Pop Quiz: Which of These Movie Trailers Looks Great?

Pages PREV 1 2

The Real Sandman:

Soylent Bacon:

Grrr...beat me to it.

N E Hoo...

Now you don't have to go see the movie or love it for that matter, but if you aren't in some small way intrigued by a movie called COWBOYS AND ALIENS, you really need to take long hard look at your life.

Oh yeah, definitely agree with you. I'm just going to hold off my excitement until I see more about it. It could be the perfect crossover, or it could be some lazy writers depending entirely on the fact that people will pay to see something with cowboys and aliens in it.

...not saying it will be, but just that Sucker Punch has at least established some great visuals to a unique premise that was more fleshed out in the trailers.

Hopefully, both movies will kick a plentiful amassment of ass.

Seemed pretty bias; you seem to have made up your mind about both films already. What has Red Riding Hood got to do with Twilight, besides having the same director?

King_Serpent:

phoenix352:
as i watched Cowboys and aliens trailer the only thingy that popped into my mind was "i saw this in fallout 3" i mean hr even got a pip boy style alien thing-amagig.

Yes, because anything with a metal on a guys arm equals fallout.

When did post apocalyptic nuclear fallout survivor Equal alien abducted cowboy also.

A piece of metal on both their wrists that do completely different things does not make the story the same. Where does amnesia fit in fallout 3. Where are the Cowboys and not to mention aliens. Setting, story, and technology all point to the direction these are not the same in anyway.

The best connection is that the desert is kind of like the Washington wasteland.

I just do not see this character looking for his dad to try and purify water.

Just tell me how this connects to fallout

It doesn't, but it reminds you of it. It reminded me of it because the scene where Craig is standing there in a cowboy hat, long dusty jacket with a clunk of metal on his arm reminded me alot of my character around level 4 in Fallout: New Vegas.

Saying that, I don't think the two are linked in any other way. Fallout has had aliens in it, but not much along the lines of abjuction until Mothership Zeta and even then, that's not enough to link the two.

So, no, they're not the same thing or heavily linked at all, but you could show that still to someone and they would probably think "Holy shit, there's a fallout movie coming??"

Stubee:
Goddamnit Gary Oldman, fire your damn agent! Your an amazing actor but youve appeared in some awful shit in the last few years!

Yeah I agree here. For such an amazing actor he's been doing some bad stuff lately. Maybe he's just trolling?

£50 says Daniel Craig is the alien. :P

and that Red Riding Hood looks shhhhhhit!

Hm... My birthday is on March 11th. Lucky me indeed...

King_Serpent:

phoenix352:
as i watched Cowboys and aliens trailer the only thingy that popped into my mind was "i saw this in fallout 3" i mean hr even got a pip boy style alien thing-amagig.

When did post apocalyptic nuclear fallout survivor Equal alien abducted cowboy also.

A piece of metal on both their wrists that do completely different things does not make the story the same. Where does amnesia fit in fallout 3. Where are the Cowboys and not to mention aliens. Setting, story, and technology all point to the direction these are not the same in anyway.

The best connection is that the desert is kind of like the Washington wasteland.

I said it LOOKS like fallout i didnt say the story or anything in particular was the same -__-
its cowboys vs aliens things found in fallout3 and battles happen if you actually played the zeta DLC . Next time you feel butt hurt enough to Rant over someones comment i urge you to understand it beforehand.

Battle: Los Angeles, I've waiting for it since 2009. If I had pick between these two probably Cowboys and Aliens. Sidenote: Is Red Riding Hood gonna be rated R? Looks like Amanda Seyfried gets sex'd up alot and this is just the trailer

Disaster Button:
I find this article very biased, almost inflammatory.

I think they're both fine trailers but Cowboys and Aliens looks more fun.

I read this post before I read the article, and I was wondering what would make you say that. Now I know.

They both look quite unappealing.

I bet Gary Oldman wishes he could be in Cowboys and Aliens.

Hmm...

Sucker Punch > Cowboys and Aliens > Red Riding Hood

I saw the trailer for RRH before I got here, and honestly thought it was a prequel to Twilight. Imagine my surprise when I don't see Stephanie Meyer's name anywhere. And see the vampiress who helped Kate escape the mansion in Underworld.

...So not interested in it.

I really hate it when trailers do hat stupid fade to black thing and the silence before something thing too

Both trailers just annoyed me but I would probably go see Cowboys Vs Aliens

Am I the only one who would rather see Red Riding Hood? :/ And I don't even like Twilight!

Cowboys & Aliens reminds me of a very similar with Vikings and a guy from space, it sucked and i am sure C&A will to.
Twilight 2.0 or i mean Red Riding Hood looks crap.

I am looking forward to Heavy Metal current estimated year is 2012 but im not convinced.

Casual Shinji:
Cowboys and Aliens looks pretty cool, but Jon Favreau is a pretty incompetent action director.

We'll see...

Yeah, those Iron Man movies sure were lacking in the action department

DazBurger:

DannibalG36:
Cowboys vs. Aliens looks to be directly inspired by a Gary Larson comic on the same subject.

Well it IS inspired by a comic.. A comic by the same name nonetheless ^^

It also sort of reminds me of Prey, though I have never actually played the game, I still see a few similarities. I guess. :/

OT: I didn't bother watching the Red Riding Hood trailer but Cowboys and Aliens looks...amazing. If you'll excuse me I need to clean myself up. My drool, I mean.

Disaster Button:
I find this article very biased, almost inflammatory.

Exactly. Why claim to ask for opinions when all you really want to do is give your own opinion and tell others what to think?

C & A looks... intresting. Good to see some sort of orginal film i guess (bracing for someone to correct me..)
I didnt even watch all of the red riding hood thing.

I am really the only one who actually thought the red riding hood trailer looked better. The cowboys and aliens look so so stupid and corny its not even funny. That movie is probably gonna fail so horribly its going to be hilarious. Seriously anybody who thinks that cowboys and aliens doesnt sound like a completely retarded movie, well I question your sanity.

Im not saying red riding hood looks that good but I imagine its going to alot more popular the other one. Though one is clearly a chick flick and the other is not.

phoenix352:

King_Serpent:

phoenix352:

I said it LOOKS like fallout i didnt say the story or anything in particular was the same -__-
its cowboys vs aliens things found in fallout3 and battles happen if you actually played the zeta DLC . Next time you feel butt hurt enough to Rant over someones comment i urge you to understand it beforehand.

Dude your taking it a bit to much like an insult. you were unclear so don't blame me for reading and just having another opinion. The fact remains the two are hard to connect that is all. Also, it seems like your dismissing the movie on the fact the guy has metal on his arm. Your taking this to a personal level not me.

I just don't see much of a connection in important areas. Also, I said they have some visuals that seem relatable. That is all. So, I kind of agreed with you in that area.

Look at the other responses they are not insulting. They are fair.

(and notice I haven't insulted you once... but I really want too)

RobfromtheGulag:
The Pip Boy will allow him to defeat the aliens with the patented Vault Assisted Targeting System.

phoenix352:

Atleast I'm not the only one who thought of fallout, to be honest when I first saw the trailer I thought that I had somehow missed the announcement of a New Vegas film, I was so excited. :(

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here