Hidden Zombie Teaser Buried in Spike VGA Commercial

Hidden Zombie Teaser Buried in Spike VGA Commercial

Spike TV's VGA announcements are getting even more crowded, with a zombie teaser now discovered in a commercial.

In addition to reveals of a BioWare game, Guillermo del Toro project, and a Sony PlayStation 3 exclusive, it looks like we now have a zombie announcement coming at the Spike TV Video Game Awards on December 11. In Spike's commercial that highlighted the BioWare tease is some hidden imagery hinting towards a zombie reveal.

A frame was caught around 20 seconds into the commercial that certainly seems to point to one, anyway. The image, which appears to be a poster that the government might post up during zombie outbreak, shows the silhouettes of two characters that look like they can shamble with the best of them covered by a red "No" symbol. The poster has the message: "Infected? Report it!"

In the upper left corner the words "For the" are written followed by something unreadable. In the lower right we see an upside down "1 of 3." A QR code that flashes right before the image links to a Spike TV website that features the messages "Look Closer" and "Murder." What does it all mean?

Judging by the image's bullet holes, it's possibly teasing a shooter, or at least a game that involves bullets. One of the most popular zombie shooters around is Left 4 Dead, so it could have something to do with the Valve franchise. There's always the possibility that this could be a brand new zombie game, but boy, the market's getting crowded lately. All I know is, all of these Spike TV teasers are really wearing me out. Will December 11 just get here already?

Source: Game Informer

I hope it's not another L4D. All the Valve fanboys' heads will explode with rage.

I want a new zombie game, I'll see what it's all about at the VGA's I guess.

This better be Dead Island I swear to fucking God *shakes fist*

My money would be The Grinder by High Voltage.

perhaps it's Half-Life 2 Episode 3?

...Yes that's right, I said it.

VanityGirl:
I hope it's not another L4D. All the Valve fanboys' heads will explode with rage.

I don't know, I kinda want to see another completely overblown reaction and boycott attempt. For some reason, it amuses me.

As for my opinion on the game, after playing Undead Nightmare for RDR, I kinda want to see a fully realized open world zombie game. I think UN proved that it'd work.

Maybe their just messing with us for cheap giggles. I can imagine them doing something like that.

RatRace123:

I don't know, I kinda want to see another completely overblown reaction and boycott attempt. For some reason, it amuses me.

Ugh! I don't know if really want to see the forums flooded with "OMG Valve r teh sukz!" again.
-_-"

I wouldn't mind a Left 4 Dead 3 as long as it was long. And had my ol' buddy Louis.

Or was set in Britain.

RatRace123:

VanityGirl:

As for my opinion on the game, after playing Undead Nightmare for RDR, I kinda want to see a fully realized open world zombie game. I think UN proved that it'd work.

Don't worry. Undead labs has got you covered on that one. ;)

I'm still calling Mass Effect 3.

...but now I'm expecting it to be bloody amazing before I consider giving it a chance. I'm kinda sick of the whole zombie craze.

Maybe Penn and Teller are making Desert Bus a Zombie survival game.

GTA zombie DLC!

LET IT BE A GTA ZOMBIE DLC!

Oh, more zombies.
They sure are pushing the creative envelope.

I can't wait.

(Can't wait to ignore it)

It's probably more info about the zombie MMO that some people from Arena Net went to work on. Because that's seriously the only thing I know about that game.

Edit: Double post, my bad. Stupid internet!

Zombies are awesome, can we not kill the concept by overdoing it please? Thanks.

there's no such thing as too many zombie games...

This is how the full trailer will play out:

*Helicopter shot of Abandoned City filled with Zombies*
*Zooms in to zombie herd*
*Genericly gruff narrator says 'It started with one case in Algeria. Then 10 in Egypt. 100 in France and now 1,000,000 in Detroit.. We are surrounded with Zombies WHICH HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GAME! *insert Shitty Casual Hipster Game name here* available on Apple Iphone, PS Three and Ecks Bawks 360.

Or it's probably another shitty Zombie game.

No more Left 4 Dead. Yes, I am going to be one of "those people" who will be very upset if there's another L4D before even a HINT about Episode 3.

What I want this to be is a full-blown Nazi Zombie game. Storyline and all, not just a fun little side game. Who am I kidding? That will never happen...

Dead State anyone?

Man that VGA "Look Closer" site is creepy at 3:00 AM. Bye-bye, any chance of a few hours' sleep.
On a side note, meaning on-topic, I'd love for this to be L4D3, and when you look at how quickly Valve followed 1 with 2, it seems like a distinct possibility.

Well... whatever it is... there's a "1 of 3" set upside down on the lower right corner. Which means there's 2 other potential pictures for this...

Agent51:
GTA zombie DLC!

LET IT BE A GTA ZOMBIE DLC!

YES! A ZOMBIE GAME USING THE EUPHORIA ENGINE!1ONE!!

RatRace123:

VanityGirl:

......dead rising........
OT: I have a rule. If a game looks cool I might get it. If a game is announced by valve or bioware then I will save up, preorder and stay up to get it.

CTU_Loscombe:
This better be Dead Island I swear to fucking God *shakes fist*

or possession. however that doesn't make sense as possession has a zombie main character with no known gun use and relies on your mutating your zombies on the fly.

Sniper Team 4:
No more Left 4 Dead. Yes, I am going to be one of "those people" who will be very upset if there's another L4D before even a HINT about Episode 3.

What I want this to be is a full-blown Nazi Zombie game. Storyline and all, not just a fun little side game. Who am I kidding? That will never happen...

Why are you upset. Very little resources were diverted to L4D, and it's great. The only reason they made l4d2 so quickly was because they realised they could a game out in a year. a first for valve, but what did they get? pricks like you screaming at them for not doing what you want.

I've seen the logo before in an rps ad.
It had something to do with digging^^

Pffa , isn't that clear?

It's the VGA's! From the Hosts to the LadyBait running around, it's all Zombies. That's all.

Just entertaining an inkling in the back of my head, but I would shit so many bricks if all of these teasers were for the same project......

It reminds me a bit of the viral marketing campaign for "Arkham Asylum" and the lead in for it. "Look Closer" makes me think that there is something people aren't spotting in that picture that links to another site, either that or something about the "look closer" graphic itself.

That said, ARGs don't impress me much any more, and it doesn't surprise me that Spike has gotten involved in something like this.

I have no objection to Zombie games to be honest, it's the current mania. My big problem is poorly constructed Zombie fiction without any real consistant mythology or lore behind them for it to make any kind of sense. Seems to me that "look, it's zombies, shoot them" is becoming a catch-all plotline, and zombies are used as a way to avoid any kind of real writing. When there is some explanation involved, it's almost invariably the recycling of the same ideas everyone else has been using.

Maybe some Left 4 dead DLC?

I am pretty sure that at this point, the only reason people pay attention to the VGAs is because of the reveals at the show.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.