit is bananas.

Goddamnit Gary Oldman, fire your damn agent! Your an amazing actor but youve appeared in some awful shit in the last few years!

ye...Craig looks incredibly stupid in cowboy outfit, especially the hat =/

Aliens and cowboys?...just no, and seriously red riding hood trailer? Only thing that was remotely similar to red riding hood was there was a red piece of cloth in there and a wolf was in there, wait sorry, appearantly a werewolf, and obviously it's the boy whom she loves, that's a shocker..not.

Red riding hood will probably contain scenes of him half naked with a glistening chest and ripping his shirt of several times.

Cowboys & Aliens does look amazing, but just from that trailer I feel as if it will have a very similar plot to the movie Outlander (Man from advanced space travelling race lands on earth and brings a lot of shit with him).

as i watched Cowboys and aliens trailer the only thingy that popped into my mind was "i saw this in fallout 3" i mean hr even got a pip boy style alien thing-amagig.

Cowboys and Aliens looks pretty cool, but Jon Favreau is a pretty incompetent action director.

We'll see...

cowboys and aliens look pretty epic. Red Riding Hood is just Twilight with a skin over it. They literally tell you that in the trailer!

Meh, neither movie looks like it will be worth my money from those trailers...

Red Riding Hood looks hilarious, it's like they never read the story. It makes me wonder about what other fairy tales Hollywood can ruin with boobs.

I think Cowboys & Aliens was made as an attempt to win the internet... I think it has a chance to be honest, especially if it's opening week is against that piece of shit little red riding hood movie.

The Pip Boy will allow him to defeat the aliens with the patented Vault Assisted Targeting System.

DannibalG36:
Cowboys vs. Aliens looks to be directly inspired by a Gary Larson comic on the same subject.

Well it IS inspired by a comic.. A comic by the same name nonetheless ^^

My thoughs-

Cowboy & Alien- Yeeha! I am so looking forward to that film!

Red Riding Hodd- Burn it with fire!

Was I the only one who watched the Red Riding Hood trailer and immediately thought it looked like a teenized version of A Company of Wolves?

Cowboys and Aliens looks awesome, Red Riding Hood looks lame. Nuff said.

When talking about Red Riding Hood, you forgot that it also shares a director with Stepanie Meyers' disaster...

Catherine Harwick also directed the first Twilight Movie, she was pulled off and replaced by Chris Weitz for the second and third ones.

Did anyone else watch the first few seconds of that "Cowboys & Aliens" trailer and immediately think, "Oh god, it's a remake of 'Laserblast?'"
(Come on, I can't be the only one who knows that movie... MST3K? "Leonard Maltin gives it 2-and-a-half stars!")

I'll take a Western/Science Fiction film over a Twilight clone anytime.

Yeah I couldn't watch the entirety of the trailer for Twilight meets Grimm's Fairy Tales.

Cowboys & Aliens got my vote.
Red Riding Hood, not so much. In fact, how do you get that from "Girl is in forest, heading to grandma's house. Wolf eats grandma, tricks dumb girl, tries to eat her." It almost looks like a carefully constructed parody of the Twilight approach to film making.

Okay, one of those made my day. The other one looks like a badly acted and boring perversion of a beloved fairy-tale. Come on directors, go back to the Brothers Grimm version. I wanna see an axe murder or two.

C & A looks awesome. Can't wait.

phoenix352:
as i watched Cowboys and aliens trailer the only thingy that popped into my mind was "i saw this in fallout 3" i mean hr even got a pip boy style alien thing-amagig.

Yes, because anything with a metal on a guys arm equals fallout.

When did post apocalyptic nuclear fallout survivor Equal alien abducted cowboy also.

A piece of metal on both their wrists that do completely different things does not make the story the same. Where does amnesia fit in fallout 3. Where are the Cowboys and not to mention aliens. Setting, story, and technology all point to the direction these are not the same in anyway.

The best connection is that the desert is kind of like the Washington wasteland.

I just do not see this character looking for his dad to try and purify water.

Just tell me how this connects to fallout

phoenix352:

When did post apocalyptic nuclear fallout survivor Equal alien abducted cowboy.

Also, a piece of metal on both their wrists, that do completely different things, does not make the stories the same. Where does amnesia fit in fallout 3. Where are the Cowboys and not to mention aliens. Setting, story, and technology all point to the direction these are not the same.

The best connection is that the desert is kind of like the Washington wasteland.

some one delete double post

Oh now triple. (Just saing this is glitch for some reason posted twice instead of edit)

Cowboys and Aliens looks awesome. It's release date is going straight onto my calendar.

As for Red Riding Hood,I'm not interested. I'm still holding out for a werewolf movie thats good. An adaptation of the comic Paradigm Shift would be neat, in my opinion.

King_Serpent:

phoenix352:

Yes, because anything with a metal on a guys arm equals fallout.

When did post apocalyptic nuclear fallout survivor Equal alien abducted cowboy also.

A piece of metal on both their wrists that do completely different things does not make the story the same. Where does amnesia fit in fallout 3. Where are the Cowboys and not to mention aliens. Setting, story, and technology all point to the direction these are not the same in anyway.

Just tell me how this connects to fallout

There is a crashed alien ship hiddin in the capital wasteland that if you find it there is a stinking powerful gun, also as a random encounter, another spaceship gets shot down near you and leaves another unique gun. The Mothership Zeta DLC for Fallout 3 has the main character get abducted by aliens and one of the NPCs on the ship is a cowboy. plus depending on the perks you have in Fallout New Vegas, you can have a brief encounter similar to C&A movie in that game as well. Granted that the Fallout guy's Pip boy doesnt shoot things but im willing to bet that the wrist Doodad from the movie will do more than just shoot things. I kinda got the fallout thing too when i first saw it mainly from the fact it is in the same spot as a pipboy from the games and the display you could see on it right before and after he shoots the spaceship.

As for the other trailer..................................... this does not look like a good carreer move for Gary Oldman.

Soylent Bacon:

Grrr...beat me to it.

N E Hoo...

Now you don't have to go see the movie or love it for that matter, but if you aren't in some small way intrigued by a movie called COWBOYS AND ALIENS, you really need to take long hard look at your life.

They both look like shit to me.

Shit vs Shit is the question here.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook