Pterodactyls Cause Dystopian Zombie/Human Melee on Xbox Live

Pterodactyls Cause Dystopian Zombie/Human Melee on Xbox Live

Ska Studios' latest release on Xbox Live Indie Games looks like way too much multiplayer fun for a buck.

As part of the Xbox Live Indie Games Winter Uprising, Ska Studios has released ZP2KX: Zombies & Pterodactyls 20XX on the service for just 80 Microsoft Points. Good for us, ZP2KX doesn't look like a game that should only cost $1.

Ska Studios is known for releases such as Dishwasher: Dead Samurai and Xbox Live Indie Games hit I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1NIT!!!1. ZP2KX is the followup to ZP2K9.

ZP2KX pits players against each other at the mercy of their pterodactyl masters. Zombies "just want to be left alone," but unfortunately have to deal with humans that love to fire weaponry at them. It's a side-scrolling online multiplayer title with various modes such as deathmatch and capture the flag with a characteristic visual style Ska Studios has become known for.

Players fly around on a jetpack through various environments while taking out opponents with missile launchers, grenades, guns, blades, and even just their feet. As you kill other players, you'll earn XP to unlock new features and tons of customizable clothing while building a unique class.

Going by the game's latest trailer, there's even an Anglerfish involved somehow, as if it couldn't get any better. I haven't been able to try ZP2KX yet, but unless the trailer wizards have performed some magic it looks like a great title for $1 and a perfect inclusion for the goal of the XBLIG Winter Uprising.

Source: Ska Studios

This finally came out? D:

Damn I'd download it right this second if it weren't for Misfits being on...

I'll definitely download it in an hour :D It looks like great fun and I have 90msp left!

Imagine all the sales lost because you can't play offline. Another game to put on my gigantic list for when they change the rules. :p lol

Sean.Devlin:
Imagine all the sales lost because you can't play offline. Another game to put on my gigantic list for when they change the rules. :p lol

That's interesting cause last night after my internet turned off I turned on my Xbox and all the indie games I had bought were fully playable...

Sean.Devlin:

It's 80ms points, if you looking for perfection perhaps a game that costs more than a bar of chocolate is for you.

GamesB2:

Sean.Devlin:

That's interesting cause last night after my internet turned off I turned on my Xbox and all the indie games I had bought were fully playable...

Careful, you'll get in trouble. ;)

Looks interesting. If I was a microsoft person I'd buy it.

Yay indie games and yay for a studio called Ska Studios. Looks interesting.

It really annoys me that they call themselves ska studios. Feels like the games are being made like Reel big fish and desmond dekker. I wont support.

This_ends_now:
It really annoys me that they call themselves ska studios. Feels like the games are being made like Reel big fish and desmond dekker. I wont support.

I'm sure the good folks at Ska Studios are really losing sleep over that. If something like that really annoys you, you must be going through life like an incandescant ball of rage.

Did I see a gun that shoots out bees???
Looks awesome, even without the pterodactyls.

MarsProbe:

This_ends_now:

I'm sure the good folks at Ska Studios are really losing sleep over that. If something like that really annoys you, you must be going through life like an incandescant ball of rage.

I got two incandescent balls of rage for ya, fo head! </grumble grumble grumble>

emeraldrafael:

what?

Is there an offline mode for this game? Cause if so I'll buy it

This_ends_now:

Kinda sad, to be honest. The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai was a masterpiece, and I MAED A GAM3 W1TH Z0MB1ES 1NIT!!!1 was mindless, Smash TV style fun. Ska makes some damn good games that have a style unlike anything else on the market, and you shouldn't write them off because you don't like the name.

I...

Thats Soldat.

Thats bloody Soldat, but with prettier visuals.

InterAirplay:

emeraldrafael:

what?

I'm a Sony person. So I stay away from Microsoft. Well, thats not really the reason. Halo ruined it for me. and I always played the PS2, so it was just natural to bump up to the PS3.

Thats shallow, I know.

emeraldrafael:

InterAirplay:

emeraldrafael:

what?

I'm a Sony person. So I stay away from Microsoft. Well, thats not really the reason. Halo ruined it for me. and I always played the PS2, so it was just natural to bump up to the PS3.

Thats shallow, I know.

So are you making these comments from a mac

murphy7801:
Snip

No.

Look, First, I'd like to say I know this doesnt make sense. I dont need the criticism. I just dont like the 360 as a gaming console. RRoDs and Halo mostly, but I just didnt like the system and the overbearing sense of elitism that 360 owners had when it first came out.

TsunamiWombat:
I...

Thats Soldat.

Yeah, basically. Ska Studios (formerly known as Totally Screwed Software) mostly makes clones of classic games like Smash TV and River City Ransom. That said, they are typically high quality clones, and have enough original content in them to stand on their own.

TsunamiWombat:
I...

Thats Soldat.

Excactly my thought.
AND lightsaber-wielding ninjas with jet-packs, don't forget that... NEVER forget that, or they'll get you :p

Looks like one of those really bad anime mods on Soldat.

This looks like an identical clone of SOLDAT with just a few flashier effects.

emeraldrafael:

murphy7801:
Snip

No.

Look, First, I'd like to say I know this doesnt make sense. I dont need the criticism. I just dont like the 360 as a gaming console. RRoDs and Halo mostly, but I just didnt like the system and the overbearing sense of elitism that 360 owners had when it first came out.

my response was joke because kept saying Microsoft not 360 and pc gamer what would I care I like my own hardware!

80M$ points? ...I MAY buy it.

Reply to Thread

Posting on this forum is disabled.