Journey's Multiplayer Designed "For Humans," Not Cursing Kids

Pages PREV 1 2

Flying Dagger:
I was totally expecting this to be called Flowerer

At least it's not Deflowerer, eh?

V8 Ninja:
I'm sorry, but no. If there's any actions between players in a game, they WILL be assholes whether you like it or not. That's just how it is. Unless the players can't interact at all, this man's words will fall flat on their face. That is 95% guaranteed.

I don't think he means that there won't be any assholes at all because, well...that would be stupid, like you said. I got the impression that what he was saying was that it won't be an environment which breeds assholes, like online FPS games are.

Aeshi:
So children aren't people because their brains haven't had time to turn to mush and are evil for wanting to play games multiplayer?

the point he is trying to make is that when you meet a kid in real life, the kid doesn't swear at you and try and teabag you when you fall over. so why should it be like that in a game, especially in a game like this where everything is much more calm and has an almost philosophical feel.

Chen's found that in Left 4 Dead people would often kill him for his medical pack, when the game is supposed to be about surviving together.

Oh you little liar. 250 hours of gameplay and no such thing happened to me, ever. But it certainly fits your agenda :D

For humans? Better ship that game with a mandatory Gom jabbar test then.

Anyway, to me this sounds more like "This game is basically online all the time, but you'll barely realise it until you see someone else."

Quiet Stranger:
I'm definitely gonna have to get a PS3 for this, it will be nice to find some nice, rational human beings on the console

I'll join you. That game looks cool. I like their work also so i should have no complaints.

Aeshi:
So children aren't people because their brains haven't had time to turn to mush and are evil for wanting to play games multiplayer?

Did you ignore everything else posted, or do you just not play games online?

Generally children are obnoxious, loud/foul mouthed little turds on online gaming, thanks to Internet Tough Guy Anonymity.

I really don't need to make anymore of a point, just go play Black Ops/Halo online.

As for the OP, hell yes. I'll be interested to see how they will get around this though. Some sort of IQ test before you go online? XD

I am looking forward to the game, it looks beautiful and I like the idea of a new take in "gaming" (i.e. I have no idea what the gameplay is like).

Anyway, I find ti strange to say it'll be a game for "adults". THe stereotype of the bad-mouthed-12-year-old is just that. A stereotype. The main problem is that human averall are fickle creatures that have different tastes. So just because someone is grown up or an adult, does not mean that he won't feel like trolling a bit (see SA forum goons), or simply thinks the game should be played a different way than you.

In the end there is no way of making a game that avoids player driven conlict more than you can create world peace. The best you can hope for is a community of like-minded people that can play together. But if you get there you probably havea very narrow audience (Also see "The endless forest")

Challenge accepted. -_-

online isnt that bad, ive had some douches before but you know, had some awesome teammates before too.

you guys make out like every server is populated by kids shouting "hairy dogs cock" at you

Jenova Chen:
Chen's found that in Left 4 Dead people would often kill him for his medical pack

Woah, who the fuck does he play L4D with? This happened *often*? Is his nick OsamaWasRight or something? I've never seen behaviour like that in L4D, it's one of the best games I've ever played for being nice to each other online.

Really wish they'd port this over to 360, because it sounds amazing. I'm a nomad at heart, so this is right up my alley.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here