New Reality Show Will Seriously Feature People Playing Catch

Pages PREV 1 2

Realty TV has always been a steaming pile, it's no real surprise.
You know what would be decent though? A fictional (but seemingly reality) show where a bunch of contestants are put on an island full of zombies, and the game is to survive. The only way of getting off the island... is to have the public vote you off!
Genius.

Andronicus:

I loathe that show. If it was called something else, I wouldn't have minded.

But EVERY SINGLE TIME I tell someone that one of my favourite games of all time is Wipeout, all I ever get is "Haha, you like that awful show?", or along the lines thereof.

Then I have to describe to them that no, I hate Wipeout, the gameshow, but I adore Wipeout, the videogame. For someone who doesn't really know what you're talking about, you can imagine the sort of responses I would get.

This show makes my life miserable.

¿But why would you talk in terms or about topics you know other people won't understand?

Buccura:
We're on our way to the movie Ass.

Or the tv show "Ow my balls."

And Fuddrucker's just filed a patent claim to be renamed "Buttfucker's."

it would be cool if they dropped a ball from a helicopter and you had to jump in the air catch the ball then land in a mud pit.

Bah Wipeout, just knock it off the air and fill the spot with reruns of MXC, far more entertaining in my opinion

I call it right here and right now, it will go extremely well! Crappy TVShows seems to do very well in the US for some reason.

I was thinking that it should be a game of hot potato with a hand grenade, but...

stormtrooper9091:
seriously, if they don't show kitten catching things, it's doomed to fail. And reality shows are ALL fail

Howabout one where they catch kittens? Even better if the kittens don't want to be caught.

MasterSplinter:

Andronicus:

I loathe that show. If it was called something else, I wouldn't have minded.

But EVERY SINGLE TIME I tell someone that one of my favourite games of all time is Wipeout, all I ever get is "Haha, you like that awful show?", or along the lines thereof.

Then I have to describe to them that no, I hate Wipeout, the gameshow, but I adore Wipeout, the videogame. For someone who doesn't really know what you're talking about, you can imagine the sort of responses I would get.

This show makes my life miserable.

¿But why would you talk in terms or about topics you know other people won't understand?

That situation doesn't happen often. Most of the time the person I'm talking to is a gamer themselves, but still won't know what I'm talking about (I have come to the conclusion that Wipeout's penetration into popular culture is slightly less prevalent than that of, say, Psychonauts). Then again, most gamers I meet only ever play Starcraft or CoD games. Actually, come to think of it, I've yet to actually physically encounter someone who owns both a PS3 and a copy of Wipeout HD. The only people I can play with (that offer a challenge) are online, and that's no fun at all.

Wierd, round most places i know stating your knowledge of any low profile thing gives you "pro" points.
Well i myself don't own nor a PS3 or a copy of Wipeout HD, but i still play the old one every now and then on the PC.

(dammit I put "¿" on my first reply, I hate when that happens, force of habit)

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.