Fan Creates Edgey McEdgerson's Hedge Edger from ENN Joke

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fan Creates Edgey McEdgerson's Hedge Edger from ENN Joke

An Escapist denizen made a flash game based on a joke made by Graham Stark in an episode of ENN and it's really fun.

Stop the presses! I think we found our Game of the Year.

In October, the trademark for the word "edge" that Tim Langdell of Edge Games has been vigorously protecting for years was finally overturned by a California court. Our own source for entertainment news, the Escapist News Network's Graham Stark was pleased by this turn of events. Now he could finally move forward with a game that he'd held on the back burner for fear of Tim Langdell's overzealous lawyers. With Langdell's trademarks no longer a problem, Graham told co-anchor Kathleen DeVere that he could finally move forward with his game Edgey McEdgerson's Hedge Edger.

A fan of the show made the leap and actually designed a flash game with Graham's idea. Hosted at Kongregate and designed by NirTivAal, Edgey McEdgerson's Hedge Edger is exactly what you'd expect. You play as Edgey McEdgerson and leap from the top of hedges while poppy dance music plays. In that way, it's reminiscent of Robot Unicorn but the difficulty ramps up as Edgey goes faster and faster. It's a simple game, but it's really quite fun.

I'm not sure what Graham Stark thinks about the game, or the fact that someone took a quick joke of his and turned it into a reality. I, for one, think it's hilarious and give kudos to NirTivAal for pulling it off.

This is actually really fun. The music is awesome.

Man, someone is infringing on Graham's intellectual properties! Booo! booo!

*goes to check it out*

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/stolen-pixels/6326-Stolen-Pixels-112-Ready-to-Settle

Didn't Shamus get to this first?

It's a little unfair to give all the credit to ENN.

This is damn funny.

Graham needs to threaten to sue. Then this would be the best thing ever.

This had better not become as addictive to me as Robot Unicorn Attack did..... It's actually pretty fun. Music is pretty cool too.

Always, I wanna be with you.....

JourneyThroughHell:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/stolen-pixels/6326-Stolen-Pixels-112-Ready-to-Settle

But this one is about Edgy McEdgerson.

Shamus's is about Edgy Edgerton.

Totally and completely different. No similarities. At all. Ever. None.

Haha, thats awesome! I'll have to try it out later!

Hwy we were just talking about this lat night. It's to see it got it's own article.

JourneyThroughHell:

Wow. You're seriously going to jump on this - a parody of ridiculous copyright chasing - by accusing us of getting the credit wrong? Dude. Seriously. Dude.

Decent game for what it is Hovering Hedges were not something I was expecting to see today.

JourneyThroughHell:

That was back when he was trying to sue "Mirrior's Edge" with a different made-up game title while this one was based off the name from ENN. who was making a joke about being safe to produce a game with the word(s) edge in it.

Also, maybe NirTivAal didn't remember the Shamus' article?

Music is awesome, to bad I suck at timed jumps D:

I got the bad ending! D:

The game was fun and fast paced, with a few more goals and abilities or whatever it would be awesome! Felt like a Sonic game...

Sonic the Hedge Edger?!?!

Someone make a parody of this parody where I can hedge Edgy Hedgehogs (the more gore the better).

Music definitely fit the game, nice job!

The Music makes it.

Well so much for writing today, this is just too fun, and the music kicks too much ass.

That is sooooooooooooooooooo awesome. Can people keep making games based on graham's jokes please! lol

Russ Pitts:

JourneyThroughHell:

Wow. You're seriously going to jump on this - a parody of ridiculous copyright chasing - by accusing us of getting the credit wrong? Dude. Seriously. Dude.

Ok i lol'd pretty hard reading this XD

So awesome, well done that man.

Russ Pitts:

JourneyThroughHell:

Well, it's not like I'm stomping on the ground and shaking my fist at you, guys.

I just called things as I see them. And it irked me when someone said "Graham's idea", because when I heard that joke, my first thought was I heard it before.

So. Yeah. Just that. If you find that ridiculous (and it kinda is), that's fine.

Oh snap!

How do I get the good ending?

This made my afternoon! I shall play it when i am not using my friend's wii to surf the escapist.

The game is a lot more fun than i was expecting. I like it.

Actually this game is very amusing!

I'd really like to see it on iPhone!

The game is pretty fun to play ... Seems like the perfect thing that should occupy the "Alt-Escape" Page ... Whatever happened to that, last update was in May?

I hope this turns into a whole genre of games.

I love it.
And not the first gmae based on LRR humor...
http://www.clickquest.net/

Greg Tito:

I'm not sure what Graham Stark thinks about the game, or the fact that someone took a quick joke of his and turned it into a reality. I, for one, think it's hilarious and give kudos to NirTivAal for pulling it off.

Graham_LRR

Somebody actually MADE Edgey McEdgerson's Hedge Edger. http://tinyurl.com/373y4ds Awesome. (Thanks @ZeRootofAllEvil for the tip!)

;)

That reminds me of my idea of realising Captain Bland's Monotonous Adventure (although it would be intentionally not monotonous ;)). Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to make a game, so I am happy to see at least someone who made a joke concept into a reality.

That's great. It's both hilarious that someone actually made a game based on that joke, and it's a decent game. It's like that Robot Unicorn thing, but the music doesn't make me wish I was deaf.

If I were Graham, I'd be flattered. Its like homestarrunner.com having a SBemail making up a bunch of fake 80's hair metal bands and finding months later that two bands have formed under those names.

Can someone please make Super Egg Toucher now?

I can't believe the recognition my game has gotten, and that so many of the comments are positive.

A few people have said that I should have added more stuff. I talked about that a bit in my thread about the game. I felt like it was getting to the point where if I didn't simplify it I would never finish.

To get the good ending your height needs to be over 2500 at the end of the game. You can track your stats by clicking those words beside the mute button. I added an easy mode, so that should help. If you still can't get it here's a tip:

Thanks for the support, escapists!

Holy Shit! That was AWESOME!! ..And I got the bad ending!

Great game

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or