Lego Black Ops Spills Tons of Lego Blood

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Lego Black Ops Spills Tons of Lego Blood

You might cringe more while watching these Lego people get stabbed in the neck than you did while playing Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Custard Productions does some amazing things with Lego people, and their most recent project put the plastic race in the line of fire once again. If Lego people were playable characters in Call of Duty: Black Ops, this is what it'd look like.

Custard's one-and-a-half minute Lego Black Ops video is a brutal look at the dark side of Legos. While not flying the Lego Millennium Falcon or guarding a Lego Castle, Lego people are stabbing each other in the neck, blowing off each other's heads with shotguns, and tossing grenades at anything that moves. They're a very unstable people.

Rest assured, Lego people were harmed in the making of this video. I know these are just plastic men, but something about this Lego Black Ops video is a little disturbing. Maybe it's the fact that icons of my childhood are shooting themselves in the face?

Still, Custard's animation work is really well done, and very cool. Lego Black Ops has action, suspense, humor, and plenty of gross Lego blood. Were Lego Black Ops an actual game, I would play it, but I'm not sure Lego's owners will ever want to take the property in this gory direction. Their loss.

Source: GameInformer

Oh, Keshen8! I love his lego vids, and this one is no exception!

Oh man, this guy is BRILLIANT! BRIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!!

What people do with their time.

who would cringe at this?
but yeah this pretty much sums up black ops

Saw this on Gameinformer, but it's still cool.

Saw this yesterday and it was awesome. This guy can make fantastic lego stop-motions!

That was awesome. I want to go play with some legos now.

Keshen8 is the best at lego stop-motion vids, hands down.

Black Ops? More like Block Ops!

... I'm not too late, am I? Did someone already make that joke?

This is, without a doubt, just image

I went over to his channel and watched some of the other stuff he's done, and it's amazing.
I will admit, I'd like to see him do the last bit in the Russian part of World at War, where

Huh? Why would I cringe at this? This is how I played with Lego. The cops used to bust into drug deals going down and a shootout would occur, innocent bystanders would be shot, and then OH SHIT The fucking EMPIRE Strikes back.

Anyways, that was pretty awesome.

Ziggy109:

Don't worry, no one made that joke, in fact, no one wants to make that joke, because it's a bad joke.

In fact, just for making such a bad joke, I'm going to send my evil army of robots to attsck you.

Very, very cool. I reminded me the the good ol'times with my own legos.. except not as cool and without awesome guns accessories.

That was totally incredible.

I love it, and I don't even like BLOPS.

LEGO really needs to get in on this. They've been doing franchise games lately, but none that are this action-y.

Also, I am totally jealous of his Lego arsenal. I know he made a few of the guns custom, and that's impressive even without mad stop-motion skills.

sweet................I would love to see more lego stuff like this.

The video was great, but I have to disagree with the articles conclusion. Not really a loss to not see Lego do this.

At least not quite the way this was done.

They really need to make a Lego game like this!

to good for words so I'll stop now

The horror!!! THE HORROR!!!!!

that was epic, and mildly disturbing how they were constantly smiling,
particularly where

That was an awesome video!

Some sweet action. Even got some Matrix and Duke Nukem vibes there.

Oh, and don't bring a marker to a gunfight.

At the end of the video, when there was one last lego standing, i thought to myself, yeah i remember the server freezing too....

...is it bad that I want to see a viciously violent LEGO-Call of Duty game now?

Sturmdolch:
Huh? Why would I cringe at this? This is how I played with Lego. The cops used to bust into drug deals going down and a shootout would occur, innocent bystanders would be shot, and then OH SHIT The fucking EMPIRE Strikes back.

Anyways, that was pretty awesome.

Anything is possible in the world of Lego. I would have Civil War reenactments, with sides charging each other. Many a good Lego soldier died for his cause. And there were the Zombie Lego wars. Those were grim times. Grim times indead...

But yeah this is awesome. Legos can be about whatever you want it to be. From building awesome stuff to blowing that shit up with the little Lego dynamite that came with that really old Wild West kit (damn that was a while ago). So long as you're having fun and being creative, Lego is doing its job.

AssassinJoe:

Ziggy109:

Don't worry, no one made that joke, in fact, no one wants to make that joke, because it's a bad joke.

In fact, just for making such a bad joke, I'm going to send my evil army of robots to attsck you.

*closes open mouth about to make joke*

*quietly slinks away*

OT: Saw this earlier as it was featured on youtube itself. Very well done. I'd recommend his other stuff too. All very high quality.

Master_Spartan117666:
This is, without a doubt, just image

I went over to his channel and watched some of the other stuff he's done, and it's amazing.
I will admit, I'd like to see him do the last bit in the Russian part of World at War, where

Love the pic, fits perfectly.

Okay, this is just three kinds of super special awesome!

That is probably the most awesome thing i have seen in my entire life...

Honest to god, i was pissing myself with laughter XD

Wow, that makes me want to find my old legos and donate to their project! That was way epic and definitely a fun little video. I love the part where the guy is shooting at the man with the tube as he casually walks out and blows him up. Priceless but true!

Excellent Video, thanks for sharing!

Awesome...House, do you have anything to add?

Good gods, they're are AMAZING

I was hoping for blood more like what it was in Block Death...

Still, interesting video.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or