Explosion On Uwe Boll Film Fails to Stop Uwe Boll Film

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Explosion On Uwe Boll Film Fails to Stop Uwe Boll Film

An explosion on the set of the new Uwe Boll film In the Name of the King 2 has sent six people to the hospital but doesn't appear to be enough to halt production.

The explosion took place on the set of In the Name of the King 2 as it was being filmed in Golden Ears Provincial Park, east of Vancouver. Maple Ridge Fire Department Chief Dane Spence said the explosion was apparently caused when a hose came off a propane tank as the film crew was transferring propane into portable cylinders and a nearby heater sparked a "flash fire."

Six people suffered minor burns as a result of the incident and one wound up with a broken leg. "What made it a little difficult to diagnose these people is that many of them had black face paint on and medieval-type clothing from the movie set," Spence said. The RCMP and WorkSafeBC are investigating the accident.

It's fortunate that nobody was seriously injured, but the downside is that the accident won't be sufficient to bring a halt to production of the sequel to In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, the 2008 flick that helped earn Boll a Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Director. The new film, starring action legend Dolph Lundgren, is entitled simply In the Name of the King 2; no release date has been set.

Source: The Globe and Mail

Caused by a loose hose nothing. This is clearly the result of the universe itself trying to put a stop to this movie.

Ok the C4 didn't work, switching to the 50. Cal!

If bombs were enough to stop Uwe Boll, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Cheap jokes aside, I hope everyone quickly recovers and learns to avoid such terrible productions in the future. They're bad for your health.

Boll's had too much experience with bombs to have let this happen.

Tim Latshaw:
Boll's had too much experience with bombs to have let this happen.

*ba-dum tish!*

OT: I'm glad that no one was too seriously hurt by the blast but honestly? I think this might be the universe's way of saying "don't make this movie!".

Is the dragon on that poster made out of playdough?

Damn! How many people have to be hurt by your films Boll?

It's a sign Uwe Boll, stop making movies.

Ranooth:

I have always told you, WE NEEDED ROCKET LAUNCHERS!

My only question is why they were wearing black facepaint.

Dexiro:

I was thinking the same thing. You know that movie is going to suck if the poster looks like ass.

I hope the cameras were rolling at the time, then at least it'll have the best special effects ever seen in his films.

it looks like some higher deity doesnt want this movie to be made!

This just in, Uwe Boll is fucking unstoppable. I for one welcome our new Uwe Boll overlord.

Not G. Ivingname:

Ranooth:

I'm writing a petition to the generals in charge of the US/russia collaborative orbital ion cannon sattelite project (they decided true WOMD's should be split between them to keep china in check, witghout a new cold war between russia and america) If they are persuaded by my points, that should do the trick.

Oh man i noticed this on the news this morning and went, "What! They're filming a movie so close to my hou- GOD DAMNIT OWE BOLL"

It's a sign! Even God himself wants to halt this production!

Oh quiet you :P Uwe Boll is a great director! He's so good at being bad that his good is actually great. Can't wait for this movie, truth be told.

That's like 20 minutes from where I live! Those people in Maple Ridge are crazy.

Ironically, the flash fire is probably a better special effect than what has been seen in all of Boll's movies.

A true sign that the world is upside down. People are starving and out of work, young writers with brilliant ideas are going unnoticed, and yet someone continues to give Uwe Boll money to make movies.

Sigh.

Unfortunately for the world, Uwe Boll was not injured.

Damn, my plan didn't work-- I mean... uh... hope everyone's ok, cause we wouldn't want anything bad to happen to Uwe Boll, right guys?? :P

Nocturnal Gentleman:

Dexiro:

I was thinking the same thing. You know that movie is going to suck if the poster looks like ass.

It's not enough that it looks like shit, it's in fudging TEAL and ORANGE! Which can be seen EVERYWHERE!

Not G. Ivingname:

You youngsters underrate overkill, we need napalm rockets.

My genuine reaction to this was to say:

'Uwe Boll still makes fucking movies?!'

For the record, I think Uwe Boll is fucking awesome.

Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Curses, foiled again!

"Hello, is that the RAF? Oh good, I'd like to call in an airstrike at these co-ordinates please..."

*opens the little metal face of Lincoln*

*presses big red button*

UWE BOLL! I HAVE NOVV FIRRERED ZE MIZZILEZ

Bolls films have steadily increased in quality since his debut.
If you don't believe me, watch them in chronological order.

"The new movie from Uwe Boll"

Was I the only one who shuddered when I read that?

Hope the injured make quick recoveries, and put up a lawsuit against Mr. Boll. Maybe lawyers might shut him down?

Have we not yet reached the point yet where "The new movie from Uwe Boll" is a disclaimer rather than an advertisement or selling point?

For those of you who hate Uwe Boll:

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or